Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only plays 3 drives yet Eli stays in a quarter and a half? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#60 : August 21, 2013, 04:58:33 PM

I think the reason that Glennon is getting most of the reps in preason games is pretty simple:

a) starting QBs typically don't get lots of reps in preseason, especially when your starting guards aren't there and he's exposed to injury.
b) They need to find out if they can keep 2 QBs so that they can utilize that extra roster spot. They need to see how much Glennon can handle.

I'm with GT - the addition of a handful of plays last week wasn't going to do squat for Freeman or the offense's season. For it to have any effect on the latter, you also have to keep Martin, V-Jax, M-Wil in there.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#61 : August 21, 2013, 05:00:58 PM

So he looks like crap and nothing is working. He's running into his own running back like keystone cops....but we should just let them figure that out in the regular season? No need to work out those kinks in preseason? Gotta disagree. Strongly.

That was on Doug.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#62 : August 21, 2013, 05:02:43 PM

So he looks like crap and nothing is working. He's running into his own running back like keystone cops....but we should just let them figure that out in the regular season? No need to work out those kinks in preseason? Gotta disagree. Strongly.

That was on Doug.
Shhhhh he won't accept that

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : August 21, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

Maybe I will.....what proof do you have to back it up?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#64 : August 21, 2013, 09:32:03 PM

Maybe I will.....what proof do you have to back it up?

Knowing football. Doug didn't do well faking the PA, he was more focused on blocking blitzing LBs. I don't have the fancy screens like some here but I'm sure someone can pull them up for you.

gone

Hall of Famer
#65 : August 22, 2013, 12:12:28 AM

That was on Doug.

No, it wasn't.  I thought it was watching it live too, but watching it again you can sit it clearly on the replay, they have a direct frontal look at it and Josh moves to his right and into Doug.  Clear as day. 

Shhhhh he won't accept that

No, he probably won't.  Freepologists aren't big on actually watching the game, they prefer to just read the stats in the paper the next day.

gone

Hall of Famer
#66 : August 22, 2013, 12:44:35 AM

Just before the snap:

After Josh takes 3 "Baby steps" (for lack of better term) back and to his right.

Josh's footwork was the culprit there.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : August 22, 2013, 08:15:28 AM

Did caradoc just call me a Freepologist?

I don't know who's fault it was. I just know it was a horrible way to start the game and it just got worse from there. I guess I just automatically blame Josh because he is always **CENSORED**ing up, while Martin rarely does. Plus, Freeman doesn't do his usual stupid face afterwards....so it was probably on him.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#68 : August 22, 2013, 09:05:42 AM

Just before the snap:

After Josh takes 3 "Baby steps" (for lack of better term) back and to his right.

Josh's footwork was the culprit there.

I can not see anything on those 2 pics, not as if the red line helps at all. Could you please give me a bit more indepth analysis here.

On 2nd pic Freeman has moved backwards and turned on his right foot, which should be his 3rd step, right? My understanding would be the guy running forwards, where his eyes point at, should run by the guy running backwards, who can not look backwards, right? Martin runs isolated right at the center, to then cut to the right in to the hole RG and RT created, where the offback is already running through? Is Freeman supposed to turn on his left foot on 3rd step, was it acctually  his 3rd step...not  2nd or 4th? Considering '55' i do not think the play is about cutting by him from so far of the left (right behind center). Whats the point of RT and RG stretching it so far to the right then?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#69 : August 22, 2013, 09:21:32 AM

I'm not sure why the RG and FB completely ignored #55 anyways.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#70 : August 22, 2013, 09:37:28 AM

I think the reason that Glennon is getting most of the reps in preason games is pretty simple:

a) starting QBs typically don't get lots of reps in preseason, especially when your starting guards aren't there and he's exposed to injury.
b) They need to find out if they can keep 2 QBs so that they can utilize that extra roster spot. They need to see how much Glennon can handle.

I'm with GT - the addition of a handful of plays last week wasn't going to do squat for Freeman or the offense's season. For it to have any effect on the latter, you also have to keep Martin, V-Jax, M-Wil in there.

What your saying makes sense, it really does. But I just can't seem to understand why Freeman is 2nd to last in the NFL for snaps taken by starting QBs. The guy lower than him is Ben Rothlesberger and Freeman surely is no where near his level of play. That coupled with how awkward this offense has looked with him at the helm and I'm left a hinting su**CENSORED**ion that maybe there is another reason why.

Also, didn't I read somewhere about us keeping 3 QBs?

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#71 : August 22, 2013, 09:41:52 AM

Yo, its a double edge sword and both sides are sharp. Our man Free needs the work but we also would be in Lady Taylor Swift land (Trouble!) if he got hurt. I know this will upset Glennon fans but we have seen too many QBs have good preseasons here just to not amount to much later on (Luke MCown, Josh Johnson, etc.). Free better play into the third quarter in Miami.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : August 22, 2013, 09:43:55 AM

We are keeping three QBs.

As far as starter snaps in preseason, it seems like the new rules that limit what you can do in OTAs, camp, and even weekly practice during the regular season....have increased the value of preseason playing time. Just about every team in the league is playing their starters much more than usual and I have seen a lot of offensive and defensive play calling that is far from vanilla. These guys are taking advantage of these games and getting the most out of them. We seem to be one of the few teams that aren't buying in to this new preseason philosophy.

As far as injury goes, of course you can get hurt, but you can get hurt in camp to. Or in these two team scrimmages that have become so popular. The odds of an injury during a preseason game is no higher, so living/playing/coaching scared is not helping anyone. If you don't take advantage of these games like everyone is, you are just handicapping your team and setting them up for a slow start to the regular season.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#73 : August 22, 2013, 09:49:56 AM

I'm not sure why the RG and FB completely ignored #55 anyways.

Im specualting here, but i guess the idea was to isolate Martin on 55 with plenty of room to make him miss. The FB might even get him another block after.
But why is Martin so far to the left, off the middle of 55 then? The left is jammed and all that room to the right is useless for Martin. 55 just would need to wait for Martin to cut right into him.

Having the RT moving the DE, the RG giving him an initial push and then move onto 54 would be nice, as it frees up the FB to block 55. But this would mean 3 more 1on1s, one miss here and Martin might not even have the chance to make somebody miss.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#74 : August 22, 2013, 11:43:11 AM

Martin is looking right at Spikes and missed the fake running into Freeman. Put yourself in the eyes of the running back.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman only plays 3 drives yet Eli stays in a quarter and a half? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools