Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs be thinking about moving on from Bowers.......already?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

: August 19, 2013, 12:48:33 AM

Ira Kaufman seems to think that may be the case. Check out this conversation between the Tampa Tribune's Bucs beat wirter and a seemingly casual Bucs fan on Twitter.

Ira Kaufman @IKaufmanTBO

Don't be shocked if the Bucs pick up a DE or a TE when the final cuts are made. Both positions appear to be a little thin at this point
5:57 PM - 18 Aug 2013

Gene @Baloo5232

@IKaufmanTBO How can they know their needs of they don't play people?
5:59 PM - 18 Aug 2013

Ira Kaufman @IKaufmanTBO

@Baloo5232 They've played Da'Quan Bowers long enough through two preseason games to realize he may not be the answer at left defensive end.
6:02 PM - 18 Aug 2013

Interesting to say the least. It makes one wonder.... is there a DE out there that may be cut in the coming weeks that could suit up and contribute to this year's Bucs front seven?

Its ok, Ive been here before... --Lovie Smith

Hes a great coach, hes been there before... --Lavonte David

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2013, 12:58:49 AM

They will play him this season, and depending on how everything turns out they'll do something next season.

A lot of money is tied up right now, and the future. A lot of IF's in Tampa regarding capspace.

That being the case, they'll try to get something out of bowers.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 19, 2013, 03:24:27 AM

Bowers knee may have finally spun his career into the short shelf life mode...not sure why he has been so putrid in his role. In all of preseason, his lack of energy and play for size has been putrid.

Bowers, I had you for around a dozen sacks. I dropped that number a little after game 1, but now?  You are a two-four sacks a season. Awful. Put down the guitar and guns, and focus on ball numbnuts!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2013, 03:36:14 AM

Bowers knee may have finally spun his career into the short shelf life mode...not sure why he has been so putrid in his role. In all of preseason, his lack of energy and play for size has been putrid.

Bowers, I had you for around a dozen sacks. I dropped that number a little after game 1, but now?  You are a two-four sacks a season. Awful. Put down the guitar and guns, and focus on ball numbnuts!

Idk if his knee has anything to do with it. It seems like he's out of shape and sluggish to me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 19, 2013, 03:48:59 AM

Could be the lower leg issues have sapped him of any chance to escalate his ability.

Just going off the only thing that would rationally explain why he has sucked so hard so far. That, or he isn't motivated and that is even worse, because it is inexcusable.
: August 19, 2013, 03:52:50 AM Boid Fink

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2013, 07:19:58 AM

When your head coach says "he needs to go through plays at a high level" that leads me to believe that motivation is at the very least a concern.  That is not good.
Lack of motivation has ruined many once-promising futures.

Turn the page.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 19, 2013, 07:22:46 AM

Bowers is the one guy they have played extensively , and he sucks ass.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 19, 2013, 07:23:25 AM

Yep...**CENSORED** it guys, it's been two pre-season games, cut the entire defensive line.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 19, 2013, 07:27:35 AM

Yep...**CENSORED** it guys, it's been two pre-season games, cut the entire defensive line.

Not saying they should cut him but perhaps he may not be the "next best thing" that we were all hoping for.

Sure he has been injured but there seems to be questions about his motivation and focus.

Coach wants him to be a full-time DE but has called him out for only being a situational guy thus far.

Turn the page.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 19, 2013, 08:23:41 AM

This is what happens when you hand a guy a starting job when he hasn't earned it.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 19, 2013, 08:29:17 AM

This is what happens when you hand a guy a starting job when he hasn't earned it.
They didnt hand him anything.. He's competing to be starter. Schiano said the only two starters on the DLine is McCoy and AC.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 19, 2013, 08:34:59 AM

They didnt hand him anything.. He's competing to be starter. Schiano said the only two starters on the DLine is McCoy and AC.

He's been referred to as the starting LDE all off season. I was glad to see Schiano make that comment last week, but it's a little late. Our offseason moves spoke loud and clear.

Draft Aaron Donald

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 19, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

He's been referred to as the starting LDE all off season. I was glad to see Schiano make that comment last week, but it's a little late. Our offseason moves spoke loud and clear.
I would say they projected him to be the starter but you're right that moves spoke loud and clear. I don't think Bowers problems is that he can't do the job, he needs to get in to playing every down football shape. I think that by week one Bowers is going to be fine.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 19, 2013, 09:48:38 AM

http://xn--80aqafcrtq.cc/img/2/1/3/213915.jpg

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 19, 2013, 09:55:36 AM

Getting rid of Bowers isn't going to help the problem at Defensive End.  The team screwed up months ago regarding the DE position.  They'll have to sleep in the bed they made.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could the Bucs be thinking about moving on from Bowers.......already?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools