Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Lack of Pass Rush......Is it Lack of Talent, or Coaching ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#45 : August 20, 2013, 06:27:04 PM

I'd add that although Bennett was consistent - he'd hit his ceiling.

Bowers gets his shot to develop into an every down player.   Football shape for a 285 person coming off injury takes a while.

If he hasn't started flashing the week after the bye (6) , then maybe I'll be concerned.

Too soon.

It is very likely that he has infact reached his ceiling, but that was no reason to let him go. Bowers could still develop, if he is indeed going to, with Bennett on the roster. I would feel alot more confortable about this team with Bennett as the 3rd DE and moving inside on passing downs. No matter how you try to spin it, letting him walk was not the best of moves.

No spin involved.   For people who don't know anything about what really happened, logic and reasoning are the only things going.

Do you really think it was borne from incredibly bad judgement?    Even less likely than Java being in charge. 

Most likely,  we will never know and that is now water under the bridge.   

Moving on.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 20, 2013, 08:25:31 PM

The stunts also throw off rush lanes, even when they are semi-successful. Instead of a collapsing pocket, we actually make it that much larder and give the QB more throwing windows.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 20, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

Bowers gets his shot to develop into an every down player.   Football shape for a 285 person coming off injury takes a while.

If he hasn't started flashing the week after the bye (6) , then maybe I'll be concerned.

Too soon.

That is great and all.  But what the hell has he been doing all offseason?  Gerald came into camp looking good, loss a few pounds, great shape.   And all Bowers could manage in the entire offseason was get arrested for packing heat.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#48 : August 20, 2013, 09:15:01 PM

You are comparing McCoy to Bowers.  Absolutely different level athletes.

If every one worked like McCoy, we'd be perrenial contenders.    Unfortunately, no team gets that lucky.

Schiano expects positive improvement and is apparently getting it from Bowers.  Let it play out.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 20, 2013, 09:27:10 PM

You are comparing McCoy to Bowers.  Absolutely different level athletes.

If every one worked like McCoy, we'd be perrenial contenders.    Unfortunately, no team gets that lucky.

Schiano expects positive improvement and is apparently getting it from Bowers.  Let it play out.

That still doesn't excuse showing up out of shape. These guys are professional athletes. They should be working out all offseason.  He has been healthy all off season.  WTH has been doing?  He knew whats up..  He knew Bennett was gone, He knew Schiano and Dom were saying the he was going to be the man now.  I would think with all that going down, the guy would rise to the occasion and show up in the best shape of his life.   

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#50 : August 20, 2013, 09:30:20 PM

Not making excuses for him.  Dude gets paid...

(I wish I had his problems.)

BucsSavant

Starter

#51 : August 20, 2013, 10:05:27 PM

Too soon.

It is very likely that he has infact reached his ceiling, but that was no reason to let him go. Bowers could still develop, if he is indeed going to, with Bennett on the roster. I would feel alot more confortable about this team with Bennett as the 3rd DE and moving inside on passing downs. No matter how you try to spin it, letting him walk was not the best of moves.

No spin involved.   For people who don't know anything about what really happened, logic and reasoning are the only things going.

Do you really think it was borne from incredibly bad judgement?    Even less likely than Java being in charge. 

Most likely,  we will never know and that is now water under the bridge.   

Moving on.

Very true, we don't know what extenuating circumstances factored into the decision to let him walk. However, using reason and logic, I say it is safe to say that if the bucs think they have sufficient talent/DEPTH across the DL.......Then that is bad judgement. Maybe they know something we don't about the current cast of lineman they have, lets hope so......

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Lack of Pass Rush......Is it Lack of Talent, or Coaching ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools