Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nicks suffers setback due to blister.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

usmc-buc

Pro Bowler
#30 : August 19, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

Very Worried about this, Maybe Camri will be ready to play some guard, DJ on the left though?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 19, 2013, 02:16:21 PM

FRG, c'mon - I'm hoping this is pure sarcasm.  You are basing dog-house status entirely on the events you were aware about - missing OTAs or voluntaries. I think we all know a lot more was going on with Price, Winslow, and Blount behind the scenes, and we even got snippets of those events from the press (Price's fight, Winslow's criticism of Schiano's camp)....

Demps is a total wild-card. He was basically traded to us in lieu of a ham-sandwich, and we made that move with eyes wide open about his availability. 

youngone

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 19, 2013, 02:18:39 PM

Interesting how last year the second Winslow, Jackson, Price, and Blount missed a voluntary OTA or needed to rest an injury, they were instantly in the doghouse or flat out gone. This year Demps is allowed to pursue his track career and Nicks, Joseph, and Revis can just lollygag around nursing their injuries and all is forgiven.

What a crock of shlt.
Lol

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 19, 2013, 02:25:38 PM

FRG, c'mon - I'm hoping this is pure sarcasm.  You are basing dog-house status entirely on the events you were aware about - missing OTAs or voluntaries. I think we all know a lot more was going on with Price, Winslow, and Blount behind the scenes, and we even got snippets of those events from the press (Price's fight, Winslow's criticism of Schiano's camp)....

Demps is a total wild-card. He was basically traded to us in lieu of a ham-sandwich, and we made that move with eyes wide open about his availability.
I'm being 75% sarcastic and 25% serious because we were told that availability to practice was huge for Schiano and it mattered to him that Winslow and Price were not healthy five months before the season started. They needed to be out there sweating with the practice squad. Winslow wasn't going to be eased through the pre-season to save him for the regular season like what Morris did.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 19, 2013, 02:40:32 PM

I'm being 75% sarcastic and 25% serious because we were told that availability to practice was huge for Schiano and it mattered to him that Winslow and Price were not healthy five months before the season started. They needed to be out there sweating with the practice squad. Winslow wasn't going to be eased through the pre-season to save him for the regular season like what Morris did.

Schiano learned the hardway that December is what matters the most in the NFL and if your team is spent by the time that month rolls around you might as well stick a fork in the team.  He had to adjust to the reality of the NFL that players need to be rested properly given it is a 16 regular season schedule and much more for post season play.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 19, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

Oh give me a break, ADW.

It's pretty simple - he's got injured players who he knows and trusts. They've bought in, they just aren't 100%.  There's nothing he "learned" about December. Please.

He didn't trust Winslow, Price, or Blount. It's that simple.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 19, 2013, 03:30:52 PM

You're being 100% axe grinding, attention seeking troll. Why not, it's Monday ...

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 19, 2013, 03:31:42 PM

Oh give me a break, ADW.

It's pretty simple - he's got injured players who he knows and trusts. They've bought in, they just aren't 100%.  There's nothing he "learned" about December. Please.

+1

Of course it is.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 19, 2013, 05:12:43 PM

Oh give me a break, ADW.

I guess we find out soon enough how much he trusts Stocker.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 19, 2013, 05:18:40 PM

He doesn't ADW. Why would they go out and sign crabtree if they did?

Mind you, he's not K2, so it's not like he'll demand to start, but his production has been a lot better than stockers, and that raises some eyebrows right away.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 19, 2013, 05:23:06 PM

True.

Schiano explicitly stated he has taken to heart veteran NFL player feedback and has loosened the reigns as a result this off season and it shows.  He has said he wants to let the vets to lead and make sure no one is slacking on the squad, so he is delegating this so Bucs leaders can lead and be examples for the young guys..

Snook

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 19, 2013, 06:26:29 PM

Nicks won't play in one game this season.  Write that down.

This is BULLSHIZ by the Bucs.  They know what's going on with his toe.  And they should've known back in March/April/May so we could've signed or drafted another LG.

Nicks got all his 2013 money at the end of last season in the form of a signing bonus to free up cap space for 2013.  He had no motivation to rehab it correctly.  He's garbage.  Send him back to New Orleans.

2 out of 3 garbage signings in 2012.  Not so good, Dom.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 19, 2013, 06:42:45 PM

What does an infected blister have to do with his plantar plate? I'm not seeing a connection.

Infection would spread and he could lose his toe. Nicks is done.

Yeah it could, if antibiotics weren't evented yet...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#43 : August 19, 2013, 07:29:21 PM

WOW....Not looking good for our bucs....

Damn it

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 19, 2013, 09:01:18 PM

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that Bucs LG Carl Nicks (toe infection) "could miss about a month, based on what I'm being told."
Nicks is dealing with an "infected blister" on the same toe that he injured midyear last season, costing Nicks the final nine games. The Bucs need to take their time in order to avoid future setbacks, so Nicks is looking highly doubtful for Week 1. If he misses a month from now, Nicks could still be back early in the season. Look for Ted Larsen to stand in at left guard.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: nicks suffers setback due to blister.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools