Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter. Vs. Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Goldson38

Rookie
: August 19, 2013, 04:12:18 PM

Pr which one is it??

Schiano press conference today

Carl [Carl Nicks], we had a setback with Carl, Bucs head coach Greg Schiano said. He did a great job up there against New England. He practiced, almost I guess the entire practice against New England, developed a blister, which not on his toe area, but on a different part of his foot, and hence that blister got infected. Now, were treating it like we do everything, and take it very seriously. Its not something you mess around with, but its not your common injury, either.

Schefter today

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that Bucs LG Carl Nicks (toe infection) "could miss about a month, based on what I'm being told."
Nicks is dealing with an "infected blister" on the same toe that he injured midyear last season, costing Nicks the final nine games. The Bucs need to take their time in order to avoid future setbacks, so Nicks is looking highly doubtful for Week 1. If he misses a month from now, Nicks could still be back early in the season. Look for Ted Larsen to stand in at left guard.
Aug 19 - 3:29 PM

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 19, 2013, 04:26:54 PM

but its not your common injury, either.

Schefter's assumption sounds about right.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 19, 2013, 04:32:00 PM

Dominik: "I have a lot of confidence in Ted Larsen the player."

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#3 : August 19, 2013, 04:39:57 PM

Too bad he sucks as a Guard

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#4 : August 19, 2013, 04:59:45 PM

Too bad he sucks as a Guard

+1

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 19, 2013, 05:09:21 PM

IF he developed a blister, it's probably caused by placing weight on another part of the foot that isn't used to it.

Schiano states that it is not in the toe area, which suggests this alternative. My guess is on the inside foot, probably closer to the ball of his foot.

Many times when there is a big toe injury a player will push more weight on the inside sole/ball of the foot. There's really no other place to go if that toe is in pain.

Sounds really bad either way.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 19, 2013, 05:13:43 PM

3 weeks.....1 month (5 weeks)....it can go either way.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 19, 2013, 06:48:57 PM

I'm perfectly willing to buy him heavily cushioned and moisture wicking thorlo socks and ship them to onebuc for him

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 19, 2013, 06:52:28 PM

No matter way you spin it, it sucks that he has this injury after we gave him that huge deal. He is getting paid lots of money to sit around for the next few years. Hopefully he can heal up and be the guy we signed.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 19, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

IF he developed a blister, it's probably caused by placing weight on another part of the foot that isn't used to it.

Schiano states that it is not in the toe area, which suggests this alternative. My guess is on the inside foot, probably closer to the ball of his foot.

Many times when there is a big toe injury a player will push more weight on the inside sole/ball of the foot. There's really no other place to go if that toe is in pain.

This is what I'm thinking ...Blister came from over-compensating for the toe.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : August 19, 2013, 07:05:50 PM

If its an infected blister it should heal in 7-10 days. Just pray it doesn't get into the bone which would be 8-10 wks

midgetcoach

User is banned from postingMuted
Second String

#11 : August 19, 2013, 09:40:33 PM

This game is a grind.  There is hurt and injured.  Nicks is just hurt but this kid is a warrior.  He'll be on the field when it matters.

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 19, 2013, 10:55:26 PM

Larsen blows chunks.  How have we not found a better player in so long?? What happened to Jamon Meredith?  He's a beast.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : August 20, 2013, 02:20:26 AM

The big toe is on the inside.  You compensate by putting weight outside.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 20, 2013, 02:31:38 AM

Been there, thank gawd haven't had to take antibac's for infected blisters. Jesus Christ, does anyone pay attention to his feet before they got this fugging bad?  I could have and DID say as such. Getting a foot malady and moving on it tends to aggravate the gait and balance and thus...

Nicks is out for the time being. I think he plays, this season, however, the staff clearly needs to baby Carl Nicks like LGB in an effort to keep his feet clean and dry. Keep his footwear in check. Etc.

Shame, because he is a sun blotting colossus that has nary a peer when healthy. Well, the Saints have one and the Bears have a guy that is an up and comer for best guard in the universe, but Nicks is special when he is full tilt. He is The Fault Line. He makes the earth move.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schefter. Vs. Schiano « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools