Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano......I have never been around a guy better than {#5} handling the rush « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : August 20, 2013, 02:48:05 AM »

Enough work for Josh Freeman?

August, 19, 2013

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

TAMPA, Fla. --

Josh Freeman has played fewer preseason snaps than just about any other projected starting quarterback in the NFL so far.

Freeman has taken only 21 snaps. That ranks No. 29 in the league. But it’s important to note that Robert Griffin III, who ranks No. 32, has been idle and Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger, who ranks No. 30 with 19 snaps, won’t play his second preseason game until Monday night. That means San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick (16 snaps) is the only projected starting quarterback that has played two games and taken fewer snaps than Freeman.

In the preseason opener, Freeman got 13 snaps. On Friday night at New England, Freeman took only eight snaps. Coach Greg Schiano said part of the reason for Freeman’s short stint Friday was because he got a lot of reps in joint practices with the Patriots.

“It’s all by design,’’ Schiano said. “One of the advantages of working against New England was that I feel like he got three days worth of snaps against another team.

"I look at it as if he’s played two games: the New England practices and then the game.’’

Schiano said he doesn’t feel like Freeman needs more action to be ready to take hits in the regular season.

“If it were a different quarterback, I’d fell like, yeah, he needs to get hit,’’ Schiano said. “But I’ve never been around a guy that stands in there as well and moves up in the pocket and doesn’t let the rush get to him, I’ve never been around a guy better than [Freeman].’’

But Schiano said Freeman -- and the rest of the starters -- will play substantially more in Saturday’s preseason game at Miami.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
« #1 : August 20, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »

Freeman needs to do what he did best which is run the ball when needed. Don't try to sit in the pocket longer hoping a receiver will get open at the last second. That is how you take sacks. Throwing the ball away is important too.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : August 20, 2013, 03:09:52 AM »

I didn't know that about Colin.

If San Fran thinks it's OK not to play their QB until it really matters, maybe the rest of the NFL should follow suit. They have an excellent staff there.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #3 : August 20, 2013, 04:50:38 AM »

Bah!  What a bold faced lie. What is S?  An idiot?

Free was the worst when the pressure was in his face. I won't count Sanchez, because that guy isn't an NFL QB. He is a sham. Like BucsWTF.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #4 : August 20, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »

“If it were a different quarterback, I’d fell like, yeah, he needs to get hit,’’ Schiano said. “But I’ve never been around a guy that stands in there as well and moves up in the pocket and doesn’t let the rush get to him, I’ve never been around a guy better than [Freeman].’’

Well, Schiano has pretty much been at Rutgers his whole career, so this is probably true.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #5 : August 20, 2013, 07:53:08 AM »

Free was the worst when the pressure was in his face.

I will say that Freeman is a huge chick.   She's hard to tackle due to her size.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #6 : August 20, 2013, 07:58:16 AM »

From what we've seen of Glennon in college and in preseason so far, he's significantly better than Freeman at handling pressure so I don't know what Coach BS is talking about.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #7 : August 20, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »

Free was the worst when the pressure was in his face. I won't count Sanchez, because that guy isn't an NFL QB. He is a sham. Like BucsWTF.

Actually stats show the exact opposite, top7 against pressure, #29 without.
« : August 20, 2013, 08:08:33 AM QaZ »
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano......I have never been around a guy better than {#5} handling the rush « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools