Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How big is 2013? « previous next »
Page: 1

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

: August 20, 2013, 08:36:32 PM

This is just a message board with a bunch of differing opinions.  Some overly positive, some overly negative.  Some sick of losing.  Some eternal optimists.

But...the bottom line is that this is a huge, defining year in the direction of the franchise.  I've heard a million excuses for the last 4-5 seasons.  Frankly, I'm over it.  Either your front office can field a winner or not.  Blame the Glazers, blame MD, blame Gruden, blame Raheem, blame Josh...hell, blame whomever you want.  The bottom line is we have the fourth LONGEST playoff drought in the nfl.  Fourth.  Let that sink in for a moment.  32 teams. 4th worst(we are tied with the Jags..wtf...the f-ing Jags?)

The time is now and that will be MY personal theme all year.  No more excuses.  No more crying about Gruden's draft picks.  Dom is well into his tenure and frankly, he can't pick a linemen to save his career.  I'm tired of the crap excuses.  Win or get lost.

Playoffs or bust.  Go BUCS!!!!!!

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 20, 2013, 08:39:11 PM

I say we win the super bowl. I bet my boss 50 dollars that we make it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 20, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

Based on talent level this is still a team hovering around 7-9 wins.  A lot of talent has been added but a lot of talent may also be lost due to unforeseen circumstances.  Basically a core group from the drafted players has to solidify for this franchise to move forward. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 20, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

I don't play the blame game.

I absolutely agree this is a HUGE year,  in my mind only next season is bigger (possible ramifications of change and results of this season.)

B I G.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#4 : August 20, 2013, 09:11:59 PM

Huge year.

Time for Freeman to put it all together. Time for Schiano to show he can manage a game at the Pro level and fit his scheme to the players he has. Time for all the young talent and collection of Pro Bowlers to put it together and have a winning record. Anything less than 9 wins is a disappointment.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 20, 2013, 09:12:03 PM

Based on talent level this is still a team hovering around 7-9 wins.  A lot of talent has been added but a lot of talent may also be lost due to unforeseen circumstances.  Basically a core group from the drafted players has to solidify for this franchise to move forward.

Definitely have the talent to win the division imo. If we don't  win 10+ games big changes need to happen.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#6 : August 20, 2013, 09:19:49 PM

I don't have enough confidence in Schiano as a coach to make changes during the game to say this team is a division threat. Wildcard team quite possibly with 9-10 wins. Pass defense never adjusted the scheme in all of 2012, and the vanilla offensive play calling in the beginning of the season cost this team at least one game.

Schiano has just as much to prove as Freeman in my view. Lot of talent on this team, up to Schiano and his staff to put it all together.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 20, 2013, 09:25:07 PM

Will be interesting to see if he too can get it together.

Everything is a process...  no one escapes that...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 20, 2013, 09:30:31 PM

I don't have enough confidence in Schiano as a coach to make changes during the game to say this team is a division threat. Wildcard team quite possibly with 9-10 wins. Pass defense never adjusted the scheme in all of 2012, and the vanilla offensive play calling in the beginning of the season cost this team at least one game.

Schiano has just as much to prove as Freeman in my view. Lot of talent on this team, up to Schiano and his staff to put it all together.

There were several shots of Schiano during the Pats game where he looked completely overwhelmed and befuddled.  While his "attitude" change was needed, it is entirely possible his X's and O's are lacking.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 20, 2013, 09:33:57 PM

Perception.   

I'll go with results when they count to assess these guys.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#10 : August 20, 2013, 09:44:28 PM

Its this big!

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#11 : August 20, 2013, 10:26:10 PM

It better be huge. The Giants are awful this season, and the World Cup doesn't start until next year. I need something to hope for this year.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How big is 2013? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools