Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 21, 2013, 11:35:13 AM

Spence is going to register more sacks at some point in the season as well as McCoy.  Clayborn pushed the Falcons LT into Ryan's lap on three different occasions.  He too will get his sacks at some point but doesn't look like a double digit sack guy.  I want to see Gholston start at LDE full time or put Means out there to bring some speed to compliment Clayborn's power on the other side.

Red Alert

Rookie

#76 : October 21, 2013, 12:02:24 PM

Tell you what, if our sacks are coming from the LB's, then the opposing OC will just throw quick hits from the QB to where the LB's should've been. It's not hard to figure out for an offense. Hell, I figured it out.

We have to get sacks from or DL, not just "pressure the QB". What does that prove? I know our LB's are doing a good job, but they should be doing it where they should be, not pass-rushing because our DL needs help..

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#77 : October 21, 2013, 12:17:33 PM

Tell you what, if our sacks are coming from the LB's, then the opposing OC will just throw quick hits from the QB to where the LB's should've been. It's not hard to figure out for an offense. Hell, I figured it out.

We have to get sacks from or DL, not just "pressure the QB". What does that prove? I know our LB's are doing a good job, but they should be doing it where they should be, not pass-rushing because our DL needs help..
Been saying this for more than a hot minute, however, some seem to think that this is construed as "whining", because the LBers were collecting sacks early on.  The front four has to be able to generate pressure to at least make a QB move off his landmark, and the sacks are drive killers.  WE get neither, and thus the defense is getting exposed for what it is...weak.

Defensive ends, the lack thereof is startlingly bad.  But keep on thinking (not you RA), that everything is just fine with the front four.  Again, football acumen seems to be lacking from some trolls.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : October 21, 2013, 12:27:26 PM

Yeah, and those sacks coming from the back-seven have stopped.  With the DE's not producing the sacks they should be, the team is now tied for 25th sacks in the NFL.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#79 : October 21, 2013, 12:29:24 PM

Defense is sinking now.  Lets see if they can recover.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 21, 2013, 12:29:37 PM

I was crucified for saying sacks from the back 7 were unsustainable.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : October 21, 2013, 12:31:23 PM

Was that you in the boat with me?  I hear ya.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#82 : October 21, 2013, 12:31:36 PM

we just dumped a potential franchise qb for nothing, we are 0-4, there's talk of the coach losing the locker room, the O-line has struggled as has our running game and the entire offense in general, we are starting a rookie QB ... . .  questions about the play calling  but hey, why not . .  let's add in "the D-line sucks" . .  . especially while we're on track for 50+ sacks, 9th against the run, top half in interceptions

(last part . . . a joke . . . sort of . .  .)

How are those projections coming, Counselor?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 21, 2013, 12:32:45 PM

Is Bowers back yet?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 21, 2013, 12:33:20 PM

It was an anomaly and misleading indicator of how the rest of the season would unfold.  This is why the defensive ranking of the defense is coming back down to earth in terms of PPG surrendered, and yards per game.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#85 : October 21, 2013, 12:37:48 PM

Bennett   4.5 sacks
Selvie 4.5 sacks
Gilberry  3 sacks
Chris Jones  3.5 sacks

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#86 : October 21, 2013, 12:40:00 PM

we just dumped a potential franchise qb for nothing, we are 0-4, there's talk of the coach losing the locker room, the O-line has struggled as has our running game and the entire offense in general, we are starting a rookie QB ... . .  questions about the play calling  but hey, why not . .  let's add in "the D-line sucks" . .  . especially while we're on track for 50+ sacks, 9th against the run, top half in interceptions

(last part . . . a joke . . . sort of . .  .)

How are those projections coming, Counselor?
Hope he is a better lawyer than he is at watching ball.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#87 : October 21, 2013, 12:42:14 PM

Bennett   4.5 sacks
Selvie 4.5 sacks
Gilberry  3 sacks
Chris Jones  3.5 sacks

The only one I will hang onto Dominik is letting Bennett go.  Proven pass rushers are worth their weight in gold.  Period.

Red Alert

Rookie

#88 : October 21, 2013, 12:43:53 PM

We needed help in the secondary, and props to the GM or HC or whoever for doing that. But as far as I'm concered, we need pash rush more so than secondary.

I mean, the QB has the ball. so who are you gonna pressure, the receivers? You can't get coverage sack after coverage sack. That's not possible..

BTW, Boid. I knew you been saying it for awhile. I'm all with you there..
: October 21, 2013, 12:59:20 PM Red Alert

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#89 : October 21, 2013, 01:05:51 PM

We needed help in the secondary, and props to the GM or HC or whoever for doing that. But as far as I'm concered, we need pash rush more so than secondary.

I mean, the QB has the ball. so who are you gonna pressure, the receivers? You can't get coverage sack after coverage sack. That's not possible..

BTW, Boid. I knew you been saying it for awhile. I'm all with you there..
Exactly.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools