Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 UF Football « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
: September 08, 2013, 11:53:50 AM

you think brissett would be willing to burn his RS and come back?

3 years in and driskell still has no presence in the pocket.  ive seen a lot of fans calling for muschamps and pease's head.  i love muschamp though.  i think it is more of a driskel problem.  which stinks, because without brissett there is no where to turn.  OL was a little disappointing, but certainly did enough to get the win.

when the UF DB ran out of bounds after that last INT all the guys i was with knew we were in trouble.  we needed a defensive score to win the game.  and that is sad.  UF's D looks to be pretty dominant once again, which is nice.

stinks to have a loss to MIA, but UF could very easily run the SEC table and end up in the SECCG.  still a great season if possible.

scary thing is that UF's next QB savior coming in sounds a lot like driskel (and brantley).  all the tools in the world but has been beating up on patsys to pad his stats.  sure hope the new guy isnt paralyzed with pressure.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 11, 2013, 07:29:03 PM

I doubt they'll only have one loss if Driskell is the QB. He stinks... He plays like a mistake waiting to happen.

Which of the other big boys in the SEC do they play this year?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 11, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

Youngone : LSU , Georgia , South Carolina

Gametime: Driskel can not sense anyone coming from his blind side ...teams know this and bring a lot of blindside blitzes . It's been working. Dude needs to work on his internal clock , if no one is open early use that mobility and just run . His accuracy has been pretty good this year , but nothing but trouble happens for him when he holds the ball too long. He either forces the ball into traffic late or gets sacked from behind and  fumbles.

If he fixes this one part of his game we will when a ton of games because the defense is still sick.
: September 11, 2013, 07:57:22 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 11, 2013, 09:09:34 PM

Y'all won't beat LSU and UGA... South Carolina maybe

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 11, 2013, 09:15:58 PM

With our defense we can be in every game as long as we don't turn the ball over.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 17, 2013, 02:13:09 AM

Yup

The quest for .500 begins...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 22, 2013, 10:17:49 AM

May be a blessing in disguise that Driskel is out for the year.

Tyler Murphy looks decent .

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 22, 2013, 11:00:39 AM

was just going to post the exact same thing.  now murphy definitely had some high school mistakes.  i question his arm strength and accuracy.  but if he doesnt turn the ball over...UF could be the team we thought they should be.  our OL is still underperforming, and i would like to see some kelvin taylor with our other RB's looking less than stellar.  but with our D  all we need is a competent offense.

back to murphy, he just looks much more composed than driskel.  pressure didnt seem to rattle him.  i wasnt able to see the 4th qtr though.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 22, 2013, 04:58:09 PM

UF is on its way back .... here are some recent comments from the UF fan base...  It almost seems like they didn't like Driskel?

"His QBR of 98.1 is currently #2 in the entire country. Amazing really. And he did it behind an oline that was a mash unit and a three registered drops. Very excited to see us at UK."

"Murphy seems to have had a level of comfort out there that we haven't seen since Tebow left. "

"We've found a QB boys."

"Now that is how an athletic QB should use his talents. I'll repeat...we have our QB."

"So.....now the question becomes, how did Murphy NOT win the starting job?"

"And it is WAY too early to declare Tyler to be as much of a gamer as Danny. But Murphy did seem to have that "it" factor in them game yesterday."

"Will he be a Heisman candidate next year?"

"Tyler Murphy... A star is born!"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 22, 2013, 05:14:15 PM

Nutty McNutterson still going...

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 23, 2013, 06:32:32 PM

My post game thoughts from Scout.com Gator board

---------------------------------------------
--- bullg8rdaddy wrote:

Folks, I really think this kid is exactly what this staff and team needs.

You know I'm not a big X's and O's guy, but I think this kid has IT.

I saw him have great pocket awareness. I saw him take off when he felt pressure. I saw him keep his eyes downfield when he left the pocket. I saw him not turn the ball over. (Eff uuu, that shotgun snap was all on Harrison). I saw him throw lasers out there.

That bomb to Q was beautiful. The frozen rope to Q in the middle of the field was sweet.

He almost had another nice gain if Patton would've caught that pass along the Tennessee sideline. That pass probably could've been higher, Idk.

I saw Coach Pease get creative with Murphy in there. Loved that double reverse with Trey in the wildcat. Finally some positive yardage from that formation this year.

As an aside and completely unrelated to young Tyler. I saw Poole get suspended, Purifoy get a helmet to the thigh (BTW, the kid that did that should have been suspendedike Poole), Roberson not dress, Watkins and Riggs look ordinary in coverage, and VH3 get pushed down by his helmet when he would have surely gotten and INT while covering Marquez North. LOL (Have fun losing to.us every year, Marquez....you too Curt Maggitt). If I have this correct that means we will lose Poole for the first half against UK. No biggie, imo. I think we get ROBO (I think he's better CB than LP) and LP back, and still have VH3. We'll manage.

Another thing regarding our DBs, please start Maye and Gorman from here on out.

It sucks for Jeff to have his season ended like it did, but I think this is a blessing in disguise. He can reevaluate himself. Find out how much he really loves being QB1 at UF. See Murphy and how this offense can be run by a QB who seems to have great a feel for the game. Maybe pick up some good habits. Maybe rededicate himself to the craft. If not, and this is pure speculation, he could give baseball a try. Before anyone becomes Jeff's knight in shining armor.... I appreciate what he has done for the school, I really do. BUT he did have a top 5 defense with multiple current and future NFL'ers on it last year. And I know this is only one game against what some would say is a poor defense....BUT, Jeff went up against this same defense and threw a pick six. (The hit in his ankle seemed like it was after the ball had left his hand) You van talk about Jeff without calling him names or trashing him and still praise Murphy. Lastly, please don't try to.compare what Jeff has done so far this year to what Tyler did vs. UTenn. Jeff is a returning starter who benefited (?) from getting the majority of the reps all of last year, this spring and fall. Tyler went in cold and did great. Get well soon, Jeff.

I'm giddy that we have a QB who seems to be more aware out there. Less nervous. I think we can go undefeated the rest of the way. Our defense is ridiculous.

---------------------------------------------

The quest for .500 begins...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 29, 2013, 08:15:01 AM

It's official .

Tyler Murphy is better than Driskel.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 29, 2013, 09:41:19 PM

Awfully quiet here

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AM

im holding out hope for 2015.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 30, 2013, 12:14:27 PM

Shlt happens....

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 UF Football « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools