Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bryan Cox ......"One play don't make you. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 09, 2013, 04:07:05 PM

That play should be a career definer for him, much like Tim Wansley. I will find it very hard to cheer for him for a good long time.

Seriously?  One play defines a career?  I find it very hard to take your posts seriously...for a good long time.

Ya he made a mistake, and all you have to do is hear his comments after the game, to know how he felt. He was devastated.  Hopefully he doesn't carry it around with him too long.

Agreed, he made a big mistake.  It happens.  But this was far from a "Buckner" moment.  It was WEEK ONE!!!  Not sure how anyone would find it hard to cheer for this kid.  I would rather have someone on the team who gets emotional when he screws up.  That means he plays with passion.  In a league full of players who only care about $$$ I am proud to have someone who plays with passion...and is pretty good to boot!

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 09, 2013, 04:09:20 PM

At least it wasn't the worse play of the week, I think Suh takes that "honor".

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 09, 2013, 04:11:52 PM

Err... Darius Reynaud grabbed the football from a field of play, pulled it into the endzone, and knelt unmolested to earn the opposition a safety.

That's uh... yeah.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 09, 2013, 04:33:19 PM

There is actually a picture of the when David initiated contact with Geno.  The picture shows that Geno (both feet) were still in bounds.  BUT the rule says that if the player looks like he's going out of bounds (and is that close) you cannot tackle, push etc. that player.  Stupid rule, but the rule nonetheless.

As Cox said, "One play don't make you."

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 09, 2013, 04:44:10 PM

Err... Darius Reynaud grabbed the football from a field of play, pulled it into the endzone, and knelt unmolested to earn the opposition a safety.

That's uh... yeah.

Ya that one was pretty bad. Suh took out a guy with a dirty block, far from the where the play was happening.  I think his reputation added to the outrage.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 09, 2013, 05:26:41 PM

Frame by frame of the play...

http://s22.photobucket.com/user/mdbrim2004/media/NFL/evenmoreclearlol_zps86776965.png.html

PewterBlitz

Starter

#21 : September 09, 2013, 05:35:02 PM

Lets not forget the Denver v Ravens game for Bone head play of the year. Luckily for Denver they had a good lead or we would be hearing about that for the next 10 years.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 09, 2013, 05:40:24 PM

Lets not forget the Denver v Ravens game for Bone head play of the year. Luckily for Denver they had a good lead or we would be hearing about that for the next 10 years.

Was that the guy spiking it before he was even in the end zone?   Seems like a long time ago after Sundays games.

BucsSavant

Starter

#23 : September 09, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

I'm not concerned about it. After the play is over, you can tell he knows that he screwed up, you could see the emotion. The problem I have with this team is the lack of emotion. I feel like a lot of players are there collecting paychecks, but I don't feel that way about Lavonte.

+1. Lavonte David is the least of this teams worries

BucsSavant

Starter

#24 : September 09, 2013, 05:53:53 PM

On a side note, it is mystifying to me that fenelly still has a job. Painful to read. What a scrub.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 09, 2013, 06:12:06 PM

On a side note, it is mystifying to me that fenelly still has a job. Painful to read. What a scrub.

Good writer.

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 09, 2013, 06:19:34 PM

Good writer.

Fundamentally, when we're talking about mastery over the language, Fennelly's the best writer in the Tampa Bay market.  If he wanted to, he could pump out the robot journalism like the other writers out here.  But on the flip side, but I don't think there's a single columnist in Tampa that can replicate the style or pathos of his work.  But, just like Bill Simmons, I'm sure his voice rubs people the wrong way sometimes.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 09, 2013, 06:22:19 PM

Good writer.

Fundamentally, when we're talking about mastery over the language, Fennelly's the best writer in the Tampa Bay market.  If he wanted to, he could pump out the robot journalism like the other writers out here.  But on the flip side, but I don't think there's a single columnist in Tampa that can replicate the style or pathos of his work.  But, just like Bill Simmons, I'm sure his voice rubs people the wrong way sometimes.

I like his stuff.  He may be a bit quirky at times, but you can feel the emotion in this one about LaVonte.

BucsSavant

Starter

#28 : September 10, 2013, 05:02:48 PM

He smears it on way too thick. Every article.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 10, 2013, 09:54:18 PM

He smears it on way too thick. Every article.

As Blaze pointed out, the dude keeps it real. The other writers, who shall remain unnamed, could be computer generated programs for all we know.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bryan Cox ......"One play don't make you. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools