Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #60 : September 12, 2013, 09:55:11 AM »

I doubt they quit. But they might start freelancing more in an effort to change what they feel is busted. In the end though, it is bad scene for everyone.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #61 : September 12, 2013, 10:00:45 AM »

Boid Fink:
 "I doubt they quit."

Why wouldn't they quit? The head coach lied to them and rigged the vote. Just last night you assured us this was true. Said you knew football. Remember?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #62 : September 12, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »

I doubt they quit. But they might start freelancing more in an effort to change what they feel is busted. In the end though, it is bad scene for everyone.

I have no idea if they will or won't... I'm just saying that's what I hope happens.  We thought the Bucs would be better than the Eagles, Jets, Carolina, Arizona, Buffalo, Miami, St. Louis and the Jets.  That's about 6 or 7 wins we thought we'd get.  Split with the Aints and Falcons, that's about 9 wins with a chance to get 10 or 11 with a win or 2  against New England, Seattle, or San Fran.    After seeing what happened on Sunday, this team is going to struggle to win games this year.  After seeing what happened Sunday across the league, I think the Bucs will be an underdog in each of their next 15 games.  Not only did they look like crap on the field, there's now more off the field.  I think there's a legit chance that this team only wins 1 or 2 games.  Ha, they might not even have to quit on Schiano.  Just Schiano and Freeman to keep doing things the way they are.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #63 : September 12, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »

Some guys won't let it happen methinks.

Goldson screams right away.

They will " quit ", in that sense. The scheme will turn even more cafused.

Keep instigating Von Illumiturd.

Nobody cares what you post because it is inflammatory 24-7. Must be a greasy loser methinks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #64 : September 12, 2013, 10:11:57 AM »

I guess we just need to talk about something, and the hot topic is Freeman, I just don't understand why so many people hate freeman, we are 0-1, but so are 16 other teams, yes we lost to the Jets, mind you we are talking about a good Def team. To me the reason why was because of not being prepared as a TEAM. Pitt lost to the titans, I don't see the ** Cut Big Ben ** news, Eli through 3 picks, I don't see the **cut Eli** news paper articles. Lets get play the season out and see what happens, it's not like we got a choice.. AS LONG AS FREEMAN IS A BUC, I WILL SUPPORT HIM!!!!!

1st: The two QBs you mentioned have been to 5 combined Super Bowls and have won 4 of them. Sure they didn't win them single-handedly, but they certainly weren't "carried" by their teams. They definitely contributed, especially in both their 2nd SB runs.

2nd: Freeman is the hot topic because of his erratic play since the 2010 season.

3rd: There are very very few who place sole blame on Freeman for losses, but there are plenty who feel that he is certainly not blameless.

4th: Most here are down to see how it plays out, and also realize that it's in the Bucs best interest that Freeman pans out. The problem is that Freeman's overall play has not led many of these fans to be very confident that he will actually pan out as a solid QB...a QB who does not have to rely on late game desperate pass attempts because of his inept play through much of the first 3 quarters.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #65 : September 12, 2013, 10:14:29 AM »

I don’t think there’s a team in the NFL that needs a win in Week 2 more than the Bucs do.

I gotta say though, I’m struggling with deciding if this is “Overeaction Week” after week 1 or if there’s fire in that thar smoke.

Freeman’s behavior is extremely odd. Not showing up to his passing camp. Not showing up for the team photo. Seeming ill prepared for the game on Sunday. Complaining to Steve Duemig about working on his day off.

Maybe the team hasn’t checked out on the coach but the starting quarterback has….and if that’s the case, he should no longer be starting quarterback.

God, they need a win.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #66 : September 12, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

Work?

These dudes play. 24-7.

It's a kids game. Total fun if you love football.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #67 : September 12, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »

Wait, link to him complaining about working on his day off, please?

The quest for .500 begins...

jhop88

Hall of Famer

« #68 : September 12, 2013, 12:32:22 PM »

I guess we just need to talk about something, and the hot topic is Freeman, I just don't understand why so many people hate freeman, we are 0-1, but so are 16 other teams, yes we lost to the Jets, mind you we are talking about a good Def team. To me the reason why was because of not being prepared as a TEAM. Pitt lost to the titans, I don't see the ** Cut Big Ben ** news, Eli through 3 picks, I don't see the **cut Eli** news paper articles. Lets get play the season out and see what happens, it's not like we got a choice.. AS LONG AS FREEMAN IS A BUC, I WILL SUPPORT HIM!!!!!

So much fail in this post not sure where to start.

The "Freeman hate" didn't start on Sunday at 4:15pm.

Ben and Eli both have 2 SBs...meanwhile, Josh doesn't even have a playoff start.

And to support someone just because they're a BUC is foolish. You probably supported Trueblood too huh?

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #69 : September 12, 2013, 12:34:27 PM »

I've never seen a meltdown of a team so quickly. If the Freeman stuff is true and he has a drug problem as Shaun King suggested he needs to go, Schiano needs to go with him imo but thats another topic. And I am a Freeman believer.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #70 : September 12, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »

Freeman hate began the day he was drafted - I didn't like/hated the pick.  That said he is a buccaneer and a lot of folks have invented issues - that part i don't agree with.

Ben and Eli over the hill?  How about Flacco - a one hit wonder?  This is a 'what have you done lately' league

And I support buccaneer football players right up until I can't.  Freeman is far from the worst qb I have seen play for the bucs.

Raheem wasn't far from the worst buccaneer HC I have seen, and the jury is out on the current HC. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #71 : September 12, 2013, 12:43:27 PM »

Freeman hate began the day he was drafted - I didn't like/hated the pick.  That said he is a buccaneer and a lot of folks have invented issues - that part i don't agree with.

Ben and Eli over the hill?  How about Flacco - a one hit wonder?  This is a 'what have you done lately' league

And I support buccaneer football players right up until I can't.  Freeman is far from the worst qb I have seen play for the bucs.

Raheem wasn't far from the worst buccaneer HC I have seen, and the jury is out on the current HC.

It's that instant gratification society we live in. If Freeman turns it around and plays like he's capable you won't see any complaints from anybody. If he continues the inconsistency you will continue to see the complaints. Then you will see complaints if the next guy doesn't play like Russell Wilson or the next big thing.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #72 : September 12, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »

@JoeBucsFan oh, and remember JF5s comment on the radio this summer? "I'd be content if the Bucs didn't keep me". That seems important now.

EDIT: Context supplied by dbucfan

"Well, Ron Diaz and Ian Beckles on their daily talk radio show on WDAE succeeded yesterday while talking to Josh Freeman. Freeman said, ““If I give it the best I’ve got and the Buccaneers say ‘Ah, we don’t think he can play for us,’ at the end of the year and every other team in the NFL does and I end up wherever I end up doing whatever, I’ll be content because I’ll know I gave it the best I had.”
« : September 12, 2013, 12:59:03 PM MUSCLE_HAMSTER »

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #73 : September 12, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »

Wait, link to him complaining about working on his day off, please?

It was obviously on "The Big Dog's" radio show.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #74 : September 12, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »

@JoeBucsFan oh, and remember JF5s comment on the radio this summer? "I'd be content if the Bucs didn't keep me". That seems important now.
Context kind of changes the view of that one - let's be fair - he is having enough issues without folks making it worse - even if unintentional

Well, Ron Diaz and Ian Beckles on their daily talk radio show on WDAE succeeded yesterday while talking to Josh Freeman. Freeman said, ““If I give it the best I’ve got and the Buccaneers say ‘Ah, we don’t think he can play for us,’ at the end of the year and every other team in the NFL does and I end up wherever I end up doing whatever, I’ll be content because I’ll know I gave it the best I had.”

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools