Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 11, 2013, 11:48:26 PM

What would be worse

going 10-6 with Freeman?

or

going 6-10 with Glennon?

Going 6-10 with Freeman.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 11, 2013, 11:48:40 PM

Nah. Now is as good as any time to root for the starting QB of my favorite team. What else you gonna do?  Root against him?
Got enough guys rooting against him every day.  That bus is full .

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 11, 2013, 11:49:19 PM

That's on them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 11, 2013, 11:51:52 PM

That's what I'm saying.  I am not protective of Freeman, didn't like the pick, don't enjoy watching him play.  But let's all take the high road and acknowledge if his qb rating was in the 90s none of this stuff is an issue.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 11, 2013, 11:56:20 PM

True.

But we would probably still be bashing S though...

So reality dictates this situation we are witnessing now. Drama!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 11, 2013, 11:56:53 PM

Or if he didn't have the issues his qb rating would be in the 90s?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 11, 2013, 11:58:47 PM

He has had games that were excellent.

Not lately. But the promise is there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 12, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

True.

But we would probably still be bashing S though...

So reality dictates this situation we are witnessing now. Drama!
Or complaining about the lack of a TE, and a Oline that could effectively block... along with some other stuff.  Like having a FB ready to play in the opener.  Or recognizing 8 in the box and using the slants that were working... just stuff that pops into my mind as the blame is dropped on a tardy slip, and a missed photo op

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 12, 2013, 01:01:12 AM

After all those allegations about him smoking weed and being a general a-hole....look at that he is....

Good riddance. Been a Freeman Hater Since DAY FREAKING ONE. GOOD BYE FREETURD.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 12, 2013, 01:05:59 AM

After all those allegations about him smoking weed and being a general a-hole....look at that he is....

Good riddance. Been a Freeman Hater Since DAY FREAKING ONE. GOOD BYE FREETURD.
Having met him a more than a couple of occasions, if he is an a-hole he hides it very well.  You have a link about him smoking weed - bc that is pretty hard to get by with the regular testing program.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 12, 2013, 01:15:07 AM

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

Re: Can't wait to read what the FREEpologists have to say about this.....
#139 : Today at 01:08:45 AM    
They can sugarcoat it all they want, but it's evident the Bucs don't like Freeman as much as they might say.

I don't get it.

For months, we've been hearing talk from those around the Bucs organization, and some inside, who say there is friction between coach Greg Schiano and Freeman. The word is Schiano doesn't think Freeman has enough fire in the belly, that he isn't his type of quarterback.

"What does that even mean?" one NFC personnel director said. "What does he want from the guy?"

Freeman is a gym rat. He loves the game. He is one of the first in the facility and one of the last to leave. That is something nobody in the organization can deny. The kid loves football.

But he does it in his own style, which might not be the way Schiano wants it.

Schiano is fire and bravado.

Freeman is more easygoing than that.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22183311/bucs-showing-mysterious-lack-of-faith-in-their-qb-josh-freeman
May 2, 2013

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 12, 2013, 01:23:59 AM

I was watching guys like Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Aaron Rodgers, and a few others this past weekend.

I caught myself feeling jealous about how they could consistently deliver a tight spiral to a WR in stride.

Freeman occasionally does that...seems like rarely in his past 5 games.

Also

My stomach drops every time Freeman drops back in a high pressure situation because I'm concerned he is going to throw a pick.

I can't be the only one that feels that way?

Tobias Funke

Starter
#27 : September 12, 2013, 01:32:53 AM

The season is so young, and it seems to already be falling apart. How tragic.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 12, 2013, 01:33:31 AM

Some forget that.

BTW, dbuc, it's not THAT rare that we agree on something football related. Non-football subjects are another story!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 12, 2013, 01:49:39 AM

It is definitely there. This guy has made plays that I've never seen anyone else in a buccaneers uniform make. He has the talent and the drive. What he doesn't have is a coaching staff in his corner.

I would almost like to see him leave and watch the hilarity that ensues watching the reaction of all of his haters as Mike Glennon running Schiano's vanilla offense behind that crappy o-line is all we have left. Almost, but I love this team to much to want to see that happen.

Fire Schiano, promote Wanstedt. IMO, that's the only thing that saves this season.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools