Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 12, 2013, 03:41:06 AM

I was watching guys like Mike Vick, Colin Kapernick, Aaron Rodgers, and a few others this past weekend.

I caught myself feeling jealous about how they could consistently deliver a tight spiral to a WR in stride.

Freeman occasionally does that...seems like rarely in his past 5 games.

Also

My stomach drops every time Freeman drops back in a high pressure situation because I'm concerned he is going to throw a pick.

I can't be the only one that feels that way?
I'm the same way but even without pressure. He only looks at one target and throws it to that spot. Or even if he has all day to throw he will still take a sack or throw the ball into the dirt.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 12, 2013, 06:03:29 AM

Freeman has the personality to be likeable? What? I think what most fans are most fed up with is his IDGAF personality... at least on the football field.

As a coach myself, an offensive coordinator and QB coach... My guys have made their mistakes in games over the years and it drives me absolutely crazy.  But they don't play like Josh Freeman does. Lost and confused... a rookie for life. If I were an incoming coach and I had an opportunity to coach a team with Josh Freeman as my QB and I had watched his film... I would seriously have to consider turning down the job, or at the very least, be guaranteed I'd have a shot at another QB.

I don't know much about Sullivan or Schiano and how they really feel about Free... but I cannot imagine they are enjoying life with this guy as their QB. Just speaking as a coach right now. I know I would lose my mind with that guy running my offense.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 12, 2013, 06:13:52 AM

Put a forking fork in Freeman he is done as a Buccaneer. This article has made things crystal clear. Freeman went from being a dependable team player to being an enigma since Schiano has been here. I guess this is what Schiano wants. He wants his own QB.

I don't blame Freeman at all. I would be on the first train the frack outta here too. He went from being the franchise QB after 2010 to being unwanted by the head coach. The organization didn't have his back because they love Schiano. They just hired this guy and he came highly recommended by Bellicheat. They think he is going to be a good NFL head coach so they want to keep him. Under this scenario they go along with the coach.

But it's a freaking soap opera. It's completely falling apart right now. We need a reality check. The coaches can't seem to get the players ready to ball. Counting last year we are on a 1-6 run and lost 41-0 to the Saints and just lost to the Jets rookie QB. If the defense could have stopped the rookie with 30 seconds left on the clock Freeman would have had a comeback win. The difference between a sucky QB and a winner is paper thin sometimes. As a Buccaneer fan that defensive meltdown was inexcusable.

And to add to the confusion the freaking Glazers hired Schiano. WTF is Dominik going to do? He's stuck in the middle of two stinking turds and I don't think he has a say in any of this. How can Dominik fix this problem if he doesn't hire and fire? So we are stuck with the procrastinating doofus Glazers who will realize Schiano isn't the guy next March and can him then after all the rest of the NFL has already snapped up all the best assistant coaches.

Life Bucs and then you die.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 12, 2013, 07:17:46 AM

Nah. Now is as good as any time to root for the starting QB of my favorite team. What else you gonna do?  Root against him?

How about root for the rest of the team ?  Instead of throw the rest of the team under the bus to try and defend a bum ....that's basically what you've been doing.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 12, 2013, 07:35:26 AM

Nah. Now is as good as any time to root for the starting QB of my favorite team. What else you gonna do?  Root against him?

Nice perspective Boid. Let's go Freeman and let's go bucs. Throwing TDs and winning cures all that ails.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#35 : September 12, 2013, 07:48:07 AM

How about root for the rest of the team ?  Instead of throw the rest of the team under the bus to try and defend a bum ....that's basically what you've been doing.

Rooting for the team to win WITH Freeman is throwing the rest under the bus? How is this?

How do you root for the rest of the team BUT not for the bum anyway? Hoping for them looking good enough, but not too good, so the bum does not look good at all? For instance rooting against the team to win WITH him at all? But how often did we win without him? How often did we win DESPITE him?

Seriously how do you root for the rest of the team but not the QB?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 12, 2013, 07:49:22 AM

The thing that kills me is this doesn't happen. Cripes, seriously guys don't have great second years and then get cut 2 years later. QB's usually are who they are by year 2 and then maintain a pretty similar level of performance for the rest of their career. After 2010 I was confident that we'd found "the guy" but everything (overall) since then has been ugly. People keep saying personal issues but there is nothing credible on a substance abuse problem so I have no reason to buy that.

I mean this isn't as off the wall as the collapse of MC80 but it ranks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 12, 2013, 07:52:38 AM

Freeman has the personality to be likeable? What? I think what most fans are most fed up with is his IDGAF personality... at least on the football field.

As a coach myself, an offensive coordinator and QB coach... My guys have made their mistakes in games over the years and it drives me absolutely crazy.  But they don't play like Josh Freeman does. Lost and confused... a rookie for life. If I were an incoming coach and I had an opportunity to coach a team with Josh Freeman as my QB and I had watched his film... I would seriously have to consider turning down the job, or at the very least, be guaranteed I'd have a shot at another QB.

I don't know much about Sullivan or Schiano and how they really feel about Free... but I cannot imagine they are enjoying life with this guy as their QB. Just speaking as a coach right now. I know I would lose my mind with that guy running my offense.

Have you ever hung out with Josh, one-on-one, or in a small setting? Ask the Insiders who came to our Draft party. Not one single person said anything negative. Came (late) but stayed well past the required time. Signed everything asked and took 100 photos. Then had a burger and beer with the owners. No, he doesn't have the charisma of a politician, but no one I know came away anything other than impressed with Josh.

But yeah the laid-back stuff on the field is frustrating at times. But that isn't the worst thing ever. Eli Manning has the personality of flat white paint drying on a concrete wall.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 12, 2013, 07:53:09 AM

Rooting for the team to win WITH Freeman is throwing the rest under the bus? How is this?

Have you been reading  Boid's posts ?? Apparently not .... he's basically been saying the team is worthless top to bottom , and that is why Freeman looks bad.  Not because Freeman is being Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#39 : September 12, 2013, 08:06:51 AM

Have you been reading  Boid's posts ?? Apparently not .... he's basically been saying the team is worthless top to bottom , and that is why Freeman looks bad.  Not because Freeman is being Freeman.

Nope, thats not what i read out of his posts. He does not seem him exculde Freeman from the rest of the  team...'worthless top to bottom' applies to Freeman aswell. If any other unit of the team sucks it needs to be replaced ...just as Freeman( should he suck). I do not see him trying to treat Freeman any differently than anyone else on the team.

Maybe semantics, maybe just my understanding or opinion ...and you are allowed to have yours, lol

But IF you are rooting for the rest of the team but not him  then im really curious how this works...celebrate sacks? Only happy about TD pass that were poorly thrown?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 12, 2013, 08:18:03 AM

QaZ gets it.

I have bashed when apropos.

Monday was bad. I saw a bad Oline, bad coaching, a dumb play by our stud LB, and QB that was trying to run a chaotic offense. That safety wasnt on him. That was a mistake. By the entire team. The whole deal. Coach. Lineman. QB.

Go Bucs!

I haven't said FreeLove was a beast against the jets. I said he had a bad, rough game.

I didn't throw the entire team underfoot. That is drama much?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 12, 2013, 08:30:45 AM

So once again, why are we wasting an entire season figuring this out? Why isn't he gone already?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

All Eyez on Me

Starter

#42 : September 12, 2013, 08:35:02 AM

Yo man. It really sayz somethin when Freeman's own cheerleaders are now harsh critics. Freeman was PRs guy and had him out for a signing and stuff. Scott Reynold put in writing that we should sign Freeman to a long-term contract. Man how would dat move be lookn right now? Lots of finger pointn goin on at One Buc right now. But by the end of the season if this continues Schiano, Mark Mark Dominik and Freeman will all be gone and we probably will have a top 3 pick in the draft which means our season will have tanked. And people will refer to the Glazers as Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones (yo, you cant buy your championships. You have to draft and coach well too man).

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#43 : September 12, 2013, 08:35:47 AM

I have a feeling Freeman will have more success on another team if he is let go. I am 50/50 on Freeman but I do have to consider what he had for coaches since he been here.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 12, 2013, 08:39:06 AM

So once again, why are we wasting an entire season figuring this out? Why isn't he gone already?

The million dollar question.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IS THE FREEMAN ERA IN TAMPA BAY COMING TO AN END? SIGNS SAY YES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools