Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sherman gets paid « previous next »
Page: 1

sammich

Starter

: May 07, 2014, 05:01:46 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-make-richard-sherman-highest-paid-cornerback-with-4-year-deal-175126848.html

I figured his contract would be nice, but wow.  I wonder how they plan to extend Wilson next year- they've got to be getting tight on dollars.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 07, 2014, 05:07:20 PM

Too much for a CB. We tried this with Revis and it obviously didn't work out. CB isn't a premium position where you pay that type of money. Neither is Safety and the Seahawks just gave Earl Thomas $10 mil per year. The Seahawks are gonna be in trouble soon with the cap after tying all of that money up in the secondary, especially when they have to sign Wilson to a mega deal.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 07, 2014, 06:54:22 PM

Agree that Seattle will be cap strapped at some point.  Revis thinks he's better so it will be interesting to see what he tries to get after the Pats release him.

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 07, 2014, 06:57:02 PM

Revis is 12 months away from attempting to rob New England.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#4 : May 07, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

Revis is 12 months away from attempting to rob New England.

Attempting?  He'll never see a dime of the second year salary.  I am willing to wager anything on that. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sherman gets paid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools