Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#240 : October 07, 2013, 05:00:39 PM

Someone on the SB Buccaneer site (draftphantom?) Brought up a good counterpoint to the level of competition talking point. Basically a good QB is a good QB as he mentioned successful QBs from the MAC, WAC, etc... It's not an exact science, and everyone has different definitions for a successful NFL QB. Kids can only play who they play. Granted be chose to go to Louisville, but only after Shannon was ran out of town at Miami.

I do agree, I do hope that they get a good D to play against in their bowl game, but he already tore apart UF in the Sugar Bowl. And that team will have more than its share of NFLers.

/shrug
Last year's superbow qb's were from Delaware and Nevada, not exactly powerhouses lol.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#241 : October 07, 2013, 05:17:35 PM

Exactly. ^

The quest for .500 begins...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#242 : October 12, 2013, 02:36:32 PM

10/06/2013 - Idaho coach Paul Petrino had predicted this week that the Vandals would face some bad losses as he tried to rebuild the program. But he wasn't expecting them to be quite this bad. Derek Carr threw five touchdown passes as No. 23 Fresno State beat Idaho 61-14 on Saturday. "I understand that maybe that team was better than us," Petrino said. "But that was pretty embarrassing." Carr insisted he wasn't aware of the gaudy statistics he piled up in the first half of the game.
Carr had 390 yards passing and all five of his touchdown passes in the first 30 minutes. It was all the Bulldogs really needed against a thoroughly overmatched opponent. "Those things I don't think about," Carr said. "My job is to get the team in the end zone." Fresno State scored at least 40 points for the fifth time this season. - AP Sports

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#243 : October 12, 2013, 02:38:55 PM

Someone on the SB Buccaneer site (draftphantom?) Brought up a good counterpoint to the level of competition talking point. Basically a good QB is a good QB as he mentioned successful QBs from the MAC, WAC, etc... It's not an exact science, and everyone has different definitions for a successful NFL QB. Kids can only play who they play. Granted be chose to go to Louisville, but only after Shannon was ran out of town at Miami.

I do agree, I do hope that they get a good D to play against in their bowl game, but he already tore apart UF in the Sugar Bowl. And that team will have more than its share of NFLers.

/shrug
Last year's superbow qb's were from Delaware and Nevada, not exactly powerhouses lol.
And Flacco has an incredibly strong arm that was on display in the meat market, and CK was a physical beast who broke NCAA records in jaw dropping fashion.

Those guys have some special traits that are measureable.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#244 : October 12, 2013, 02:44:17 PM

Georgia playing Missouri in ESPN .  Georgia was down 28-13 late in the 3rd.  Now in the 4th and it's 28-20 and Georgia is driving .   Aaron Murray is missing his top 3 receivers and his starting RB.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#245 : October 12, 2013, 02:49:56 PM

Murray just threw a td .  Failed on the 2 pt conversion.  That Tampa native looks good to me . 12 minutes left.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#246 : October 12, 2013, 02:53:16 PM

Should have had the first throw into the EZ as a TD.

Guy dropped it.  Murray has some good mobility, and he can fire a ball into small windows.  He is a solid QB.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#247 : October 12, 2013, 03:10:08 PM

/shrug
And Flacco has an incredibly strong arm that was on display in the meat market, and CK was a physical beast who broke NCAA records in jaw dropping fashion.

Those guys have some special traits that are measureable.
True, I was just adding on to his point. Also CK led Nevada to beat Boise st. which closed their National Championship hopes

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#248 : October 12, 2013, 03:24:57 PM

All about Murray. I think he is the next Drew Brees. Plays against some of the top defenses in the SEC. Big games, big program. Only knock is that he is 6'1".

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#249 : October 12, 2013, 03:25:45 PM

Watching Murray right now.  He is getting beat.

But he is a solid prospect, despite that INT he just threw.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#250 : October 12, 2013, 03:27:04 PM

Bring back Brian Griese!

69 pass attempts!  Was at that game...great game.

Down 10 with 4 minutes to go in Chicago?  And we win?  Thank goodness for Trueblood!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#251 : October 12, 2013, 03:27:36 PM

Awful deep pass by Murray just then.  Not even close.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#252 : October 12, 2013, 04:27:13 PM

Murray is a little limited.  I think Kirk Cousin comparison is about right.  Or a Christian Ponder. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#253 : October 12, 2013, 04:48:45 PM

I wonder how well regarded Mettenberger will be when the season ends.  Pro style scheme, all the tools, really came alive with good coaching.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#254 : October 12, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

I wonder how well regarded Mettenberger will be when the season ends.  Pro style scheme, all the tools, really came alive with good coaching.
he is starting to grow on me

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools