Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#60 : September 12, 2013, 08:13:52 PM

I want the Bucs to win a Super Bowl. Piss on your version of being a fan.
That is the goal....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#61 : September 12, 2013, 08:16:12 PM

it is?  I thought it was just to be competitive against the non elite teams in the league.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#62 : September 12, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

Rebuilding? Look at the Colts, Redskins, Seahawks, and 49ers. Before that, look at the Falcons, Steelers, and Ravens. When you have a talented roster, as we do, you can add a new coach and rookie QB and be a playoff team right away. It has been done many, many times.

Seahawks, 49ers, Steelers and Ravens all have or had elite defenses. Redskins ran the hell out of the ball and squeaked in, RG3 had a great rookie season running ball kudos to him, we don't let our QBs run the ball. Colts were a freaking anomoly, Andrew Luck was worse in almost every statistical category then Freeman was last year and they win 11 games. If  we have a elite defense then yea a rookie (probably has to be one of the top 3 i'd guess) QB can come in here and take us to the playoffs. But it's not as easy as it sounds.
: September 12, 2013, 08:31:28 PM XFactor

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler

#63 : September 13, 2013, 12:27:17 AM

Sh!t the bed for Ted

The quest for .500 begins...

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : September 13, 2013, 07:49:09 AM

"Put in Glennon so we ain't winnin'.........for Ted"

Ricky Bobby

Starter

#65 : September 13, 2013, 07:52:12 AM

"Put in Glennon so we ain't winnin'.........for Ted"
Sorry, I had to lol at that. :p

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#66 : September 13, 2013, 09:32:53 AM

Keep in mind, Tanking for Teddy involves pretty much our entire coaching staff being fired. Some may be comfortable with this, but it brings back the ol' "rebuilding' mode...

Logic don't go round here.

But with the right coach, right QB, and right GM... it happens in 1 offseason.  See Atlanta, San Fran, Washington, Indy, and Seattle.
When you don't have the right coach, right QB, and right GM... it may never happen.  See Jacksonville, Oakland, Tampa, Detroit, and Minnesota.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#67 : September 13, 2013, 09:53:16 AM

Rebuilding? Look at the Colts, Redskins, Seahawks, and 49ers. Before that, look at the Falcons, Steelers, and Ravens. When you have a talented roster, as we do, you can add a new coach and rookie QB and be a playoff team right away. It has been done many, many times.

We have a talented roster? Link?

Yes, team can get to the PO right away, with a rookie QB. Thats not the reason to pass on one at all. BUT first we need to get that great rookie QB. And then we need to hope for you being right about our talented roster. Alot of hope for that to happen.

I would have no issues with struggling for a few years while having a great QB for the future. Just we are not guaranteed to get such QB, not by losing out, and not by picking one in the 1st round either.

Dont talk about us MAYBE winning right aways should we get a great QB. First tell me HOW to get such QB and how to pass on the ones not good enough for, so we can use those picks on loading up the roster even more. Not as if our roster had no holes, right?

You act like as if we already have the great QB for the future. But we do not, we do not even know the name of the guy starting for us next year. Right now it would be Glennon.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#68 : September 13, 2013, 09:58:59 AM

hope is a big part to being a fan QaZ.  but hoping the same guys that keep disappointing can somehow turn things around starts to lose its believability after awhile. 

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#69 : September 13, 2013, 10:07:45 AM

hope is a big part to being a fan QaZ.  but hoping the same guys that keep disappointing can somehow turn things around starts to lose its believability after awhile.

Who says the should NOT replace the bad links of our team? Who is for extending Freeman and passing on a guy like Bridgewater? Whos says we should stick to Dom and NOT put in a BETTER GM? Who says we should keep Schiano and NOT get a better HC?

All i see is guys talking about getting rid of players (GMs and coaches) but not how to replace them. Im high on Bridgewater, still there is a good chance for him to bust, but our biggest problem is we are not even guaranteed to be able to draft him at all.

All the things you bring up that causes you to lose its believability are the reason why there is room for improvement, why we should NOT pass on the chance to make a change for the better.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 13, 2013, 10:52:30 AM

I'm just telling you what's going to happen if Freeman tanks and doesn't get a new contract (which is probably what happens). Schiano and his crew are going to show their pomp and roll with Glennon (mistake 1). They won't draft Bridgewater OR Boyd (mistake 2 and 3) and instead will draft Clowney (if our season sucks enough), or some other obscure name (which would be mistake 4). We will be down for another 3 years because of it while both Tahj and Teddy Destroy this league.

Mark it down.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#71 : September 13, 2013, 11:23:47 AM

I'm just telling you what's going to happen if Freeman tanks and doesn't get a new contract (which is probably what happens). Schiano and his crew are going to show their pomp and roll with Glennon (mistake 1). They won't draft Bridgewater OR Boyd (mistake 2 and 3) and instead will draft Clowney (if our season sucks enough), or some other obscure name (which would be mistake 4). We will be down for another 3 years because of it while both Tahj and Teddy Destroy this league.

Mark it down.
Would Clowney be destroying the league in this scenario as well?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 13, 2013, 11:25:23 AM

I don't think this team is as bad as some people think. I think they will win some games and won't tank like some fans want them to. That just isn't happening.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#73 : September 14, 2013, 08:14:05 AM

My only concern with Teddy is that he seems to be a bit awkward and quiet....which is what I hate about Freeman. I really want our QB to exude confidence and leadership.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#74 : September 14, 2013, 08:22:15 AM

I don't care if he is a rah rah guy or not, but if he's not he needs to give off a very strong but silent, confident type while in the huddle. It doesn't look or feel like Freeman does that either.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools