Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 12, 2013, 10:48:10 AM

Yes, lets purposely lose the next 15 games to pick a smallish QB whose NFL success would be questionable at best. This board is ridiculous. Yesterday we have guys pining for Raheem and now this. Laughable.
all draft prospects, especially QBs are questionable.  What isn't questionable is that Freeman isn't a franchise QB.  Only thing we can do is try with a new draftee or Glennon (also hugely questionable).  But all I can tell you is that the Falcons, for example, drafted a guy at #3 and went from terrible to a consistent 11 win team. 

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#31 : September 12, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

6'3 is good. 196 means he could easily put on another 10-15 pounds between now and the combine.

Kid is the best QB, hands down. He got rocked in their bowl game against my Gators. Absolutely rocked, and didn't phase him one bit. I love this kid.

The quest for .500 begins...

Ma5o

Rookie

#32 : September 12, 2013, 10:58:35 AM

Bridgewater is only 20 years old. He has so much time to fill out.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#33 : September 12, 2013, 11:00:13 AM

Yup, turns 21 in November, I think.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 12, 2013, 11:01:18 AM

"Can for Man"

Uhh, your kidding right?

It's Teddy B or possible Tajh B in the draft. Otherwise it's Glennon.

I wouldn't take Johnny Manziel in the 5th round.

You'd be stupid if you didn't take manziel in the 5th.

Some team is going to be really lucky when they draft him.

Talent wise, you're right.

You'd be okay with giving the guy 20 large and hope he turns into a man that leads this Franchise? He had better change his attitude quickly and so far he's going in the wrong direction. Yes, I'd pass in the 5th, in fact he wouldn't even be on my board.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

MalcolmsPotofGold

Starter

#35 : September 12, 2013, 11:17:11 AM

And Bridewater actually added like 35 pounds or MORE after his freshman season. He is naturally a small framed game who has artificially put on mass.

A smallish QB behind this line would get crushed.

Do you even lift? Unless he has put on a significant amount of fat, which I sincerely doubt, there is no way he gained 35lbs in 8 months.  Even on steroids that would be a stretch.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 12, 2013, 11:17:49 AM

Like the Niners and Kaepernick ? Lol.

There is always an exception to a rule. Also, of note it seemed Kaepernick was playing the role of drop back passer a lot more week one then he had in the past. 

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#37 : September 12, 2013, 11:27:55 AM

Yes, lets purposely lose the next 15 games to pick a smallish QB whose NFL success would be questionable at best. This board is ridiculous. Yesterday we have guys pining for Raheem and now this. Laughable.
all draft prospects, especially QBs are questionable.  What isn't questionable is that Freeman isn't a franchise QB.  Only thing we can do is try with a new draftee or Glennon (also hugely questionable).  But all I can tell you is that the Falcons, for example, drafted a guy at #3 and went from terrible to a consistent 11 win team.

Yes, the replacement for Freeman will most likely be a drafted QB, no doubt. Quite unlikely we will be able to trade for a guy like Cutler in 2008, or sign a FA like Brees. Just telling that Freeman is pretty much the closest thing to Brees since, and we are even willing to let him go without having someone like Rivers.

But what are we doing until we find our M Ryan at #3? How are we going to indentify him, over the R Leaf at #2? How are we going to pass on guys like Russell? Are we going to draft every single year one QB until we have found our guy? Or multiple guys in one year, while completly passing on QB classed the next? How much time are we going to give our rookies?

Sorry but im not buying this blindly mass drafting to get one by the numbers.

We are not forced to draft QBs, allowed to pass on the bad ones and should make use of this right. I would like to have a bit more of a plan than this. Especially since we are trying to build something else around aswell, like Quality GM and coaching staff

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 12, 2013, 11:29:51 AM

If you don't think adding Bridgewater to this lineup makes us a playoff team, you're an absolute fool. I think he's better than Luck and RG3 were coming out. I've never seen a kid with that kind of accuracy. Florida has really good corners, who bottled Manziels' squad up really well, and Teddy just torched them.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 12, 2013, 11:30:12 AM

Some guys are just so much more talented than their peers that they can cruise through college on talent alone. That quickly comes to an end when they hit the NFL. Manziel scares me. Way too big a risk to spend a top pick and bet the future of your franchise on.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 12, 2013, 11:31:45 AM

Some guys are just so much more talented than their peers that they can cruise through college on talent alone. That quickly comes to an end when they hit the NFL. Manziel scares me. Way too big a risk to spend a top pick and bet the future of your franchise on.
+1

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 12, 2013, 12:34:40 PM

Keep in mind, Tanking for Teddy involves pretty much our entire coaching staff being fired. Some may be comfortable with this, but it brings back the ol' "rebuilding' mode...

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#42 : September 12, 2013, 01:34:29 PM

What part of this coaching staff has shown they should he retained so far?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 12, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

Keep in mind, Tanking for Teddy involves pretty much our entire coaching staff being fired. Some may be comfortable with this, but it brings back the ol' "rebuilding' mode...

Why IND added a QB and coaches and blammo hit the playoffs. There is no longer a 3-4 year rebuild plan. Things turn much faster these days.

Bottom line, if you have the right QB your minimum win total is 8 and the wrong one and your maximum total is 8. Coaching can't fix bad QBs and it takes a really special level of stupid to screw up a good one.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#44 : September 12, 2013, 02:00:34 PM

ALL ABOARD!!!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tank for Teddy (from the fine folks who brought you "Suck for Luck") « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools