Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lavonte David fined $7,875 for late hit on Geno Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 12, 2013, 05:05:20 PM

Bullshlt.

Bunch of m**CENSORED**s.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 12, 2013, 05:08:41 PM

I will be so upset if they don't fined Clay Matthews hit, on Kap, ...way worse then Lavonte push

They better since they fined David for a love tap.

+1. At least that hit (the one on Kap) seems fineable. And while were on the topic, I agree with others about $100 Gs for Suh being a bit ridiculous, but at the same time, he keeps doing stupid things. However, I think that hit was blown waaaaay out of proportion. Just my .02
Suh earned that fine because of his dirty career... I hope they fine him 200k next time.

Im not arguing that at all, I just dont think it was that bad of a hit that it needed to be fined. Thats why I think its ridiculous. Hes definitely got the track record of doing stupid **CENSORED** so hes gonna be a marked man. He needs to know that.
The hit wasnt anything outragous, just an extremely dirty play. He went low at the guys knees who had no chance of making the tackle. He had no reason to make a block. His intention was to hurt the guy IMO. That dude is creating one giant bullseye for himself. I won't surprised when someone destroys his knee on purpose.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 12, 2013, 05:15:35 PM

The NFL is infuriating. If someone makes an illegal hit...that's what the 15 yard penalty is for. That's the punishment...you don't need to fine every illegal hit on a QB or WR. This is such a joke. Nobody even got hurt on that play. Yes...it was a penalty. Yes...a flag should have been throw. No...there should not have been any fine. The NFL might as well make it a mandatory fine for any illegal hits on receivers and QBs. Such a freaking joke. If someone head hunts over the middle or knocks someone out with an illegal hit etc...then go ahead and fine them.

I personally think Goldson's first hit wasn't that bad. Yes...you can argue the WR was defenseless, but he hit him with the shoulder in the chest and knocked the ball away. It wasn't like the ball was way overthrown and the WR was exposed. He was in the air...made the catch...and was coming down with the ball and Goldson nailed him and knocked the ball away. It was a bang bang play. Worst case...throw the flag...but don't fine him. Again...it's football. It's a physical sport. If he had targeted the head...then yes fine him. It's getting to the point where they should just put flags on the players and play flag football or 2 hand touch. This is not the game I grew up watching and it's not as fun as it used to be.
: September 12, 2013, 05:19:11 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#33 : September 12, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

Youngone I wont argue that as I havent seen a very good clip or angle of it. It does seem like he went a little lower than he should have,, from the bit that I saw, but again, I didnt get a great view of it. Youre right though, hes created a HUGE bullseye for himself by being a dirty player for the first 3 seasons plus 1 game, that hes been in the league.

Kodiak, I couldnt agree with you more. I didnt think that first hit as much of anything either. The league really has take it too far. I get it, theyre trying to protect themselves from future lawsuits, but honestly, thee players know what theyre signing up for and get paid quite a pretty penny for it. Most make more money in a year than any of us will see in a lifetime. Personally, Im starting to think that the league should start making players sign waivers when they come into the league (or make it an annual thing at the start of every preseason or something) saying they wont go after them 20 or 30 years down the road because their bodies are worn down due to being beat up playing a physical game. Problem solved imo.
: September 12, 2013, 05:21:36 PM germcanbuc

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 12, 2013, 07:20:26 PM

Maybe they fined him for stupidity.

If that is the case then it's about 100k short.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 12, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

Horse manure .

This league is just screwing players in order to fill their coffers. Can't believe the player's union stands by and lets the league fine players for non-malicious acts.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JohnT

Starter

#36 : September 12, 2013, 07:56:20 PM

I agree with the fine on Goldson, but not with this fine on David.   

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#37 : September 12, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

Horse manure .

This league is just screwing players in order to fill their coffers. Can't believe the player's union stands by and lets the league fine players for non-malicious acts.

Since all fine money goes to charity I'm not sure how they're filling their coffers but if you say that they are, then they must be.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#38 : September 12, 2013, 08:11:13 PM

When I saw the Suh hit, it wasn't near as bad as people made it out to be. The Sapp hit on Clifton was worse.

Suh should tell Goodell to put a jersey on.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#39 : September 12, 2013, 08:13:26 PM

David didn't hit him, he shoved him.  This is just kicking David while he's down.  **CENSORED** Goodell on this one.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#40 : September 12, 2013, 08:21:03 PM

Total Goodell the sissy over reaction. It wasn't even that hard of a hit and the film clearly shows Smith was still inbounds.

Why not put pink tutus on the QBs, flags, and perimeter warning signals on their helmets so if they do get "touched" too hard it beeps loudly and the referee throws a flag and brings them a tissue to cry in.

The NFL is dying. And if this keeps up American Football as we know it goes with it.

I hope David decapitates (figuratively of course) Brees this Sunday in the pocket.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 12, 2013, 08:41:32 PM

I agree with the fine on Goldson, but not with this fine on David.

David clearly commited a late hit on the QB, sending him to ground. Obviously breaking the rules and obvious risk for Geno to get injured while.

The other ones were risking the health of opposing players even more, actually injuring them. But i do not see the obvious rule breaking, although i do not bash the refs for missing a call in real time speed.
I'm a bit surpirsed they fined Goldson ...after watching the replays though, as i see the shoulder getting under his helmet not helmet to helmet. But mabye this is illegal and i just do not know about. So im even more surprised the NFL did not use better reasoning/explatation to here.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 12, 2013, 10:06:17 PM

Adding insult to injury.

It's messed up because they wanted NY to win that game anyway. They got it from David, and they still want to fine him?

I mean, he should be fined for the stupidity of it, but he knows what he did, and it's nowhere bad enough to warrant a fine.

Wake me up when people in football want to be men again.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 12, 2013, 10:28:40 PM

Absolutely absurd. Insult to injury. Goodell is a punk and ruining the game.

I hope Lavonte is pissed and destroys everyone Sunday. I hope Dashon blasts someone again (just a little lower). I'm really not one to wish for injuries, but goddangit I hope the D breaks people this year (with legal hits of course).

I liked Fat Free too. Like big Luther Vandross.  :)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 12, 2013, 10:45:54 PM

Past NFL players couldn't play in today's NFL.
   A smallish LB with a mean streak... 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lavonte David fined $7,875 for late hit on Geno Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools