Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the D Don't Work « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: September 12, 2013, 01:42:46 PM

http://potg2.blogspot.com/

Nice breakdown by Steve White on the line play on defense.  In particular, we've all talked about stunts.  He has photos of a stunt that I swear to god I've never seen before - GMC crossing 3 gaps to become an outside rusher. He is not doing a simple DE/DT or DT/DT stunt but instead 93 is stunting over BOTH the NT and RDE before being able to turn upfield.  I mean there is just no way that can work even if no one blocks him that is too far to run.

He also quantifies how much we stunt -- go figure it is a lot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 12, 2013, 01:45:24 PM

Yep, he has pointed out silliness like that before. I have seen people on here make sarcastic comments about the complaints about the stunts, saying all teams stunt, but not all stunts are created equal.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 12, 2013, 01:48:33 PM

Yep, he has pointed out silliness like that before. I have seen people on here make sarcastic comments about the complaints about the stunts, saying all teams stunt, but not all stunts are created equal.

The Tex stunt ( named because it is your basic tackle end stunt) yeah everyone runs that, same with the tackle stunts.  The jaw dropping stupid of the first stunt he outlines is hard to describe though.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 12, 2013, 01:49:25 PM

AND this goes right back into the face of GMC saying something to the effect of just letting them pin their ears back...   without all the unnecessary stunting.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 12, 2013, 01:52:03 PM

Some picture perfect pass protection. The Jets must have a great offensive line or something.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 12, 2013, 01:57:57 PM

To be fair, I've really only seen one simpleton trot that out here repeatedly.

I hate overuse of the stunts, but I will at least give the defensive gameplan credit for the blitzes they ran.  They were able to bring pressure from the LB's and Secondary.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 12, 2013, 01:58:39 PM

So to recap. The coaches did a bad job on both sides of the ball. Players also didn't hold up their end, moreso on offense than defense but still. And basically now everything is a total **** show because two grown men can't seem to act like grown men to coexist and try to win some games.
Yup.  I think that just about sums things up.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 12, 2013, 03:11:42 PM

Nice breakdown by Steve White on the line play on defense.  In particular, we've all talked about stunts.  He has photos of a stunt that I swear to god I've never seen before - GMC crossing 3 gaps to become an outside rusher. He is not doing a simple DE/DT or DT/DT stunt but instead 93 is stunting over BOTH the NT and RDE before being able to turn upfield.  I mean there is just no way that can work even if no one blocks him that is too far to run.

Guys, this has been covered.

We stunt a lot, yes. It's because stunts screw up blocking assignments on run plays for certain schemes. This has been acknowledged by our d-coordinator. I don't like 3rd down stunts unless a screen or draw is suspected.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 12, 2013, 04:00:52 PM

Guys, this has been covered.

We stunt a lot, yes. It's because stunts screw up blocking assignments on run plays for certain schemes. This has been acknowledged by our d-coordinator. I don't like 3rd down stunts unless a screen or draw is suspected.

So what! Does that make it the right gameplan? Why is our probowl DT covering so much distance before actually rushing the pocket? I don't care how much they stunt the other D-linemen, but Gerald needs to just be allowed to get upfield every snap, because his rush will disrupt both run and pass plays.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 12, 2013, 04:13:29 PM

So when White says it is stupid now it gains attention, good.  Hell, more than a few folks have addressed the GMC going around the formation - and that no one has seen it work - ever. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 12, 2013, 04:15:53 PM

Which is why they'll never expect it.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 12, 2013, 04:16:19 PM

it hasn't gained more attention Dbuc, it's just a situation where the the fans concern is backed up by  former player using gametape.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 12, 2013, 04:16:46 PM

Why dont they understand this is my question. Are they that stubborn??

19bucs19

Second String

#13 : September 12, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

This defense hasn't worked for numerous reasons, i've seen D-lineman in coverage on passing downs, i've seen LB's covering WR's, and for the life of me I can't figure out why the hell we let running backs come out of the backfield into the flats with not a defensive player in sight! While I think this years D will be better than last years (which isn't saying much) I still see us being exposed and it's not due to lack of talent anymore.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 12, 2013, 04:35:39 PM

"i've seen D-lineman in coverage on passing downs"

Did you see the same thing when Kiffin did it? The idea is to bring pressure and unexpectedly drop a guy in front of the hot read. Implementation may be lacking, but it is a sound theory.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the D Don't Work « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools