Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE OFFICIAL BUCS VS SAINTS WEEK 2 THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 68

buc_on_or_buc_off

Second String

: September 12, 2013, 08:13:07 PM

Let's get the talks going shall we?
If Nicks returns, even at 70-80% he will still be effective enough to strengthen the line. Less pressure on Donald and Jeremy. Davin should play better as he gets his bearings again. Ultimately we need better line play. We will be able to attack their secondary with Mike and Vincent, but we have to stay balanced and get the run going.If we can keep their defense guessing we will have success.
Defensively, Brees is damn good. He will throw guys open and make his plays. We need to get pressure better than we ever have against Drew and hope to disrupt their rhythm because once they get going.... the matchups that I'm watching for: Mason on Sproles. Barron on Graham. Leo Johnson on Lance Moore. Those three matchups will make the difference in a successful or shameful outing defensively.
Bucs win 34-28.
: September 13, 2013, 12:36:56 AM 3rd String Kicker

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 12, 2013, 08:36:03 PM

Sounds good to me.

I'll sticky this once its closer to game day. Maybe tomorrow.
: September 12, 2013, 08:40:27 PM 3rd String Kicker

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 12, 2013, 08:42:20 PM

reminds me of when Morgan and Beatles use to compete for starting game threads lol

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#3 : September 12, 2013, 09:32:19 PM

Things I liked about last week

-Freeman showing some fire. He was ticked when he threw the pic and looked like he wanted to kill someone after the David late hit. It was nice to see some fire in his belly and less of his "I could care less" looks
-Freeman rolling out of the pocket. These plays seemed really effective and it was nice to see them finally on the field. Take advantages of Freeman's strengths.
-Goldson delivers big hits. He is as advertised, yes the late flags stink but he makes some good plays with that aggressiveness. Hopefully he takes advantage when Brees pushes the ball downfield.
-Revis looked great breaking up passes.
-We did generate a pass rush

Last week's loss sucked, but it was great to see Freeman put the team in the position to win at the end of the game. I really do believe our defense has improved, they just played a very sloppy game last week. We stuck too close to the running game and that cost us. If Ogletree can give us a few third downs, and we make timely defensive plays there is a chance. I'm not giving Freeman a pass, he needs to play much much better. I would love for him to come out and just silence the critics.

Go Bucs!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 12, 2013, 10:20:10 PM

Things I liked about last week

-Freeman showing some fire. He was ticked when he threw the pic and looked like he wanted to kill someone after the David late hit. It was nice to see some fire in his belly and less of his "I could care less" looks
-Freeman rolling out of the pocket. These plays seemed really effective and it was nice to see them finally on the field. Take advantages of Freeman's strengths.
-Goldson delivers big hits. He is as advertised, yes the late flags stink but he makes some good plays with that aggressiveness. Hopefully he takes advantage when Brees pushes the ball downfield.
-Revis looked great breaking up passes.
-We did generate a pass rush

Last week's loss sucked, but it was great to see Freeman put the team in the position to win at the end of the gaume. I really do believe our defense has improved, they just played a very sloppy game last week. We stuck too close to the running game and that cost us. If Ogletree can give us a few third downs, and we make timely defensive plays there is a chance. I'm not giving Freeman a pass, he needs to play much much better. I would love for him to come out and just silence the critics.

Go Bucs!
+1, could not have said it better myself

I'll take one order of that D again this week for sure

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 12, 2013, 10:31:05 PM

I have to say I would be real surprised at this one if we win. Brady and brees the next two weeks with everything going on. I mean revis is sayin he aint even 100%. He's gonna have to be within that range to win these next two. Our corners are lookin suspect again. And the situation with the offense isn't even close to being a good thing. Were gonna have to pull josh at some point no way is this even a remotely good thing in the beginning of the season rumor true or not. If we can come and beat the saints would do wonders for the confidence of this team right now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 12, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

Vincent had a huge game against them last season.  IIRC its was record setting numbers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 13, 2013, 12:36:01 AM

We have to get to Brees. If you sack Brees, you're a big deal. Seriously, you're famous if you can do it. Might be Nobel prize worthy. Just saying.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 13, 2013, 12:44:09 AM

We have a shot... If we score some points. Get it to at least the mid 20s and we should have a chance.

In Verner We Trust

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 13, 2013, 12:45:27 AM

Vincent had a huge game against them last season.  IIRC its was record setting numbers.
Yup and was tracked down from behind by Malcolm Jenkins. We went on to not score on that drive at all, I believe. We really need a huge game from Doug Martin to even have a shot.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 13, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

Yup and was tracked down from behind by Malcolm Jenkins. We went on to not score on that drive at all, I believe. We really need a huge game from Doug Martin to even have a shot.

Ugh, thanks for reminding me of that play.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 13, 2013, 01:39:09 AM

I'll be at the game, have fun.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 13, 2013, 08:12:49 AM

Which receiver is going to have the unfortunate luck of hanging out on Revis island?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#13 : September 13, 2013, 08:14:11 AM

I hope Mrs. Brees is wearing her hot pink yoga pants.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 13, 2013, 08:19:16 AM

David needs to shake off last week and help keep Sproles under wraps. Revis will shut down his side. LJ needs to step up or the coach needs to bring in Banks.

Also....

THERE IS NO TIME FOR STUPID LINE STUNTS AGAINST DREW BREES. RUSH 4. RUSH THEM STRAIGHT.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2 3 ... 68
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: THE OFFICIAL BUCS VS SAINTS WEEK 2 THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools