Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bench Freeman? THE POLL. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

El Diablo

Starter

#30 : September 15, 2013, 11:17:08 PM

I would love to see ichabod next week. We have nothing to lose.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 15, 2013, 11:19:01 PM

That may be the popular opinion right now.  But what happens when Glennen turns out to be worse than Freeman ?
Have you been watching the games AJ? Nothing could possibly be worse than Freeman at this day and age.

And Glennen has done what, to be the starting QB? 

Is it that national championship he won?      no

Is it that top college program he came from?   no

Is it that Heisman trophy he won?              no

And what did Freeman do to be the starting QB when he landed in Tampa?

By your logic, Byron Leftwich should have been our starting QB all along.

El Diablo

Starter

#32 : September 15, 2013, 11:19:23 PM

That may be the popular opinion right now.  But what happens when Glennen turns out to be worse than Freeman ?
Have you been watching the games AJ? Nothing could possibly be worse than Freeman at this day and age.

Freeman sucks. Do you watch other NFL teams? Do you see anything else that looks like or worse than the mess that is Freeman? The answer is no AJ.

Only ponder is worse... and carson palmer..

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 15, 2013, 11:21:28 PM

Freeman sucks. Do you watch other NFL teams? Do you see anything else that looks like or worse than the mess that is Freeman? The answer is no AJ.

Gabbert, Ponder, Weeden, Pryor, to name a few.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 15, 2013, 11:27:54 PM

Freeman was the 17th overall pick in the draft.  If you draft a QB that high, he better be starting sooner rather than later.   Glennon?  3rd rounder was it?  The number 73 pick in the draft. 

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 15, 2013, 11:29:26 PM

Freeman was the 17th overall pick in the draft.  If you draft a QB that high, he better be starting sooner rather than later.   Glennon?  3rd rounder was it?  The number 73 pick in the draft.
Why the sudden change of criteria? What difference does it make that Freeman was drafted 17th overall? He still doesn't meet any of the requirements you laid out for a QB to start in this league out of college.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 15, 2013, 11:30:22 PM

Tom Brady was a sixth round pick,

Those QBs you listed are a matter of opinion. I bet many on the board would take several of them over Freeman,

IMO, your only argument is Gabbert. I would take any of the others over Freeman.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 15, 2013, 11:31:41 PM

The only problem is, they could ruin both QB's.   Glennon because he is no where near ready.   And Freeman because that would strip any confidence he has left.

If Freeman hits the bench he is done here, I do not see how a game off helps him at all.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 15, 2013, 11:31:47 PM

Draft status should have nothing to do with who plays. He is completing passes at 42 percent on average. Get a grip man. One TD? One TD? What a waste.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 15, 2013, 11:42:35 PM

Why the sudden change of criteria? What difference does it make that Freeman was drafted 17th overall? He still doesn't meet any of the requirements you laid out for a QB to start in this league out of college.

And Glennon has done what?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 16, 2013, 12:08:17 AM

What has Freeman done!? Even his teammates don't believe in him. This team needs Glennon for a shot in the arm.

6-16 against teams with winning records. He is a loser. No NFL QB  completes only 40 percent of his passes. Some of his throws are laughable. He still can hit Doug in the flat.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 16, 2013, 12:30:37 AM

What has Freeman done!? Even his teammates don't believe in him. This team needs Glennon for a shot in the arm.

6-16 against teams with winning records. He is a loser. No NFL QB  completes only 40 percent of his passes. Some of his throws are laughable. He still can hit Doug in the flat.

Well the thread is about benching Freeman for Glennon.  Freeman is the incumbent.  So if you are going to replace him, it would be a good idea to have someone better to take over.   I don't see Glennon being that guy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 16, 2013, 01:45:31 AM

Well the thread is about benching Freeman for Glennon.  Freeman is the incumbent.  So if you are going to replace him, it would be a good idea to have someone better to take over.   I don't see Glennon being that guy.

I'd rather gamble on a rookie maybe being a surprise, or maybe getting us the first pick in the draft, than stick with a guy who will be just good enough that we miss out on the stud draft picks and the playoffs both.

I don't want to throw Glennon in too fast as I think he has some potential and don't want that damaged by pushing him in before he's ready.  But it sure did look like the team does not have Freeman's back today.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 16, 2013, 02:08:21 AM

I'd rather gamble on a rookie maybe being a surprise, or maybe getting us the first pick in the draft, than stick with a guy who will be just good enough that we miss out on the stud draft picks and the playoffs both.

I don't want to throw Glennon in too fast as I think he has some potential and don't want that damaged by pushing him in before he's ready.  But it sure did look like the team does not have Freeman's back today.

Ya I made that point earlier. There is a good possibility they could ruin both of them.  Glennon not being ready could hurt him. And benching Freeman would kill whatever confidence he has left.

sammich

Starter

#44 : September 16, 2013, 02:34:56 AM

I think we need to give Glennon a chance.  It seems pretty obvious Freeman is done on this team.  We need to know what we have in Glennon going into next year and the only way to find that out is to play him in enough games.  If he looks legit we go into the offseason working on the team around him.  If he looks bad we know another QB is needed.  I don't want to go into the offseason with a question mark at QB.  Yes or no, we need an answer.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bench Freeman? THE POLL. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools