Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shooting in DC Navy Facility « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 24, 2013, 09:27:03 PM

"my original comment was using the words "assault rifle" as they are commonly used* not in the technical sense."

The phrase as commonly used means "looks like an assault rifle." So you're modifying your stance to "we need to cut back on weapons that look like other more dangerous weapons"? Good one.

Putting a nosecone on a Volvo doesn't make it an F-16, slugger.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 24, 2013, 09:28:27 PM

You cannot legally purchase firearms of any type online. You can advertise them online, but you cannot legally purchase them. You must meet the seller in person, or have the firearm shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer. It is illegal for the seller or buyer to cross state lines to conduct the transaction. In that case, brokerage through a federally licensed firearms dealer is the only option.

lmao, I am embarrassed for you with that ridiculous comment. Illuminator, if I want a gun can I find one online and buy it without a background check?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 25, 2013, 07:58:49 AM

Is it me you're embarrassed for, Vincent?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 25, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

Is it me you're embarrassed for, Vincent?

YES

here's the thing  . . .  if your sense of "victory" stems from having battles over norrowly-define typed words (as opposed to the obvious meaning) . . .. . . have at it.   I am more than happy to know that you concede the point

enjoy picking up scraps to cover for the obvious failure of your position
: September 26, 2013, 01:46:51 AM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#34 : September 25, 2013, 11:06:24 PM

I'm a white liberal college student, but I am about to speak blasphemy to my "stereotype". Guns don't kill people. Stupid people kill people. You get stupid people from a combination of minorities in poverty, with gang influence, hip-hop culture influence, and lack of education. Canada has millions of guns, but their murder rate is a tiny fraction of the murder rate in the United States. "Assault weapons" get the headlines because they kill a lot of people fast with a lunatic behind the trigger, but gang-bangers with handguns are the reason America is the murder capital of the world.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 26, 2013, 01:49:25 AM

I'm a white liberal college student, but I am about to speak blasphemy to my "stereotype". Guns don't kill people. Stupid people kill people. You get stupid people from a combination of minorities in poverty, with gang influence, hip-hop culture influence, and lack of education. Canada has millions of guns, but their murder rate is a tiny fraction of the murder rate in the United States. "Assault weapons" get the headlines because they kill a lot of people fast with a lunatic behind the trigger, but gang-bangers with handguns are the reason America is the murder capital of the world.

USA           94.3 per thousand
Canada    30.8 per thousand

we have 3 times as many guns in this county, per cap

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 26, 2013, 07:39:12 AM

What's the gangbanger ratio, Vincent? Or does that not fit your false narrative?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 26, 2013, 09:52:09 AM

What's the gangbanger ratio, Vincent? Or does that not fit your false narrative?

America is not the murder capital of the world. There's a lot of gun violence, in part because there are a lot of guns. (Although gun nuts deny any correlation)
: September 26, 2013, 09:54:21 AM VinBucFan

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 26, 2013, 11:00:12 AM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/26/20702066-very-dangerous-individual-hunted-after-deadly-office-shooting?lite

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 26, 2013, 08:01:59 PM

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gun-Malfunctions-After-Trigger-Pulled-at-McDonalds-Police--225390812.html

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : September 26, 2013, 08:38:53 PM

BUT my original comment was using the words "assault rifle" as they are commonly used* not in the technical sense.

That is one of the reason why we push back hard Vin. The term is used to make the weapons sound a lot worse than they actually are. People who have no idea what they are talking about hear the term and they imagine some kind of machine gun; and all of a sudden favoribility ratings for "gun control" soar. Educate people that they only shoot one bullet at a time, and then not so much. If the term personal defense or personal protection rifle was used, I'm thinking peoples reactions would be different. For example, if the headlines were that the shooter used a weapon "frequently used by home owners for personal protection" the end result would be different than say, "a military style assault rifle".

You ain't stupid, so I suspect you used the term purposely, with the aim of garnering support for your argument from those that can be persuaded.

The term "assault magazine/clip" has even been tried, recently,  but it was quickly realized that it sounds really ridiculous.
: September 26, 2013, 08:41:55 PM spartan

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 26, 2013, 09:16:28 PM

you used the term purposely, with the aim of garnering support for your argument from those that can be persuaded.

is there any doubt

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 27, 2013, 06:35:14 AM

BUT my original comment was using the words "assault rifle" as they are commonly used* not in the technical sense.
I suspect you used the term purposely, with the aim of garnering support for your argument from those that can be persuaded.

The term "assault magazine/clip" has even been tried, recently,  but it was quickly realized that it sounds really ridiculous.

spartan, you are trying too hard.  I use the term as short hand.  If you want to call the "military style" high powered rifles that people have used in mass murders recently "rubber ducks" we can call them that.  The term doesn't mean anything, accept to gun people who are UNDERSTANDABLY afraid to have guns taken away and so you guys (gun people) are interested in parsing out the definition.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 27, 2013, 06:35:40 AM

you used the term purposely, with the aim of garnering support for your argument from those that can be persuaded.

is there any doubt

not about this, like I keep saying:

what's the "innocent" explanation for  Olaf researching my identity and then posting something to show me he know my identity? In a gun thread, no less? after having posted "just leave" lol?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 27, 2013, 03:42:44 PM

"what's the "innocent" explanation for  Olaf researching my identity"

I did it because I thought it might be good for a laugh. I was correct. You look like an even bigger dork than I thought you would.

"In a gun thread, no less?"

'Gun threads' are one of the most common threads here, and many of them were started by you.

"after having posted "just leave" lol?"

Most of the posters here wish you would just leave. You drag down every conversation you get involved in, and try to make it about you. You suck more ass than anyone in the history of this board. And I don't mean sweet, young, firm ass either. I mean old, pastey looking, wrinkled, cottage cheese textured, fat, sweaty ass. You suck it. It's what you're all about.

Now just leave.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shooting in DC Navy Facility « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools