Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#120 : September 18, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

Boid - how is schiano supposed to coach offense well with a QB that you think is garbage?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#121 : September 18, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

Boid - how is schiano supposed to coach offense well with a QB that you think is garbage?
How is Schiano going to get QB play that isn't "garbge"?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#122 : September 18, 2013, 04:07:37 PM

A miracle?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#123 : September 18, 2013, 04:15:24 PM

A miracle?
So Schiano has no plan?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#124 : September 18, 2013, 04:18:10 PM

Save your games for the posters that just want to argue.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#125 : September 18, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

A miracle?
So Schiano has no plan?
Controlled Chaos?

Questions questions questions.

Way to put yourself out there GT. just stay in your soft fuzzy zone.

Have an opinion would ya!?

freddy

Hall of Famer
#126 : September 18, 2013, 05:08:26 PM

I never acted like the world was ending. But some of you argue with me like it is.

I know I wasn't wrong. Yet. And at 0-3, what will this board become?

That's easy, it will become what people like you make it.  You and how you post are part of what the board becomes.  So if it goes further into the tubes, you are part of the reason.

It is like Michael Clayton all over again. I slammed him harder than ANYONE on this board. Started polls, threads, posted stats. And then Rah comes along with the I dare you crap. I slammed him saying he is what he is. It was obvious. Peoe kept saying no your wrong. He is changed. Motivated. Whatever.

Congrats.  Guess you being right is more important than anything huh?

Same with Freeman. I was one of the first to start slamming him. Said the same things over and over and now?  (I gave it a mojo shot, but that ain't helping dude. That was my last duty towards being supportive of my team. Now, he has to go.

Congrats again, not a huge leap though.  If you take the obvious homer and hater trolls out of the Freeman conversation, not many people were ever fully sold on Freeman from the start.  I never was but I was willing to give him a shot.  But like you, I think he has had his shot and blew it. 4 years is enough time.

With S, I said I would be watching him closely more than ANYONE at the start of the season. His technique is stupid and has resulted in losses that were unacceptable and unreal. No learning from mistakes. I said before the game that if the jests beat them, this place would fall apart. I was right.

Wow, you should work at the UN, they need someone who is always right.

And at 0-3, then what?  I want a win. Would love it.
Sure couldn't tell from your posts, sorry

Is it going to happen?  With that QB and our offense against the best coach in the league, a top 2 QB, in their home...

They have had weeks to get their act together. I think an extra week of prep makes them more efficient. Dangerous game. And if Gronk plays(which I think Tom and Rob will be pushing for), it isn't a real winnable game in my mind. I'm calling it like I see it. Is it flying in the face of my fandom?  Sort of.

Doesn't mean we should give up all hope.  Sure it will be a difficult game, but I look at it as making it a more enjoyable win than a heart breaking loss.

But you can bet your silly ass I will be rooting for the Bucs.

Sometimes that  is hard to tell bud.  The true fans, IMHO, are the ones who maintain a positive outlook for the future. If a guy stinks, OK slam him and replace him and then move on (How many Gruden posts are still made daily?).  It will take 2 years, 3 years, or 10 years, OK I'll still be here and still be a Buccaneer fan.  Sure I want it all now, who doesn't, but I also know that just does not happen in reality.  It's not worth eating your insides up with anger over a football game.  No one loves the team more than I do, but I don't have any ulcers named Buccaneer either.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#127 : September 18, 2013, 05:09:16 PM

Maybe he already used a 3rd round pick to get one, he just needs a little time in the oven before he is ready.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#128 : September 18, 2013, 06:31:07 PM

Maybe he already used a 3rd round pick to get one, he just needs a little time in the oven before he is ready.
Thank you. So in your opinion Schiano intends for Mike Glennon to be his QB of the future. What would you say would be realistic expectations for Glennon and the rest of the team for 2013, 2014, and beyond?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#129 : September 18, 2013, 07:34:15 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#1-9684495

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#130 : September 18, 2013, 07:36:03 PM

Schi-love !!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#131 : September 18, 2013, 07:44:20 PM

Geez - come up with some thing new and relevant thats football related or hold your peace please?

Its just dumbing us all down, its not entertaining and its regurgitory.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#132 : September 18, 2013, 07:47:44 PM

Rare time where Stephen A Smith gets it exactly right.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#133 : September 18, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

Thank you. So in your opinion Schiano intends for Mike Glennon to be his QB of the future. What would you say would be realistic expectations for Glennon and the rest of the team for 2013, 2014, and beyond?
oh please.  how hard is it to look at realistically?
schiano shows up in tampa - should he draft a 1st round QB?  no - he needs to see what he has in freeman.
2nd year - should he draft a 1st round QB?  highly debateable.  freeman does what he always does, rollercoaster.  not a banner year for QB's in the draft either.
so he takes a 3rd round QB.  a guy that is known as a hard worker and smart. a guy that would fit the current system if freeman falls flat.  how hard is this stuff to understand?  and just because we used a 3rd rounder on a QB doesnt mean he is the best option to win in week 2.  doesnt mean he is a wasted pick, doesnt mean he is a great pick.  just means that the lockerroom and a players development is a dynamic situation.
theres no such thing as realistic expectations.  all glennon needs to do is make the right read and hit the checkdown if his first option is doubled.  id say playoffs is realistic expectations.
but does drafting glennon in the 3rd prevent us from drafting a QB in the 1st next year?  i dont think so.  not unless glennon really lights it up this season.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#134 : September 19, 2013, 08:40:39 AM

theres no such thing as realistic expectations.  all glennon needs to do is make the right read and hit the checkdown if his first option is doubled.  id say playoffs is realistic expectations.
Are we talking 2013, 2014, or when?

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano Situation on FirstTake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools