Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Does Schiano Need to Keep His Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#45 : September 26, 2013, 07:43:44 PM

If anyone honestly thinks Schiano can win in the NFL, they need to get a mental evaluation. The guy wasn't even a very good college coach

Agreed, I said it when he was hired. If you can't win the worst conference in college how can you win in the toughest division (at the time) in the NFL?

Harbaugh succeeded in SF because, he was a success in college, ran a pro style team and developed and #1 overall QB. Schiano has placed players in the NFL from Rutgers and improved them from doormat to a fringe top 25 program but he didn't do anything spectacular there. Pro players see through him. Anyhting less than 7 wins and he needs to be replaced by a Pro coach or at least a proven Pro Coordinator, no more assistant coaches or college coaches!

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

gone

Hall of Famer
#46 : September 26, 2013, 07:46:57 PM

Everything will depend on how things shake out more than the number of games won or lost.  Although I would say that if things come together the way they must for him to stay, 5 or 6 wins is gonna happen.  Anything less than that would indicate things didn't come together in the way he needs.  I think we need to be worried about how Glennon shows a lot in this too.  If the team looks good and Glennon looks average, I hope the ownership will force a draft of a QB anyway, although they may keep Schiano.  If Glennon looks same/worse than Josh, I would fire Schiano because he can't be trusted to evaluate/coach a QB at that point. 

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#47 : September 26, 2013, 07:55:45 PM

I dunno, caradoc.  That's nearly .500 with a rookie QB.  Freeman went .333 in '09...

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

gone

Hall of Famer
#48 : September 26, 2013, 08:00:22 PM

I dunno, caradoc.  That's nearly .500 with a rookie QB.  Freeman went .333 in '09...

We have a much better team right now than '09.  All the kid needs to do is not fsck it up and we have winnable games ahead.  If the D plays to potential and Glennon plays just average for a QB I think those numbers can and should be attained.  If we only win 2 or three, things did not work out well enough for Schiano.  I don't think he gets to use the "rookie QB" excuse. 

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#49 : September 26, 2013, 09:50:17 PM

If Glennon looks same/worse than Josh, I would fire Schiano because he can't be trusted to evaluate/coach a QB at that point.

Agree 100%. If this team is in the position to get a QB high in the 1st round, then I would not trust Schiano with the pick either.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 26, 2013, 09:52:28 PM

How many wins does Schiano need in order to keep his job? IMO if he does not win at least 7 then the Glazers might fire him.

What do you guys think?
All of them...OBD

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 26, 2013, 10:51:42 PM

obviously, he needs to finish with a winning record.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How Many Wins Does Schiano Need to Keep His Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools