Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think benching Freeman was really Schianos decision? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

m_j

Starter

: September 25, 2013, 05:49:58 PM

Literally few hours after telling the world he did not consider benching Freeman at all, he does it!

OK, our team is in a pretty big chaos, noone's denying that, but this decision somehow stinks? We all know Schiano was never sold on Freeman, but was he the one who pulled the plug?

In the end, who cares, we are moving on! Let's see what Glennon brings to this franchise. It is a good moment to do so, two home games and a bye week in between. Still I am very very sceptical, not because of Glennon, but because of Sullivan and Schiano!!!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 25, 2013, 05:50:35 PM

Glazers probably told Dominik and Schiano that if this season is a tank, they had better hope Glennon plays well or they will be gone.

BucsSavant

Starter

#2 : September 25, 2013, 05:56:47 PM

I think the decision became necessary. He had no choice.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 26, 2013, 01:36:55 AM

Gotta bump this one.

I think they finally got the glazers eye fixed on them. Orcs are coming.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ColdDeckEd

Rookie

#4 : September 26, 2013, 01:55:17 AM

No doubt this was his decision, this is what he wanted all along.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 26, 2013, 02:15:35 AM

This was all Schiano. Not doubt about it. Did you see what Mike Williams said? They were splitting time in practice between Freeman and Glennon anyway. I think it's becoming more apparent that Freeman knew he wasn't going to be the guy here before the season even began, which kind of explains the lack of commitment towards wanting to play well for Schiano.

Now here's the interesting part. Schiano wanted this. The FO and ownership are letting him have it. Is this a case of a 100% commitment to Schiano, or is this a case of giving him what he says he needs so that there are no more excuses? Personally, I think they've just given this guy enough rope to hang himself with.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 26, 2013, 02:26:50 AM

If you head Duemig, Ira Kaufman, and some other people on the radio and in some articles...it sounds like maybe Josh had something off the field going on. Who knows what it is, but if it was affecting his game prep...then something had to be done. I don't think it was drugs but perhaps a little too much drinking and partying?

Anyway, nobody knows for sure but I think the bottom line is that Josh wasn't getting better. This was his 5th year. If we lost one more game we would be 0-4 and we are pretty much out of the playoffs (not going to go 10-2...not that we can go 9-3 either). If there are red flags with Josh and he's not going to be back...then you MUST start Glennon and see what you have.

The Bucs are going to have a very high draft pick next year most likely and we need to know if Glennon can show signs of being a starter. He he doesn't...that 1st pick is probably a QB. Even if he does...I could still see them drafting a QB with that 1st pick...or at least the 2nd round pick. I think this was probably both Dom and Schiano making the decision and they went to ownership to pitch it to them knowing that this buys them both one more year probably as they now have a rookie QB.
: September 26, 2013, 02:28:21 AM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 26, 2013, 03:58:45 AM

Dom said something like, we have seen enough.   So that would lead me to believe it was a mutual decision.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#8 : September 26, 2013, 04:06:37 AM

The idea that freeman didn't play well for Schiano because was he butt hurt is idiotic. Same with Schiano secretly hoping Josh would fail. Josh playing well was benificial to everyone in this organization. Too bad it didn't work out. That being said Schiano obviously had a mild contingency if Josh didn't take his game to a higher level. But this notion that Schiano is madly in love with Glennon is retarded. I'm sure he likes the kid but I think Schiano is interested in winning more than some loyalty to the kid.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 26, 2013, 04:44:32 AM

The idea that freeman didn't play well for Schiano because was he butt hurt is idiotic. Same with Schiano secretly hoping Josh would fail. Josh playing well was benificial to everyone in this organization. Too bad it didn't work out. That being said Schiano obviously had a mild contingency if Josh didn't take his game to a higher level. But this notion that Schiano is madly in love with Glennon is retarded. I'm sure he likes the kid but I think Schiano is interested in winning more than some loyalty to the kid.

There are a lot of things regarding how Freeman and Glennon were managed this offseason that suggest that Glennon was not simply a contingency plan.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#10 : September 26, 2013, 04:56:06 AM

There are a lot of things regarding how Freeman and Glennon were managed this offseason that suggest that Glennon was not simply a contingency plan.
Yeah but to assume a franchise regardless of a new coach or not wants a first round draft pick with great physical ability to fail and start the season off 0-3 is absurd. Schiano was counting on Freeman to succeed

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 26, 2013, 09:38:43 AM

The fact that the discussions with Dominik were "intense" tells me this is Schiano's call.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#12 : September 26, 2013, 02:45:35 PM

Yeah def Schiano's decision with the support from Glazers and lame duck Dominik.

You bet that Dom rather have salvaged Freeman then admit failure and go with a 3rd round pick.

I think we pulled the plug too quickly on Freeman.  Did i want him benched?  Sure.  He deserved it....but maybe more of as a "light a fire" under him.

Freeman is arguably the best Quarterback this franchise has ever had.  He was pitiful the first 3 weeks but to give up on him and "trade" him?  Yikes...over doing it, no?  The guy had 27 TDs last year.  Sure 17 picks isn't good, but 8 of those came in back to back games.

What if Glennon blows just as bad on Sunday -Game 4 of our season?  We are 0-3 and as bad as that is...it's one game out of a wild card spot. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Glennon...but I'm a Bucs fan first.  Im just as upset with Freeman as the next guy but to get rid of him?  I ain't saying reward him with Tony Romo or Joe Flacco money but let the season play out.

Hopefully I'm wrong but i feel we pulled the plug too soon.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2013, 02:47:54 PM

"I think we pulled the plug too quickly on Freeman.  Did i want him benched?  Sure.  He deserved it....but maybe more of as a "light a fire" under him."

Has that ever worked? Harsh reality is it's a permanent decision. Worst thing you can try is going back.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#14 : September 26, 2013, 02:47:55 PM

Literally few hours after telling the world he did not consider benching Freeman at all, he does it!

OK, our team is in a pretty big chaos, noone's denying that, but this decision somehow stinks? We all know Schiano was never sold on Freeman, but was he the one who pulled the plug?

In the end, who cares, we are moving on! Let's see what Glennon brings to this franchise. It is a good moment to do so, two home games and a bye week in between. Still I am very very sceptical, not because of Glennon, but because of Sullivan and Schiano!!!

Why in the world would he not have? Free was the worst QB in the league. If that's not reason enough to bench him then I don't know what is.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think benching Freeman was really Schianos decision? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools