Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Gave Away a Huge Competitive Advantage Against the Cardinals « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : September 26, 2013, 02:55:27 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gave Away Huge Competitive Advantage Against Cardinals

By Ken Boehlke - Sep 26th, 2013 at 12:26 am

Aug 29, 2013; Tampa, FL, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano talks with quarterback Mike Glennon (8 against the Washington Redskins during the first half at Raymond James Stadium.
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Today (at the time of writing) is Wednesday, four days before the game against the Arizona Cardinals at Raymond James Stadium. And as you’ve probably heard by now Buccaneers made the surprising announcement this morning that Mike Glennon will now be the starting quarterback.

While most will debate whether this was the right move or not, I’m here to tell you whether the move works or not, the organization goofed big time on the timing of telling the world about the QB switch.

I read this first on Twitter from my buddy Drew. Here’s what he had to say.

DH @DHTampa

Btw, letting your opponent know that you're starting a rookie QB, on Tuesday? Brilliant.
11:20 AM - 25 Sep 2013

He deserves credit because he’s absolutely spot on in every way. Two days ago the Buccaneers said, Josh Freeman is our quarterback. Yesterday, we thought Freeman was the QB. You know who else thought Freeman would be taking snaps for the Bucs, the Arizona Cardinals.

By announcing it today, the Bucs gave Arizona four full days to prepare for the Glennon experiment.

They should have lied. Made something up. I don’t care what they say. Say Freeman was hurting, say they wanted to get Glennon some reps, even if practice was a dead give away that Mike would get the start, why tell the world and confirm it. Let the Cardinals wonder, let them try to prepare for both. Maybe they’d forget about Doug Martin, maybe they’d breakdown film on Freeman.

If the Cardinals spent one more second, just a single second preparing for Josh Freeman the Bucs would have gained an advantage. Schiano preaches preparation and its importance, well guess what, he had a chance to put his opponent in a compromising position when it came to his favorite aspect of football, and he didn’t do it.

He came out like a buffoon and told the whole world, and most importantly the Arizona coaching staff, that Mike Glennon will get every snap of this weeks game. Then he made up some bogus stuff about Freeman and the “trade block.”

This is a league where games are won and lost on the most minute details. Heck, the Buccaneers have lost two games already on a crazy penalty and a missed short field goal. Yet when the organization has a golden opportunity to send the Cardinals in the wrong direction, they decide not to do it. It’s the equivalent to telling the defense, we’re running play action, and then hoping the fall for the run fake.

Schiano has soured in the minds of many in Buc Nation, this should just be one more bullet in the arsenal for anyone who wants him out of here by the end of the year… or maybe even sooner.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/09/26/buccaneers-gave-away-huge-competitive-advantage-cardinals/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

« #1 : September 26, 2013, 02:59:32 AM »

Rutgers still acting like a rookie :\

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 26, 2013, 03:00:22 AM »

Good points.

But there is no way in the world that ARZ is going to forget about Martin. Regardless of who the QB is.

And preparing for Freeman and preparing for a rookie are probably very close to the same exact thing.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 26, 2013, 03:54:16 AM »

I don't really see the big deal.  There is no tape on Glennon anyway, as a pro. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 26, 2013, 04:44:33 AM »

The writer is an idiot.  There's no way in hell that the team could keep this under wraps.  Frreman's dad, a player, or the infamous Buc mole would have leaked the info about MG starting.  We've already seen leaks all season coming out of OBP.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #5 : September 26, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »

So which is it?  Sch needs to be a liar or he needs to be honest and forthcoming? 

Media would complain in either situation. 

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #6 : September 26, 2013, 07:06:50 AM »

His buddy Drew is a moron

Redwave

Rookie

« #7 : September 26, 2013, 07:07:26 AM »

Good points.

But there is no way in the world that ARZ is going to forget about Martin. Regardless of who the QB is.

And preparing for Freeman and preparing for a rookie are probably very close to the same exact thing.
My stance exactly, but I'd have still not have announced it.  Problem is, Freeman's camp would have with the trade demand, so moot point !

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #8 : September 26, 2013, 07:12:50 AM »

So which is it?  Sch needs to be a liar or he needs to be honest and forthcoming? 

exactly.....now I can see why Belicheck is so limited in what he tells the media......they're always trying to play the game of gotcha.

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

« #9 : September 26, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »

They shouldn't have told Glennon or Freeman but rather started Freeman and then when/if he struggled in week 4 here bench him for Glennon during the game.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 26, 2013, 07:29:10 AM »

Ya cuz the past 10 games weren't enough

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

« #11 : September 26, 2013, 07:31:15 AM »

Ya cuz the past 10 games weren't enough

It has nothing to do with that but I love how clueless people are with game tactics. :)

bill_kir

Starter

« #12 : September 26, 2013, 08:10:16 AM »

oh sure, because it would have never gotten out that Glennon was taking the first team snaps at practice this week right? it would have been keep a well hidden secret by the media, Arizona would have no idea what was going on.

STOP TRYING TO CREATE DRAMA/STORIES FOR CLICKS!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #13 : September 26, 2013, 08:14:09 AM »

I don't think the Cardinals will change up anything in their preparation. There is no regular season NFL footage of Glennon to study. We are going to run the same exact stupid offense with slow developing routes, and defenses will play us the same exact way. They will stack the line and bring pressure to stop the run game and force the QB to beat them with no middle of the field threat. We'll see if Glennon can do that. I doubt he can. It's a tall order.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #14 : September 26, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »

No kidding. Schefter reported it, not the bucs, right?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs Gave Away a Huge Competitive Advantage Against the Cardinals « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools