Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs must diversify schemes for any quarterback's success « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 27, 2013, 10:16:39 AM

LOL .

Curious  - Who let the dumb ass "black hole" out of the Pirate's Cove ??

Vince , did you leave the back door open  ??

I was wondering how long it would take for you to revert to your childish, troll like behavior. Congrats. You actually resembled  a respectable poster for lot longer than I expected. But alas, all things must come to an end.

I just find it amusing that you are taking yourself so seriously with this Freeman defense ....I certainly could careless about debating the merits of Freeturd or anything else with the "black hole" . I know better , and the verdict is already in.

But thanks for joining the discussion about  6 months too late from when there actually WAS a real debate.  Now , mosey on back down to the Cove and make the argument for communism like you normally do.  Buh-bye now.

U mad bro?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 27, 2013, 10:20:35 AM

LOL .

Curious  - Who let the dumb ass "black hole" out of the Pirate's Cove ??

Vince , did you leave the back door open  ??

I was wondering how long it would take for you to revert to your childish, troll like behavior. Congrats. You actually resembled  a respectable poster for lot longer than I expected. But alas, all things must come to an end.

I just find it amusing that you are taking yourself so seriously with this Freeman defense ....I certainly could careless about debating the merits of Freeturd or anything else with the "black hole" . I know better , and the verdict is already in.

But thanks for joining the discussion about  6 months too late from when there actually WAS a real debate.  Now , mosey on back down to the Cove and make the argument for communism like you normally do.  Buh-bye now.

U mad bro?

LOL , no , but Freeman is .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 27, 2013, 02:42:35 PM

I would tend to suspect the scheme as a lot of the problem too but that doesn't explain his 2011 season under Raheem with 16 TD's and 22 Int's.  Horrible for a third year QB in a system he was familiar with. 

Actually he seemed to thrive again for a while in 2012 under the current system,  Then something really dramatic happened.  His relationship with the coaches crumbled.  I don't know if he was burned out by the coach or his personal issues caused it.

My vote goes to, burned out by the coach.  When Sullivan would talk to him on the sideline, you could see a total disconnect.  Who knows the story behind the story. Perhaps we will find out some day.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 27, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

Ever consider the scheme may be so simple because Josh can't make reads ,  so they've simplified it to a one read system for Josh's dumb ass??

Funny , it's the same offense as the GIants , and no one is saying these same things about the Giants offense.  I think it's clear the offense has been simplified to play to Josh's one and only strength - jump balls.

The famous freeman lob and jump ball receptions. MW was his frigging savior in 2010

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 27, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

Ever consider the scheme may be so simple because Josh can't make reads ,  so they've simplified it to a one read system for Josh's dumb ass??

Funny , it's the same offense as the GIants , and no one is saying these same things about the Giants offense.  I think it's clear the offense has been simplified to play to Josh's one and only strength - jump balls.

I definitely think (hope!) that's part of it. Except, that doesn't explain things like WRs running routes to the same spots, the apparently lack of check down options, and some truly asinine play calls.

And while I'm sure it shares concepts with the Giants, I'm not sure it's the same offense. In fact, I've heard it mostly compared to the Cam Cameron Raven's offense of 2012 that got Cameron fired.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 27, 2013, 05:34:21 PM

The scheme needs work, but at the same iime Freeman wasn't executing.

Look at 8:45 in the 3rd quarter. It's a 3rd and 5, and Eric Page is running an underneath route, but Freeman throws low, and he has no chance to make the first down. If he hits him in stride that is a probable first down. The play before that was somewhat well designed where Martin goes on a wheel route and Freeman fakes like he's going to MW and then throws back to Martin, except Martin is far from open. He shouldn't have thrown it without seeing the coverage. He could have eluded the defender in his face and attempted to make something of the play. It's not as if every play is going to go according to plan, but you can't waste it by not attempting to read the coverage. At 3:04 in the 3rd there's a fake hand off to Martin and a pass to Lorig, it only goes for a yard or two. Freeman telegraphed it a bit and stared down Lorig too early and the safety was able to make a play. It should have been a first down. There's some good play calling and execution for the next few plays, and then
at 14:20 or so Freeman hits Martin way too low for him to be in stride, otherwise it would be a first down. Actually Martin got up before the defender touched him, but it shouldn't be that close to begin with, it was just a bad throw. At 13:20 he should have thrown a better pass to Page. It was a good read, and that could have gotten a first down. It was good playcalling too because the LB had to account for another receiver and Freeman threw the pass once the LB committed. Then there's two passes to Ogletree in a row, and they could might have been caught with a better pass. On the 3rd down play Freeman and Ogletree might not have been on the same page, because that should have been a throw to the sidelines. The playcalling was good enough to get people open, but Freeman just couldn't consistently move the ball down the field.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#21 : September 27, 2013, 05:44:14 PM

oh boooohooo the coach burned him out?!??! WTF HES A GROWN ASS MAN! He gets paid millions todo what he does!!! HE IS EXPECTED TO PROGRESS!... Thats right, just progress, hell not REGRESS, all im asking for, not even to win, just GET **CENSORED**ING BETTER FOR A CHANCE.The moment somebody finally put some heat on Freeturd (Schiano) he crumbled like a little paper bag. Freeturd has had everything handed to him since hes been in the NFL- his starting position with little to no real threat from behind. Raheem just anointed his sorry ass from day one. And Schiano GAVE HIM AMPLE OPPORTUNITY

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

bucemup

Rookie

#22 : September 27, 2013, 06:02:10 PM

Bucs must hire new coaching staff for any quarterback's success----

there you go i fixed the title for you

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 27, 2013, 11:42:29 PM

The scheme is pretty pedestrian.  A lot of times, first down...a long bomb to Vincent or Mike way down field.

Second down...Dougie into the LOS for no gain.

Third down ....another bomb way down field that lands no where near a Buc WR.

I don't recall much short stuff, like just enough to get the first. and move the chains.  That short stuff over the middle doesn't seem to be in Sullys game plan.   At least it wasn't for Freeman. It will be interesting to see if the game plan changes for Glennon.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#24 : September 29, 2013, 01:57:17 AM

Sometimes its hard for me to stomach what I read in these articles and message boards.  Now its the schemes fault.....face palm.  Many many many times, ive heard Sullivan state that he molds his scheme based on what his players do best....I can see how that could be a tall task with Freeman as his starting
 QB.  In the past 5 years weve learned alot about Freeman, and one of the things we've learned is that he is terrible with shorter quicked reads.   Now, low and behold, we have articles slamming our scheme because it is thin on short quick reads...wtf???  Sullivan's offense is based on chunk plays which is  dependant on one of the few things Freeman has had some previous success with.  To make the claims that some of these reporters have been making recently shows that they are only looking at the surface.  Glennon has much more touch and accuracy in his throws, and if Sully keeps to his mantra of molding his scheme to fit the players, we might see more more short and quick reads...maybe it was Freeman who handicapped the scheme and not the other way around.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : September 29, 2013, 02:07:17 AM

The scheme is pretty pedestrian.  A lot of times, first down...a long bomb to Vincent or Mike way down field.

I don't recall much short stuff, like just enough to get the first. and move the chains. That short stuff over the middle doesn't seem to be in Sullys game plan.   At least it wasn't for Freeman. It will be interesting to see if the game plan changes for Glennon.

That stuff was there, Josh just couldn't see it.  I expect that if Glennon does, people will be claiming Schiano changed it for his guy and set up freeman to fail so he could get him in.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 29, 2013, 04:03:42 AM

I don't recall much short stuff, like just enough to get the first. and move the chains. That short stuff over the middle doesn't seem to be in Sullys game plan.   At least it wasn't for Freeman. It will be interesting to see if the game plan changes for Glennon.

That stuff was there, Josh just couldn't see it.  I expect that if Glennon does, people will be claiming Schiano changed it for his guy and set up freeman to fail so he could get him in.

You say it was there. Most people who have looked at the tape with no dog in the race say it wasn't. Who should we believe?

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 29, 2013, 04:49:19 AM

You say it was there. Most people who have looked at the tape with no dog in the race say it wasn't. Who should we believe?

Me, of course.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 29, 2013, 08:06:59 AM

Most people being who ....the Public Relations twitter guy ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 29, 2013, 08:42:18 AM

It bothers me a bit that this year Schiano gets involved in the offense and this.

IF there is a major change in the scheme with Glennon I will be very suspect about how all of this has gone down.

Would Schiano sabotage his offense to get his way? No TE was brought in. Not a decent slot WR. Ogletree is awful. Stocker is a joke. This is 2011 all over again on offense.

Why?
yes if there is a change at scheme and playing calling I will be very suspect about how all of this went down. If it's the same BS then they really are dumb
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs must diversify schemes for any quarterback's success « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools