Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 – 9-27 – FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« : September 27, 2013, 09:04:40 AM »

How does Josh Freeman's slow start in 2013 compare to the one in 2012? Did Greg Schiano's head games affect Freeman's performance? Which assistant coaches are failing the Bucs offense? Have the Bucs had success playing zone defense? Why is Tampa Bay's offense so out dated? Why should Schiano be fired if the Bucs start the season 0-5? Get the answers and more inside scoop on the Bucs in this edition of SR's Fab 5.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9247:&Itemid=15

Buc45

Starter

« #1 : September 27, 2013, 09:14:10 AM »

Wow....I can not disagree more with you Scott...  I am not claiming Schiano is the greatest but you basically make it seem that Freeman is blameless.  I can't watch another Freeman performance...Let's see what Glennon has and then plan accordingly for next year's draft.

This excuse making for Freeman reminds me of the year's of excuse making for Chris Simms... These are grown men and they if they don't have the mental toughness to take criticism (especially when deserved) then they need to take a seat.

SnookPowered

Pro Bowler

« #2 : September 27, 2013, 09:16:18 AM »

Wow....I can not disagree more with you Scott...  I am not claiming Schiano is the greatest but you basically make it seem that Freeman is blameless.  I can't watch another Freeman performance...Let's see what Glennon has and then plan accordingly for next year's draft.

This excuse making for Freeman reminds me of the year's of excuse making for Chris Simms... These are grown men and they if they don't have the mental toughness to take criticism (especially when deserved) then they need to take a seat.

Did you read the same article I read? He's not saying that at all.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 27, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »

Thanks, as always.

At Schiano’s direction, the Bucs didn’t sign Freeman to an extension and let him enter a contract year in 2013.

Does this mean other people in the organization wanted to extend him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #4 : September 27, 2013, 09:37:43 AM »

So tired of the Freeman defense.

Buc45

Starter

« #5 : September 27, 2013, 09:41:07 AM »

Did you read the same article I read? He's not saying that at all.

I sure did...  The coach is not supportive during off-season with comments (gasp) about competition at every position...   The offensive scheme  (remember when everyone thought Olson's WC was the wrong scheme for Freeman...what scheme is right for an inaccurate QB who supposedly has a poor work ethic and no leadership qualities) is the problem...The coaches are the problem.

What about the stories about Freeman's showing up late to meetings/events?  What about the fact that his teammates are not jumping to his defense and did not vote him captain?  What about the simple short throws which are repeatedly off-target?  What about the fact that even though the first 10-15 plays are scripted, Freeman put us through one of the worst opening offensive series in NFL history because he couldn't hear?  When is the last time you have ever seen Freeman NOT stare down a receiver... Why does Freeman not seem to understand that there is a playclock that he must abide by.  Listen, I supported the drafting of Freeman and still own a Freeman throwback jersey...but I can't defend the guy anymore...  I can not for the life of me think of a good reason NOT to bench the guy.  SR thinks the opposite...

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #6 : September 27, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

Some fans are so blinded by irrational hate due to unrealistic expectations that they can't tell the forest from the trees. There is absolutely nothing that SR said that was false. It amazes me that with so many writers saying the same things, there are still so many with their heads buried in the ground.

Watch out Scott. The "he's just got it in for Schiano. It's all a conspiracy against coach S." comments are soon to follow.
« : September 27, 2013, 10:04:18 AM CBWx2 »

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #7 : September 27, 2013, 10:00:23 AM »

DId I mention how stupid Josh looks on this play ??

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #8 : September 27, 2013, 10:03:25 AM »

That was an epic article SR! One of the best I have seen of yours in nearly a decade. Well done sir.

VA_Buc30

Starter

« #9 : September 27, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

You're bitter Scott, because you wanted Freeman extended before the season started.  And because Schiano is not accommodating with the media as you pointed out in a previous article.  You're bias and bitterness came through in this article.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #10 : September 27, 2013, 10:05:05 AM »

Thanks, CBWx2, and absolutely killer Game Of Thrones sig.

Buc45. I'm not saying Josh Freeman is without blame. At PewterReport.com we have documented the loss of captaincy issue, Freeman being late for team meetings and missing the team photo. Those are all contributors to this situation for sure. But there is more to it than that. There's more to the story and that's what I wanted to illustrate in this week's SR's Fab 5. I'll have some not-so-nice commentary about Freeman in a future Fab 5. Don't think I'm just pro-Freeman and anti-Schiano, because that's not the case. I really don't have a dog in this fight. Actually, I'm hoping Mike Glennon, who was a PewterReport.com Bucs' Best Bet, plays well on Sunday and gets a win for the fan base and the players that work so hard at One Buc Place.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
« #11 : September 27, 2013, 10:09:28 AM »

VA_Buc30 - I'm not bitter at all. I didn't want Josh Freeman's deal extended before the season. Him getting a contract extension wouldn't affect me at all.

I strongly suggested it for one main reason ... it could help Freeman's mind be clearer and might help keep him focused. There's an argument to be made that could have helped Freeman had a better start to this season going into 2013 with the confidence that he's the team's franchise QB moving forward, but the truth is we'll never know because that didn't happen. And if he would have started off this way had he been extended, the Bucs might have made a huge mistake. Maybe they really avoided one. Again, we'll never know.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 27, 2013, 10:11:55 AM »

Thanks, CBWx2, and absolutely killer Game Of Thrones sig.

Thanks Scott, and thank you for speaking truth to power.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #13 : September 27, 2013, 10:18:21 AM »

Agree that S isn't a fluid coach. He isn't capable of adjusting his style because he doesn't have any other. He is old school, tough, embraces physicality but it's a millionaires boys club out there, and they will tune him out if they don't start putting W's on the board.

Said it before. Put in Tom Selleck as the head coach. Let S and his type A nonsense hit the bricks!

If the Bucs ball out, I'll eat crow as I have before. But I can't see it with his archaic and demanding ways that have failed to produce results.

And it's funny that he knows the temp of the room and if your toes are on the line, but he can't speak factually about a player.

Nonsense. He has his head shoved so far up his ass, that he is failing to pay attention to details tha actually matter...

And Freeman stinks. No excuses. It is an all encompassing body of work to judge him off of.  Too many negatives in his game to consider 5 as a good QB. He is a head case with no accuracy and the heart of a wimp.

sailor25

Rookie
« #14 : September 27, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »

SR- If you have "not so nice commentary of Josh Freeman" why not use it on today's piece? I agree with Buc45 and others. You did write an article of supporting Freeman and making him the victim. In reality it was his poor play that cost him the job. I know Schiano isn't blame free, but if you watched the games like I did and many other fans it was tough watching a Freeman led, deer in the headlights offense running out on the field. I am not a Freeman hater, but if you are a professional and you have a prove it year, you need to put on your best and a fight for your life approach. Freeman did not show that at all this year , and for that I was excited for the change of Qbs Wednesday morning.
Schiano never threw Freeman under the bus, and you and other media members fail to realize that Dominick and Schiano were actually smart to wait on an extension for Freeman because it would have been a huge blunder on their parts if Freeman would be the Bucs qb for more years and more money. These last 3 games were tough enough seeing a lazy, dazed and confused Freeman.
With all that said this article to me looks like you are just trying to join the mob movement of doubting the FO decisions.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 – 9-27 – FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools