Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 9-27 FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 27, 2013, 10:31:54 AM

Liking Game of Thrones is the only cool thing about CBW...  although I picture him being a Janos Slynt type of person . Is that your favorite character , CBW ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#16 : September 27, 2013, 10:37:52 AM

So, Schiano has the power to tell Dominik not to sign a player, but Dominik has the power to fire Schaino? Riiiiiiggggghhhhhttttt!

Was I skimming too fast,  or did Dom's cajones get changed to "guts"?

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 27, 2013, 10:38:01 AM

BTW, his completion percentage dipped because he stopped throwing two yard dump offs to Earnest Graham and Kregg Lumpkin. I think Graham or Kregg (can't remember which or if both) were on pace to have over 100 receptions. He has never been accurate. His numbers are skewed as a result.

shawn731

Starter

#18 : September 27, 2013, 10:50:00 AM

Freeman didn't play good at all this year and parts of last year.  But you can not ignore that Schiano's way of doing things didn't have some effect on Freeman that led to this.  In that, it doesn't excuse Freeman's play, but it affected his approach to the team.  From where I'm sitting Schiano sends mixed signals and is un-trust worthy.  As a man (or player) once you realize how another person (Schiano)is approaching you in that manner can you respect and give it all for that person?  Obviously, Freeman couldn't. 

But the team didn't help him IMO either.  Where are the shorter routes that many asked for?  Ogletre is garbage and shouldn't even be playing(we always get enamored with other teams throwaways)?  Even though Sullivan believes the TE position is not that important we see now how important it really is!  I have learned that Statistics are just numbers that can be skewed to present any picture depending on what you trying to show.  Freeman's first two years here were promising.  He played really good and looked like a star to lean upon.  Where did that player go?  From his second year to now there are two different Freeman's.  Many things (that WE on this board are unaware about and can only speculate) has/had an effect on him and from a NFL standpoint coaching is the most obvious factor. 

We can talk to we are blue in the face (and probably won't agree) but most of the issues that are holding this team back comes from the coaching and front office side.  And again, say what you want, but this is my observation of the situation.  I am a Bucs fan that support the team.  Just tired of running through QB's, coaches, and etc.  Whoever makes the decisions is who needs to be evaluated. 

Genesis8510

Starter
#19 : September 27, 2013, 10:51:00 AM

Couldn't agree with the article more. I doubt Schiano would get fired after an 0-5 start. However, I believe when we end up 2-15 at the end of the season the Glazers will have no choice but to fire him. Rookie QB or not.

Everybody knows Freeman was going to lose his job this season regardless. His time in Tampa is over. I don't think anybody can argue against that anymore.

The only way Schiano survives the season is if he can keep the defense from giving up in order to give the offense a chance to pull out some close wins (Magic number 6?). Otherwise IMO, we will have a new coach next season.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 27, 2013, 10:52:19 AM

As much as people are bashing SR for making the comments about extending Freeman, I think it's worth mentioning that he was merely suggesting that the Bucs behave like any franchise should that has invested in a QB that has shown promise, regardless of the fact that he hasn't completely figured it out yet.

For example, the Rams just announced plans to extend Sam Bradford. For poops and giggles:

Bradford's career statistics:
980-1680 (58.3%)
10,471 Yards (6.2 Yards/Attempt)
52 TD's    
37 INT's
77.8 QB rating
Record: 16-29-1 (.356)

Freeman's career statistics:
1144-1967 (58.2%)    
13,534 Yards (6.9 Yards/Attempt)
80 TD's   
66 INT's
78.8 QB rating
Record: 24-35 (.407)
: September 27, 2013, 10:56:02 AM CBWx2

shawn731

Starter

#21 : September 27, 2013, 10:53:54 AM

Couldn't agree with the article more. I doubt Schiano would get fired after an 0-5 start. However, I believe when we end up 2-15 at the end of the season the Glazers will have no choice but to fire him. Rookie QB or not.

Everybody knows Freeman was going to lose his job this season regardless. His time in Tampa is over. I don't think anybody can argue against that anymore. The only way Schiano survives the season is if he can keep the defense from giving up in order to give the offense a chance to pull out some close wins (Magic number 6?). Otherwise IMO, we will have a new coach next season.

I figured as much when they didn't resign him.  The writing was on the wall for Freeman.  The only way I saw him getting an extension was for him to take us deep in the playoffs and play lights out this year.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#22 : September 27, 2013, 10:55:56 AM

As much as people are bashing SR for making the comments about extending Freeman, I think it's worth mentioning that he was merely suggesting that the Bucs behave like any franchise should that has invested in a QB that has shown promise, regardless of the fact that he hasn't completely figured it out yet.

For example, the Rams just announced plans to extend Sam Bradford. For poops and giggles:

Bradford's career statistics:
980-1680 (58.3%)
10,471 Yards (6.2 Yards/Attempt)
52 TD's    
37 INT's
77.8 QB rating

Freeman's career statistics:
1144-1967 (58.2%)    
13,534 Yards (6.9 Yards/Attempt)
80 TD's   
66 INT's
78.8 QB rating

And I think that is one thing the Buc's front office did right, not extending Freeman.  Sanchez got an extension and it blew up in their face.  And if the Rams do the same it will also blow up on them.  Watched that game last night, Bradford looked awful. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 27, 2013, 10:56:36 AM

BTW, his completion percentage dipped because he stopped throwing two yard dump offs to Earnest Graham and Kregg Lumpkin. I think Graham or Kregg (can't remember which or if both) were on pace to have over 100 receptions. He has never been accurate. His numbers are skewed as a result.
I'm not at all saying Freeman shouldn't have been benched, but that's what modern NFL offenses are all about. Where do you think Darren Sproles and Percy Harvin catch all their passes? 30 yards down the field? No.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#24 : September 27, 2013, 10:59:33 AM

As for holding the Josh stuff for later, I'm OK with that. He has had a pretty tough week already.

I am a little hesitant to jump on McNulty. I know the comments he made struck me as odd when I first read them. But since then, I have tried to think of examples of successful NFL QB's whose mechanics have been "fixed" by NFL coaching. I couldn't think of one. I know there are examples of very  successful QB's that "work" on the technical aspects of their game (P. Manning being the most obsessive example I can think of), but it seems that they mostly take it upon themselves to do what makes them most comfortable and confidant. And they do what they have been doing since high school and often work in the off-season (Brady) with whom they have been working since that time as well.

Can anyone else think of a successful  NFL QB whose mechanics have been "fixed"?   

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 27, 2013, 11:04:57 AM

I'm not at all saying Freeman shouldn't have been benched, but that's what modern NFL offenses are all about. Where do you think Darren Sproles and Percy Harvin catch all their passes? 30 yards down the field? No.

Exactly. How often do you see Wes Welker running post or go routes? The guy has made a career, and a rather successful one at that, running screens, drags,  slants, and digs.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 27, 2013, 11:13:33 AM

Extending Josh Freeman would have been the worst move this franchise has made since ....since ....well , drafting Josh Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#27 : September 27, 2013, 11:14:41 AM

And those are the passes that Freeman is worst at. Short and intermediate.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 27, 2013, 11:18:55 AM

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 27, 2013, 11:21:50 AM

Whether he hits them with the consistency of Kurt Warner or not, they're clearly higher percentage throws than 30-yard outs to Mike Williams. The numbers don't lie. In 2010 Freeman completed 69 passes to tail backs. Through three games this season, he was on pace for 32.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 9-27 FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools