Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 – 9-27 – FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #30 : September 27, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »

Freeman has sucked. The scheme doesn't look like its fantastic. The drops can go both ways: Freeman's completion percentage should have been higher, but also shows that the scheme has put receivers in position to make plays, that they dropped.

All in all, we should know pretty quickly what this will turn into. The truth in the article is that it's now all on Schiano/coaching, Free is out of there. Just keep in mind that Glennon is a rookie and is going to make rookie mistakes.

What started as smoke and rumors is now very clear - Schiano is hitched to Glennon and his success/failure is going to determine the future of Schiano and the franchise.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : September 27, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »

And those are the passes that Freeman is worst at. Short and intermediate.
Whether he hits them with the consistency of Kurt Warner or not, they're clearly higher percentage throws than 30-yard outs to Mike Williams. The numbers don't lie. In 2010 Freeman completed 69 passes to tail backs. Through three games this season, he was on pace for 32.

Where is this mad bomber crap coming from?  Freeman threw short all the time, on 3rd and 9 you could almost bet on a 6 yard pass.  Heck even his longer toss to VJax in the NYJ game was only in the air about 5 yards.  This bit beige pushed that all we have are vertical routes is silly.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #32 : September 27, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »

Whether he hits them with the consistency of Kurt Warner or not, they're clearly higher percentage throws than 30-yard outs to Mike Williams. The numbers don't lie. In 2010 Freeman completed 69 passes to tail backs. Through three games this season, he was on pace for 32.

Where is this mad bomber crap coming from?  Freeman threw short all the time, on 3rd and 9 you could almost bet on a 6 yard pass.  Heck even his longer toss to VJax in the NYJ game was only in the air about 5 yards.  This bit beige pushed that all we have are vertical routes is silly.

I don't think anyone is saying that ALL we have is anything. We don't run then nearly enough, they are absent most of the time, I believe has been the criticism.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between short to intermediate passes being incorporated into the game plan as a means of creating rhythm in the passing game and to get the ball to receivers in space, and desperation check down passes on 3rd and long where the pocket is collapsing and everyone is covered down field. I seriously thought that could go without saying.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #33 : September 27, 2013, 01:14:09 PM »

Now Schiano has no excuses. GREAT article Scott.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #34 : September 27, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »

Freeman for at least the last couple years has come across (in speech and body english) as indecisive, mentally sloppy and mentally lazy. And he appears to have declined in his conditioning, based on comparing his movement in 2010 vs 2012-2013. He looks like a slug now compared to how he ran around in 2010; no where near the pep in his step.

I would say being able to take criticism is the MENTAL equivalent of physically being able to absorb a tackle on the field and coming back strong and in control for the next play.

This was an interesting statement: "At Schiano’s direction, the Bucs didn’t sign Freeman to an extension and let him enter a contract year in 2013". I might've said "Schiano discussed the wisdom of signing Freeman with Dominick", but I doubt he DIRECTED Dom to not sign him...  ;D

gone

Hall of Famer
« #35 : September 27, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »

Schiano makes the call on signing players, but I bet Dom is still getting the credit for the improvement in drafting the last two years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #36 : September 27, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »

BTW, his completion percentage dipped because he stopped throwing two yard dump offs to Earnest Graham and Kregg Lumpkin. I think Graham or Kregg (can't remember which or if both) were on pace to have over 100 receptions. He has never been accurate. His numbers are skewed as a result.
I'm not at all saying Freeman shouldn't have been benched, but that's what modern NFL offenses are all about. Where do you think Darren Sproles and Percy Harvin catch all their passes? 30 yards down the field? No.

Exactly. How often do you see Wes Welker running post or go routes? The guy has made a career, and a rather successful one at that, running screens, drags,  slants, and digs.
Uh, do you guys watch the games? 

Most of those throws were three yard dump offs. And usually in the middle, three tarts away from the LOS, where said target was promptly dumped. Those plays were routine and absolutely useless. Slants?  Nope. Dump offs safety valves garbage. Don't try to tel me those plays were good. They were worthless as only served to falsely skew his accuracy.

Said two year ago he was inaccurate. He can't lead a receiver consistently. Spare me. He isn't throwing to Welker. Dude would have been murdered in Tampa. Comparing Brady to Free?  Hee haw!  Hee haw!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #37 : September 27, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »

Schiano makes the call on signing players, but I bet Dom is still getting the credit for the improvement in drafting the last two years.

If we're being fair, the scouting dept. was high on Lavonte David even before Raheem Morris was fired, and if the Browns don't save the Bucs from themselves, Trent Richardson would have been our pick that year instead of Mark Barron, and Doug Martin would be playing elsewhere.

sammich

Starter

« #38 : September 27, 2013, 03:07:35 PM »

So the justification for his lousy start is that he had a lousy start last year too?  I see that comparison as just another reason to move on.  Coach Schiano has not been perfect, but he has done some good things.  He is learning on the job and has made a few mistakes but this witch hunt is getting a little rediculous.  Pretty soon people are going to be calling for his head based on if he prefers red or green salsa on his fajitas.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

« #39 : September 27, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »

"Schiano doesn't plan his schedule around mine, so this is what I'm going to say about him".

That's pretty much what this article boils down to. Schiano is a new coach who will learn and get better at what he does, Freeman was a 5th year dud who needed to go. I find it laughable that fans were patient enough to give Raheem Morris, quite possibly the worst coach in professional sports history, three years, yet now want to run Schiano out of town at the beginning of his second season.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #40 : September 27, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »

Great article SR.

SR never defended Freeman. All he says in the article is that Freeman gives us a better chance of winning which is true.

But it's obvious that Freeman will not resign here and our season is over anyway. That is why I support this move. Tank Nation was born in week 3. This reminds me of the Leeman Bennett era.

Anyway SR was spot on with his analysis. All of you Schinologists need to back off. Schiano is on the verge of literally ruining the franchise and you guys are defending him. I wish SR could tell you something off the record about how this last free agency period went down. Maybe after Schiano is fired he will.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #41 : September 27, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »

SR- If you have "not so nice commentary of Josh Freeman" why not use it on today's piece? I agree with Buc45 and others. You did write an article of supporting Freeman and making him the victim. In reality it was his poor play that cost him the job. I know Schiano isn't blame free, but if you watched the games like I did and many other fans it was tough watching a Freeman led, deer in the headlights offense running out on the field. I am not a Freeman hater, but if you are a professional and you have a prove it year, you need to put on your best and a fight for your life approach. Freeman did not show that at all this year , and for that I was excited for the change of Qbs Wednesday morning.
Schiano never threw Freeman under the bus, and you and other media members fail to realize that Dominick and Schiano were actually smart to wait on an extension for Freeman because it would have been a huge blunder on their parts if Freeman would be the Bucs qb for more years and more money. These last 3 games were tough enough seeing a lazy, dazed and confused Freeman.
With all that said this article to me looks like you are just trying to join the mob movement of doubting the FO decisions.

How can you know this when 17 of 94 passes (over 18%) were dropped? That's the crazy thing about the adamant claims that Freeman has played poorly. The team was in a position to win, because Freeman made plays late in the game, in spite of the ridiculous amount of drops.
Against NE, two "would have been" touchdowns were dropped. That and a missed 37 yard field goal took us out of that game. This whole process stinks. For the sake of the organization, Schiano and Dominik should have traded him when he had value.Instead they have eliminated his trade value and left the club on the hook for 8.5 mil!  It's pretty obvious when after every game Schiano had something negative to say about the QB. Never said a word about drops. Never said a word about Freeman making plays that gave the team a chance to win. When you realize that he have to complete almost 65% of all other passes just to get to 50%, you realize that, in this offense, that kind of drop ratio kills. So in reality, it was the "will of Schiano" that cost him his job. Nothing more and Greg should own it.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #42 : September 27, 2013, 06:44:47 PM »

I don't think anyone is saying that ALL we have is anything. We don't run then nearly enough, they are absent most of the time, I believe has been the criticism.

Also, there is a bit of a difference between short to intermediate passes being incorporated into the game plan as a means of creating rhythm in the passing game and to get the ball to receivers in space, and desperation check down passes on 3rd and long where the pocket is collapsing and everyone is covered down field. I seriously thought that could go without saying.

I don't have any problems with the deep routes but the offense has nobody to hit the weak middle of the field when the deep routes make the middle of the field soft.

Go back and find the threads where JDub is telling everyone that we need a TE and slot WR. It was common knowledge around here that we were going to be deficient at both of those positions.

Also not sure what was being discussed as far as Josh dumping the ball off to the RB but it wasn't Lumpkin. Caddy in 2010 had almost 50 receptions. I'm pretty sure that his completion percentage was higher in 2011 because of Preston Parker.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #43 : September 27, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »

Schianopoligist mad !

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #44 : September 27, 2013, 07:23:52 PM »

Schianopoligist , LOL !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 – 9-27 – FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools