Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 9-27 FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#60 : September 28, 2013, 04:07:30 PM

Well at least we've stopped comparing Freeman to Tom Brady.  Looks like the Freepologists are starting to deal with reality

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#61 : September 28, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

Well at least we've stopped comparing Freeman to Tom Brady.  Looks like the Freepologists are starting to deal with reality

And reality is what again? Now Glennon is starting, a 3rd rounder our of a 'weak' QB class. All those hypthetical questiions about how Brady (Peyton, Brees or Rodgers) would look like in this offense with its 'awesome' weapons remain unanswered.

'Freepologist' admited reality that we have no Brady playing QB for us. The need to replace Freeman was never in doubt. Just they did not buy into this we can get a guy like Brady easily and that we should just dump Freeman BEFORE having found a guy like Brady to take over for our non elite QB called Freeman.
They did not buy into Freeman being the ONLY reason we were losing game, they wanted other parts of the team to be upgraded aswell. And they definitly did not want to see a WORSE QB play instead of Freeman. They did not support losing just to see Freeman on the bench.

gone

Hall of Famer
#62 : September 28, 2013, 07:52:55 PM

How can you know this when 17 of 94 passes (over 18%) were dropped?

I'm curious where you came up with this stat.  Because it sounds like you reached around and pulled it out of your azz.

Most places have us listed at 7 drops.  Others 6.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Those numbers are much closer to reality than yours. 

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#63 : September 28, 2013, 08:08:24 PM

How can you know this when 17 of 94 passes (over 18%) were dropped?

I'm curious where you came up with this stat.  Because it sounds like you reached around and pulled it out of your azz.

Most places have us listed at 7 drops.  Others 6.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

Those numbers are much closer to reality than yours.

Hey man, don't you know that little things like FACTS get in the way of a good story! LOL

chrisras

Starter

#64 : September 28, 2013, 11:30:40 PM

Please let this be the last article about Josh Freeman.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#65 : September 28, 2013, 11:44:14 PM

How's that working out for Sam Bradford ?

Ask me again in a year or two.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#66 : September 28, 2013, 11:45:49 PM

VA_Buc30 - I'm not bitter at all. I didn't want Josh Freeman's deal extended before the season. Him getting a contract extension wouldn't affect me at all.

I strongly suggested it for one main reason ... it could help Freeman's mind be clearer and might help keep him focused. There's an argument to be made that could have helped Freeman had a better start to this season going into 2013 with the confidence that he's the team's franchise QB moving forward, but the truth is we'll never know because that didn't happen. And if he would have started off this way had he been extended, the Bucs might have made a huge mistake. Maybe they really avoided one. Again, we'll never know.

We've heard stories of the Bucs not having a guy to really challenge Freeman because it might cause doubt in him, we read that he might have been concerned about Carson Palmer coming in to challenge him, we read that the Bucs needed to extend him to make him feel at ease. Some of these insecurities appear to show up on the field at times. This is the guy we're going to rail at the coaches for benching.

I also think the categorization of some of the drops is being taken to a fairly extended length.

Most young QB's have confidence issues to some degree. Young players make mistakes. Lots of them. And it's pretty easy for them to get rattled or be inside their heads at times. It's inevitable.

Just so everyone is clear, this is year five in the NFL for the QB you are referring to above.  At what point do the excuses stop?  Year 6?  Year 8?  Year 10?  How about Year 12?

Just so everyone is clear, these issues didn't start week 3 of year 5.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#67 : September 28, 2013, 11:46:23 PM

Who was comparing him to Tom Brady?

gone

Hall of Famer
#68 : September 28, 2013, 11:46:56 PM

Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. 

If Glennon sucks, there will be endless articles blaming the scheme and claiming benching Josh was a mistake. 
If Glennon rocks,  there will be endless articles about how Josh could have beaten a reeling Cardinal team 100 times harder.
If Glennon hits guys open in the middle, there will be endless articles claiming Schiano sandbagged Josh and never called those plays for him.
It the team plane crashes, there will be endless articles about how God is pissed we benched Josh.  And if Schiano just had a better flight plan....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#69 : September 29, 2013, 07:42:08 AM

How's that working out for Sam Bradford ?

Ask me again in a year or two.

He's only 25 right? Lol

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 29, 2013, 09:38:05 AM

Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. 

If Glennon sucks, there will be endless articles blaming the scheme and claiming benching Josh was a mistake. 
If Glennon rocks,  there will be endless articles about how Josh could have beaten a reeling Cardinal team 100 times harder.
If Glennon hits guys open in the middle, there will be endless articles claiming Schiano sandbagged Josh and never called those plays for him.
It the team plane crashes, there will be endless articles about how God is pissed we benched Josh.  And if Schiano just had a better flight plan....

I think that about covers it...

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#71 : September 29, 2013, 09:52:58 AM

Just so everyone is clear, this is year five in the NFL for the QB you are referring to above.  At what point do the excuses stop?  Year 6?  Year 8?  Year 10?  How about Year 12?

Poor wittle Josh Freeman not getting enough pats on the head....

So answer my question.  How long does Freeman have to be in the league for these excuses to stop about him being a poor, fragile youngin'?

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 29, 2013, 04:51:55 PM

So answer my question.  How long does Freeman have to be in the league for these excuses to stop about him being a poor, fragile youngin'?

Long enough for a real coach and a real OC to be hired.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#73 : September 29, 2013, 04:53:49 PM

You idiot.... looks like this was all on Josh..

Theoldbuc

Starter

#74 : October 01, 2013, 03:19:51 PM

And those are the passes that Freeman is worst at. Short and intermediate.
Whether he hits them with the consistency of Kurt Warner or not, they're clearly higher percentage throws than 30-yard outs to Mike Williams. The numbers don't lie. In 2010 Freeman completed 69 passes to tail backs. Through three games this season, he was on pace for 32.

Where is this mad bomber crap coming from?  Freeman threw short all the time, on 3rd and 9 you could almost bet on a 6 yard pass.  Heck even his longer toss to VJax in the NYJ game was only in the air about 5 yards.  This bit beige pushed that all we have are vertical routes is silly.

More like 15 yards, but hey, you are 1/3 of the way right!  It's on NFL.com.  ;)
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR's FAB 5 9-27 FREEMAN, SCHIANO, GLENNON, McNULTY, GARRETT, SHERIDAN + MORE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools