Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ESPN Interview « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: September 27, 2013, 02:11:24 PM

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9731865
: September 27, 2013, 02:17:33 PM DeltaBuc5

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 27, 2013, 02:22:50 PM

We should hire Herm Edwards next year.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 27, 2013, 02:25:41 PM

"...the inconvenience of Pro Football..."

Love that Hermism.  It says so much.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 27, 2013, 02:37:02 PM

The interview that follows the Herm interview (linked) is the Freeman interview...

and after watching that one...   Man - I feel sorry for the kid - and I mean kid after seeing that...    He is being honest and appears to be somewhat overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Still got some growing up to do - it's unfortunate that he couldn't handle it.

c'e la vie.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

X-RayCat57

Second String

#4 : September 27, 2013, 02:37:38 PM

We should hire Herm Edwards next year.

add Lovie Smith and Cowher to that list.  Jay Gruden, but i have a feeling he wouldt be interested.

\\\"Rock on London, Rock on Chicago! Taco bell, run for the border!\\\"

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 27, 2013, 02:39:49 PM

Lol...   Edwards, Smith and Cowher will not come to Tampa.  Smith would be the most likely if at all.

LIke QB's, this place has a bad effect on a HC's career.  Unfortunate truer than not.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 27, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

we have not had many real good coaches here to ruin.

McKay was building from the ground up

Wyche was rebuilding.

Gruden won it.

We haven't ruined any real good coaches.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 27, 2013, 02:50:43 PM

What I meant was TB is not an ideal location for any coaching candidate.

9 head coaches
1 was successful.

8 were not.

IanP25

Rookie

#8 : September 27, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

That was painful to watch. He's a 25 year old kid, and the media is eating him alive. You can see ESPN trying to create a story out of nothing. There is really nothing to report, but they are going to keep squeezing him until he says something wrong. It's a dirty business, but it is what it is.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 27, 2013, 03:13:42 PM

Lol...   Edwards, Smith and Cowher will not come to Tampa.  Smith would be the most likely if at all.

LIke QB's, this place has a bad effect on a HC's career.  Unfortunate truer than not.

I'm not sure Smith would be an option. Would it be fair to say he's a Dungy disciple in that he believes in a strong defense and a game managing offense?

He made the playoffs 3 times in 9 years.

If Schinao is gone, and the Bucs are going for an experienced HC, Holmgren, as long as he understands he is not the GM. I think he could help build a staff that would develop a qb in Tampa finally
If they want an up and comer, I'd like to see Jay Gruden get a shot.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 27, 2013, 03:35:09 PM

I agree... he's a kid. You can see it. The empty cliches he's been spitting out to the media here, totally coached into him like most pros. But he seems like he can't get past them and really is kind of overwhelmed. Schiano keeps getting crushed at varying levels for his relationship to Freeman in particular. You just have to start wondering if this hasn't been an issue that Raheem wouldn't have cared about, and now a harder football coach just latches onto. He's liked but not respected is the sense I get about him.

As for coaches... no thanks Lovie Smith. He'd steady this ship but it would go the same way it did in Chicago eventually. I'd rather have a guy that can move this roster to a real challenger and keep us that way. Unless something changes radically with this team and the luck we've had, I think Schiano may get washed out at the end of the year - even if I think it's early. That seems like the way the tides are moving for him.

MarineBuc

Starter

#11 : September 27, 2013, 03:48:35 PM

I find it interesting that after 5 years in this league he still seems like a lost puppy dog. I don't know if he will ever be anybodies 'franchise' QB...I think he is too soft.

I don't see any fire to try and retake your position as the starting QB...just a **CENSORED** it attitude, trade me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 27, 2013, 04:51:59 PM

He thinks that he's still the Bucs best option for winning?

I'm sure that Glennon or Orlovsky could have gotten us a win by now honestly.

Talk about the scheme all you want, and sure it's not the best, and a rookie won't be putting up big numbers in it, but you have to put more points on the board than that. You can't have so many missed opportunities.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 27, 2013, 04:57:49 PM

He thinks that he's still the Bucs best option for winning?

I'm sure that Glennon or Orlovsky could have gotten us a win by now honestly.

Talk about the scheme all you want, and sure it's not the best, and a rookie won't be putting up big numbers in it, but you have to put more points on the board than that. You can't have so many missed opportunities.

If we could have swapped QB's (Smith, Brees, Brady) with each of the 3 teams that we have played so far the games all would have been Bucs blowouts.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#14 : September 27, 2013, 05:07:26 PM

I remember hearing a few years ago Cowher did have interest in coming here but of course it was denied, if you ask me why wouldn't he want to come to this team? He wants to be in a spot where he can win now, we have the defense that is needed, on offense all we need is a QB and a tight end and another WR, if this spot is open at the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if Cowher gave it some consideration
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman ESPN Interview « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools