Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Lost the Locker Room; Players Will Not Revolt Against Schiano « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #15 : September 28, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »

Bucs need to start winning or he will lose the locker room.  He now has his guy in and has stated the move was because it gave them the best chance to win.  Well time to put up or shut up. 

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #16 : September 28, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »

The media hates Schiano. They are all very quick to jump on him.

That being said, it sure sounds like Freeman was a huge part of the issue. I had thought that Schianos success was tied to Glennon, but now I'm rethinking that. He's got a rookie QB. He'll have another year or two to try to groom him. The Freeman experiment is over. The Glennon experiment is just beginning.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 28, 2013, 07:54:56 AM »

That being said, it sure sounds like Freeman was a huge part of the issue. I had thought that Schianos success was tied to Glennon, but now I'm rethinking that. He's got a rookie QB. He'll have another year or two to try to groom him. The Freeman experiment is over. The Glennon experiment is just beginning.

Yuck.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #18 : September 28, 2013, 08:05:29 AM »

Nothing more then media spin since the rest of the media , writers and radio host and ex coachs and players thinks this is the dumbest idea . Yes Coach she she's days are numbered

and a wild freelover appears...

While the scientific terminology is Apoligeticus Freemanicus, we usually just call 'em "Freepologists" around here

LOL; good one, sir!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 28, 2013, 08:33:07 AM »

Rewind back to the Bucs first game of this season against the Jets.  As the Buccaneers line up for the go-ahead field goal, the camera pans to Josh Freeman on the bench by himself as the ball goes through the uprights. The only person Freeman is shown giving a “high-five” to was a waterboy near by.

On to game 2 where my season tickets are 3 rows behind the Bucs offensive bench. During the offense’s struggles to the New Orleans Saints in week 2, I made it a point to watch Freeman while he was on the sideline as much as I could, to see what type of interaction he had with his teammates during a game.  Unfortunately, he had no interaction with anyone except Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan when he was on the sideline.  Greg Schiano even called a offensive huddle during the game on the sideline, and had to yell to Freeman three times to join them.

Not so concerned about high fiving the water boy because he could have gotten congrats from his teammates after but its very telling that he had to get asked, reportedly, 3 times to join the huddle. Other QBs in the league are the ones calling the huddles and yelling at teammates, not the HC.

Hard to say what is really going on, but it's safe to say that for whatever  reason, the guy that had success, an aberration or not, is no longer present and hadn't been present in Tampa. Josh Freeman could very possibly just be sick of football. He sure doesn't act like a guy who cares. I do still like Freeman but he ain't no NFL QB at this point.

I'm sure some stories will come out once he gets traded or released, I just hope they aren't as bad as some have suggested about drugs/alcohol.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 28, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »

Nothing more then media spin since the rest of the media , writers and radio host and ex coachs and players thinks this is the dumbest idea . Yes Coach she she's days are numbered

and a wild freelover appears...

Very rare....typically only spotted in the darkest time of night.

csidedave

Second String
« #21 : September 28, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »

I agree with BuckNY.  I think Freeman likes to play the game but is burned out by the endless practices and all that is required to play at the NFL level.  Throw in a demanding head coach and the thought of losing all that money and it's a recipe for what we see now.

I have seen this before with very good players who really just wanted a normal life and weren't willing to do what it takes to be elite.  They are resented by those who are putting in the work.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #22 : September 28, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »

Rewind back to the Bucs first game of this season against the Jets.  As the Buccaneers line up for the go-ahead field goal, the camera pans to Josh Freeman on the bench by himself as the ball goes through the uprights. The only person Freeman is shown giving a “high-five” to was a waterboy near by.

On to game 2 where my season tickets are 3 rows behind the Bucs offensive bench. During the offense’s struggles to the New Orleans Saints in week 2, I made it a point to watch Freeman while he was on the sideline as much as I could, to see what type of interaction he had with his teammates during a game.  Unfortunately, he had no interaction with anyone except Bucs offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan when he was on the sideline. Greg Schiano even called a offensive huddle during the game on the sideline, and had to yell to Freeman three times to join them.

Not so concerned about high fiving the water boy because he could have gotten congrats from his teammates after but its very telling that he had to get asked, reportedly, 3 times to join the huddle. Other QBs in the league are the ones calling the huddles and yelling at teammates, not the HC.

Hard to say what is really going on, but it's safe to say that for whatever  reason, the guy that had success, an aberration or not, is no longer present and hadn't been present in Tampa. Josh Freeman could very possibly just be sick of football. He sure doesn't act like a guy who cares. I do still like Freeman but he ain't no NFL QB at this point.

I'm sure some stories will come out once he gets traded or released, I just hope they aren't as bad as some have suggested about drugs/alcohol.

That is a total WTF moment and is I think, a good example of just how bad #5 was.

csidedave

Second String
« #23 : September 28, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »

If you assume that Schiano is an overbearing guy that Freeman can't stand, wouldn't you think he would play the good solider and make himself look as marketable as possible for his next contract, likely somewhere else?  You would think he would be mentally tough enough to get through anything short of abuse to earn that new contract if he really loved the game.  Most of us have worked or played for someone that we can't stand and sometimes you just have to tough it out for the good of your career and your future.

Another team might have seen his deficiencies on the field and conclude that they can fix those issues, put him in a better scheme and make him their franchise QB.  But now they will also see his lack of leadership, missed events, body language and general attitude and pass on him instead.  It is sad because he is only 25 and maybe he just hasn't developed that maturity level yet.  But it is what it is and it's time to move on.
« : September 28, 2013, 11:29:01 AM csidedave »

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #24 : September 28, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »

If the Glazers go with that plan they will be the only ones watching.

Season ticket holders,  a lot of them new ticket holders are not going to renew.

I was talking to a friend who just bought season tickets last year and he has already sold all of his remaining tickets for this season and he's not going to renew. I have also heard the same thing on these boards as well.

Do you realize how talented this team is?  This is not the 2011 team. Fans were expecting 10 wins THIS year,  not maybe in 2-3 years.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #25 : September 28, 2013, 07:00:02 PM »

If the Glazers go with that plan they will be the only ones watching.

Season ticket holders,  a lot of them new ticket holders are not going to renew.

I was talking to a friend who just bought season tickets last year and he has already sold all of his remaining tickets for this season and he's not going to renew. I have also heard the same thing on these boards as well.

Do you realize how talented this team is?  This is not the 2011 team. Fans were expecting 10 wins THIS year,  not maybe in 2-3 years.

I have a buddy that works in corporate sales and he told me he had customers wanting to buy tix because Free was shown the door.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bookert1905

Starter
« #26 : September 28, 2013, 07:18:32 PM »

Glennon starting excites because he isn't Freeman. Just the unknown of what he can do is what makes me giddy for tomorrow. I was always behind Freeman until this season, but I can only stay for so long.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 28, 2013, 07:24:09 PM »

I have a buddy that works in corporate sales and he told me he had customers wanting to buy tix because Free was shown the door.
That is ten down.  Only 20,000 more people to go.  I hope that 20,000 brings patience with them. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #28 : September 28, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

watching Murray play vs LSU brought upon a case of QBenvy. Damn, Freeman sux!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #29 : September 28, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman Lost the Locker Room; Players Will Not Revolt Against Schiano « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools