Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik’s One Fault, Hopefully Not Enough To Get Him Canned « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #15 : September 28, 2013, 08:54:05 AM »

And all of those teams have a win.

Dom has never been to the playoffs. He has wasted several premium draft picks.

He failed to shore the QB ranks with a vet presence.

He gives out huge contracts to underwhelming players.

Team has no identity. None.

Because Dom isn't a team builder. He is an acquirer. And a loser.

His record doesn't lie. Madly Mark may be a nice guy, but he is a bad GM. Five years going on six of missing the playoffs. How many more tries should we give the guy?

He failed.

I said losing to the Jests would cost him his job. And it very well may. Th trickle down effect is in full application.

He built a house made of sand near the shores of an ocean. It's going to fall apart like it is now.

Should have signed a guy like Orton. Anyone!!

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #16 : September 28, 2013, 08:55:40 AM »

While I recognize that Dom has made his mistakes, I think he is over the hump and is on his way to becoming a very good NFL GM. I like how he works the draft. I like that he isn't afraid to move around to get "his guy" and I think he is getting better at identifying good value in the draft. Too many forget how terrible the Bucs drafting was in the GruAllen era. There are only three players that remain on the roster from the pre Dom era:

Joseph, Hayward, Zuttah

So let's look at Dom's performance:

2009: Awful, only Freeman left on the roster and he will be gone soon.
2010: McCoy, Williams, Watson, Lorig, Grimm (4 starters, 1 pro bowler)
2011: Clayborn, Foster, Bowers, Stocker, Black, Gaitor(IR)(2 starters)
2012: Barron, Martin, David, Tandy(3 starters, 1 pro bowler, David on cusp)
2013: Entire class still on roster (2 starters and nickle corner)

So half the starters on the team have come from Dom's drafts over the last four years. (That is either evidence of his ability to draft well, or of how bare the cupboard was before he took over.) Add in the FA acquisitions, and you have a team that many feel is talented enough to make the playoffs. Further, looking at that list, I see a lot of players that are actually good, that I hope spend their entire career as Bucs.

Dom had a rocky start but is improving. Is he perfect? Absolutely not, but the learning curve is behind him. I would already call him a good GM and if he continues to get better he could very well become one of the top GMs in the game.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #17 : September 28, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »

Talk smack all you want boid, but I happen to believe there are some redeeming qualities.

These FA's would not have came here, at least, not all of them, without MD driving it. He also got Penn, trueblood, vj, nicks, some others restructured, kept the good ones, and with freeman made the solid choice of NOT resigning the guy in the offseason and allowing his coach to make the freeman benching call.

He's not perfect, but in the nfl world of GM's he makes a lot of them look dumb.

The titans are still pissed, the chargers aren't happy, and the jets feel ripped off. Sounds nice to me anyway.

dom sucks

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #18 : September 28, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »

Starters on a winless team?  On a playoff starved team?  On a team that is sinking faster than the Jets or Browns?

Couldn't. Care. Less.

Again, it may be harder for some of you to cast venom his way because he shook your hand. Bah.

He built this team to be a what it is. A group of losers.

I said he drafted sexy. At the moment it always seems that way. But if that is what your hat on then so be it. I'll exit stage left and let you guys debate the profound value of a GM who cannot put a team together, for one reason or another.

1-9?  Pffffff....

It IS AS BAD AS IT LOOKS!

Browns of the South!  (Insult to Brown fans)

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #19 : September 28, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

While I recognize that Dom has made his mistakes, I think he is over the hump and is on his way to becoming a very good NFL GM. I like how he works the draft. I like that he isn't afraid to move around to get "his guy" and I think he is getting better at identifying good value in the draft. Too many forget how terrible the Bucs drafting was in the GruAllen era. There are only three players that remain on the roster from the pre Dom era:

Joseph, Hayward, Zuttah

So let's look at Dom's performance:

2009: Awful, only Freeman left on the roster and he will be gone soon.
2010: McCoy, Williams, Watson, Lorig, Grimm (4 starters, 1 pro bowler)
2011: Clayborn, Foster, Bowers, Stocker, Black, Gaitor(IR)(2 starters)
2012: Barron, Martin, David, Tandy(3 starters, 1 pro bowler, David on cusp)
2013: Entire class still on roster (2 starters and nickle corner)

So half the starters on the team have come from Dom's drafts over the last four years. (That is either evidence of his ability to draft well, or of how bare the cupboard was before he took over.) Add in the FA acquisitions, and you have a team that many feel is talented enough to make the playoffs. Further, looking at that list, I see a lot of players that are actually good, that I hope spend their entire career as Bucs.

Dom had a rocky start but is improving. Is he perfect? Absolutely not, but the learning curve is behind him. I would already call him a good GM and if he continues to get better he could very well become one of the top GMs in the game.

Hi Mark,

I'd like to ask you a few questions please.  First, in recent years Freeman(or any QB) used the TE frequently as a safety valve.  This has been a glaring weakness since Clark left the team.  Why did you fail to address it?  Also, in keeping with that, why no third WR?  None.  We have trash at TE and after MW & VJ...TRASH.  It doesn't take much to bracket both WR threats and shut this offense down no matter who is QB'ing it.

Next Mark,  why are you unable to draft linemen on either side of the ball.  The game is won in the trenches and you flat out suck at it...why?

And why the F do you wait so long to fill gaping holes on the roster?  You draft back to back at the same position year after year.  You'll probably go TE, TE, WR, WR next year because you suck at your job.  Overpaying for free agents is not a skill set.  You should probably quit.  Thanks for sucking so bad.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #20 : September 28, 2013, 10:19:59 AM »

Without K2, Freeman might have been forced to learn progressions...
Dominik is such an idiot making moves to compensate for a player's flaws.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #21 : September 28, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »

Talk smack all you want boid, but I happen to believe there are some redeeming qualities.

These FA's would not have came here, at least, not all of them, without MD driving it. He also got Penn, trueblood, vj, nicks, some others restructured, kept the good ones, and with freeman made the solid choice of NOT resigning the guy in the offseason and allowing his coach to make the freeman benching call.

He's not perfect, but in the nfl world of GM's he makes a lot of them look dumb.

The titans are still pissed, the chargers aren't happy, and the jets feel ripped off. Sounds nice to me anyway.

dom sucks

What a witty response. Your case has been made.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #22 : September 28, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

One fault?
I like the guy and didn't want to see him canned until I really thought about the job he's done and how bad he actually is.
He has no eye for value, it's like he hands over a blank cheque to players agents. (Wright, Black, Clayton, Goldson)
He's over invested in positions that aren't really of great importance like safety, guard & kicker and done it with players that aren't worth the cash thrown at them. (Goldson, Joseph)
He isnt proactive, he's reactive, he waits for a position on the roster to become such an obvious hole that Stevie wonder could see it then over reacts (any fan could see the CB issue coming years ago but no, we have to wait them he goes and gives away a first rounder and $1 million per game on one CB, uses a 2nd round the same year at the same position.
Where is the real depth? Not the guys who's names we know because we're fans who get to know every time a player farts in a meeting. Seems most of our depth is at least 1 place too high on the depth chart.
You want to know why there's a lack of depth? His drafting (even if you exclude his gift of Freetard to Morris) is suspect to say the least. Price, Benn & Lewis were all prime picks wasted, you could throw in that the 2nd given for Winslow was too high, Bowers and Stocker aren't living up to their draft positions either

I agree on almost every point. I still totally support the Carl Nicks signing because he helps stabilize the left side of the pocket for a statue quarterback (which Free was apparently hoping to become) however the foot injury hasn't allowed us to see the benefits...I'm also a fan of Goldson so I support that signing as well although Dom allowed that situation to devolve into an absolute need which in effect, gave Goldson supreme leverage in FA negotiations and resulting in having to overpay to get him. Otherwise, I give this post a high five...

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

« #23 : September 28, 2013, 11:13:24 AM »

"When its come to player personnel he’s had some misses. Aqib Talib, Kellen Winslow, and I guess you can add Josh Freeman  to the mix now."

Boehlke's credibility, down in flames.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #24 : September 28, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »

I don't think hes a bad GM. I'll understand if he gets canned, but I'm not sure its deserved. He's acquired talent, which is his job.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #25 : September 28, 2013, 11:49:51 AM »

I don't think hes a bad GM. I'll understand if he gets canned, but I'm not sure its deserved. He's acquired talent, which is his job.

So his record means nothing?  Not making the playoffs means nothing?  His ONLY responsibility is acquiring talent?  Link?

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #26 : September 28, 2013, 12:01:36 PM »

hard for me to blame him for the coach because none of us knows how much of that was his decision or the Glazers?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #27 : September 28, 2013, 12:05:34 PM »

hard for me to blame him for the coach because none of us knows how much of that was his decision or the Glazers?

A GM that's not allowed to pick his coach is not a GM, he is a yes man...a monkey boy.  A piece of garbage.  Let's get some real NFL juice in here to run things and someone with the balls to tell the Glazers to butt out.
« : September 28, 2013, 12:25:50 PM The Anomaly »

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #28 : September 28, 2013, 12:28:01 PM »

So his record means nothing?  Not making the playoffs means nothing?  His ONLY responsibility is acquiring talent?  Link?
Does he coach the games? Does he play the games?

His job, by definition, is to manage the roster. If you need a link to what a GM does (I know you don't, but you're so insufferable that I'm going to give you one anyway): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_manager#Sports_teams

He's acquired a lot of talent while maintaining cap space.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #29 : September 28, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »

A GM that's not allowed to pick his coach is not a GM, he is a yes man...a monkey boy.  A piece of garbage.  Let's get some real NFL juice in here to run things and someone with the balls to tell the Glazers to butt out.

Not that i'm an expert, but i don't know of a GM in the league that could make that decision without input from ownership

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik’s One Fault, Hopefully Not Enough To Get Him Canned « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools