Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demps could make debut « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : September 28, 2013, 02:56:27 AM »

Bucs hot reads: Sprinter Demps could make debut

Jeff Demps was an Olympic sprinter as well as a star playing for Florida.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff

Published: September 27, 2013

All-around player

Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps, who was activated by the Bucs on Monday, could make his NFL debut on Sunday. Coach Greg Schiano is pleased with Demps’ work ethic and impressed with his versatility.

“He’s just jumped in and done anything that we’ve asked of him — defensive back, running back, wide receiver — and we haven’t heard a moan or a groan from him about it,” Schiano said. “He’s just jumped in here and become a great teammate, so I’m thrilled with just his mindset and his approach.”

Did you know?

WLB Lavonte David is only the third linebacker in Bucs history to record at least half a sack in four consecutive games. David’s three sacks this season rank ninth in the NFL and are the most by a linebacker working in a 4-3 defensive scheme.

By the numbers

In seven years in the NFL, Bucs CB Darrelle Revis has 19 interceptions. Including playoff games, Revis’ teams are 16-2 (.889) when he records an interception and 25-32 when he does not, including 0-3 this year.

Quote of the day

“That’s what professionals do. There’s always going to be noise out there. You have to push the noise out of your brain and you’ve got to do your job.’’

Bucs coach Greg Schiano, on dealing with distractions

Injury report

For the Bucs, OL Gabe Carimi (illness), CB Mike Adams (knee), TE Tom Crabtree (ankle) and DT Derek Landri are out for Sunday’s game. WR Vincent Jackson (ribs), WR Mike Williams (hamstring) and CB Rashaan Melvin (hamstring) are questionable. S Mark Barron (hamstring), DT Gary Gibson (back) and DT Gerald McCoy (ankle) are probable.

For the Cardinals, LB Kevin Minter (hamstring) and DT Dan Williams (not injury related) are out; S Rashad Johnson (finger) is questionable, and WR Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring), RB Rashard Mendengall (toe) and DE Ronald Talley (wrist) are probable.

Upcoming schedule

Sunday: Arizona, 1 p.m.

Oct. 6: Bye

Oct. 13: Philadelphia, 1 p.m.

Oct. 20: at Atlanta, 1 p.m.

nick777777

Starter
« #1 : September 28, 2013, 08:09:08 AM »

I sure hope he's active this could be the spark that this offense needs.  4.2 speed on end arounds and screens.  I was watching his highlights from college again yesterday and can't wait to see what he can do.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : September 28, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »

Big damn deal IMO.

Another player on our team that doesn't want to play football. Yay.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #3 : September 28, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »

What does Carimi have?  The plague?

JM2

Pro Bowler

« #4 : September 28, 2013, 08:27:13 AM »

Gotta wonder if he got MRSA somehow and they are managing to keep it quiet. What other "illness' is gonna keep him completely out for weeks?

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #5 : September 28, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »

Gotta wonder if he got MRSA somehow and they are managing to keep it quiet. What other "illness' is gonna keep him completely out for weeks?

I was joking about that yesterday. 

Maybe though. Maybe.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #6 : September 28, 2013, 08:36:47 AM »

I think Demps could do some big things in a Sproles-like role for us but I don't know if Sullivan and Schiano are creative enough...

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

« #7 : September 28, 2013, 08:46:58 AM »

Big damn deal IMO.

Huh? In his PC yesterday Schiano was raving about how committed he's been and what a team player he's been since he's arrived. To me, that says something since Schiano seemed pissed that he wasn't here all summer during another TC PC.

Look, the guy is passionate about track. Just because someone likes to eat peanut butter doesn't mean they don't like to eat jelly.

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #8 : September 28, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »

Big damn deal IMO.

Huh? In his PC yesterday Schiano was raving about how committed he's been and what a team player he's been since he's arrived. To me, that says something since Schiano seemed pissed that he wasn't here all summer during another TC PC.

Look, the guy is passionate about track. Just because someone likes to eat peanut butter doesn't mean they don't like to eat jelly.

Yes, but at the same time, if I have a job I signed up for, I do it. Not take several days off and choose when i come in when it starts.

He can have that excuse, and the excuses to schiano all he wants, but fact of the matter is, he was playing football before the bucs traded for him, it's not like they went out and bought a track star while he was only doing that.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

« #9 : September 28, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »

Big damn deal IMO.

Yes, but at the same time, if I have a job I signed up for, I do it. Not take several days off and choose when i come in when it starts.

He can have that excuse, and the excuses to schiano all he wants, but fact of the matter is, he was playing football before the bucs traded for him, it's not like they went out and bought a track star while he was only doing that.

Yea, but the boss that hired him knew he was committed to another job.

Actually, your second point is incorrect, and that is documented. Demps was traded from the Patriots, in large part, because he decided to pursue a two-sport career. Look, Demps is at no fault here. If you want to make a snyde remark direct it towards Mark Dominik.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2013/04/bill_belichick_explains_reason_for_trading_jeff_demps

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #10 : September 28, 2013, 09:20:43 AM »

Maybe though. Maybe.

That question was asked in a recent presser.  The answer was "no".

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

freddy

Hall of Famer

« #11 : September 28, 2013, 09:25:22 AM »

Really? With every the absolute flood of leaks pouring out of One Buc Place of late, you think they are keeping a 2nd MRSA outbreak under the wraps?  For all we know this could be another Arron Sears.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #12 : September 28, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »

Maybe though. Maybe.

That question was asked in a recent presser.  The answer was "no".

LoL " ".

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
« #13 : September 28, 2013, 10:04:29 AM »

Schiano said it is not MRSA related.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : September 28, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »

Schiano said it is not MRSA related.

Yup, no reason to question Schiano.. Nope, none at all. 

Big 'ol bag of truth that one is. ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Demps could make debut « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools