Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 09, 2013, 10:57:58 AM

How many snaps has Bowers got this year? i can't remember seeing him on the field.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 09, 2013, 10:59:00 AM

McCoy is worth more off the team than on it. Trade him, take the #1 and $18M of cap room in 2014. That's 4-5 quality players.

Agreed.  Just make sure the 4-5 players don't tell the other team what the play is before the snap.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 09, 2013, 10:59:17 AM

Agreed if it wasn't for our LB core and Barron we would not be able to get to the QB.

GMC has been beast mode. I am still waiting for a real dominate performance out of him like 2+ sack game.

Spence has played pretty well for a rookie.

Bowers and DTN suck (pretty sure DTN was signed by us after he was released by philly, not drafted)

Adrian Clayborn is too inconsistent. One week he is an animal the next he disappears. I thought Arizona's LT was terrible. I didn't hear AC's number called all day?

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 09, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

All in all, we have one of the best 4-3 front 7's in the league. This is rambling. I do agree the pash rush can be better... But considering the past rush of the last four years I wouldn't complain

It's sad they've conditioned us to think what we have is good. It's like they jacked gas up to almost $5 a gallon so now we think $3.50-4.00 is good. They prime us and condition us then change the standard. :(

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 09, 2013, 11:03:04 AM

All in all, we have one of the best 4-3 front 7's in the league. This is rambling. I do agree the pash rush can be better... But considering the past rush of the last four years I wouldn't complain

It's sad they've conditioned us to think what we have is good. It's like they jacked gas up to almost $5 a gallon so now we think $3.50-4.00 is good. They prime us and condition us then change the standard. :(

We were top 5 or something before the bye week in terms of sacks and high up there in pressures. It's a medicore performance out of the front 4 in terms of direct pressure, but the LBs and safeties wouldn't be getting pressure if the d-line wasn't doing their job.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 09, 2013, 11:06:32 AM

We were top 5 or something before the bye week in terms of sacks and high up there in pressures. It's a medicore performance out of the front 4 in terms of direct pressure, but the LBs and safeties wouldn't be getting pressure if the d-line wasn't doing their job.

We were top 5 overall defense in the past. We didn't have to cherry pick specific parts of the defense to say we were top 5. Conditioned! :(
#13 isn't bad overall until you see the O is #31 overall but #32 in total points. The Jags have more points then us! The Broncos put up more points in 1 game then we did in 4 games!
: October 09, 2013, 11:09:54 AM XCal

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 09, 2013, 11:32:44 AM

How many snaps has Bowers got this year? i can't remember seeing him on the field.

Out of about 290 defensive snaps, Bowers has played 85 of them, with the vast majority of those being passing downs.  Bowers hasn't done squat as of yet.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 09, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

I won't complain about te front four. They've been awesome against the run and they've played the scheme well enough opening up the backers for clear runs at the QB. Weren't we leading the league in sacks or close to it before the bye week? Yes I'd like to see more pressure from Bowers and AC but as a whole, the front 7 has been solid

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 09, 2013, 01:44:00 PM

5 sacks from the starting front four.

That is rambling?

That is not rambling.  That is reality, and they need to step it up.  They aren't getting the job done.

I think he was talking about the fact that it read like a 5th grader wrote it.

So now we're getting pressures and sacks but the fans are still unhappy because the d-lineman aren't the ones getting the sacks?

I remember before the season started, it was pretty much a concensus that no one cared who got the sacks, as long as the QB was taken down. Guess now we won't be happy until each end has 10 sacks and each DT has 8. We're getting a lot of sacks, we're at or near the top in the league per game, just be happy with it.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 09, 2013, 01:52:10 PM

5 sacks from the starting front four.

That is rambling?

That is not rambling.  That is reality, and they need to step it up.  They aren't getting the job done.

I think he was talking about the fact that it read like a 5th grader wrote it.

So now we're getting pressures and sacks but the fans are still unhappy because the d-lineman aren't the ones getting the sacks?

I remember before the season started, it was pretty much a concensus that no one cared who got the sacks, as long as the QB was taken down. Guess now we won't be happy until each end has 10 sacks and each DT has 8. We're getting a lot of sacks, we're at or near the top in the league per game, just be happy with it.

They need to hit home with their sacks to be good. Thats what D-Lineman should do, sack the QB. Anything less is unacceptable, tons of QBs face pressure/tons of D-lines get pressure. Its the NFL, sacks aregame changers.

El Diablo

Starter

#25 : October 09, 2013, 02:05:05 PM

At this rate McCoy will have 28 tackles and 8 sacks which would be a solid year. an "animal" is a little much imo just a good football player. And before you mention it I do know he is disruptive.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 09, 2013, 03:33:13 PM

we just dumped a potential franchise qb for nothing, we are 0-4, there's talk of the coach losing the locker room, the O-line has struggled as has our running game and the entire offense in general, we are starting a rookie QB ... . .  questions about the play calling  but hey, why not . .  let's add in "the D-line sucks" . .  . especially while we're on track for 50+ sacks, 9th against the run, top half in interceptions

(last part . . . a joke . . . sort of . .  .)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 09, 2013, 04:26:46 PM

After getting injured 2 games ago, Michael Bennett played and had three more QB pressures on Sunday.  But we're good with Bowers and DTN playing lights out on the left side.

You're not supposed to bring that up. People get sensitive.

The people who went on and on and on about how good Bowers was going to be and injured/overrated Bennett was?  Yes, those people do tend to get sensitive when they are slapped in the face with reality.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 09, 2013, 05:21:29 PM

After getting injured 2 games ago, Michael Bennett played and had three more QB pressures on Sunday.  But we're good with Bowers and DTN playing lights out on the left side.

You're not supposed to bring that up. People get sensitive.

The people who went on and on and on about how good Bowers was going to be and injured/overrated Bennett was?  Yes, those people do tend to get sensitive when they are slapped in the face with reality.

I don't know of anyone that thinks Bennett wasn't good for us last year, he played great. What many thought and the point you seem to be missing is that he wasn't going to get the long term, big money deal he wanted here so he left and ended up taking what he could get in Seattle. Maybe we offered him a year deal, maybe he didn't even want to hear about a one year deal at the time, maybe we never offered him anything. But he isn't a guy worth 6-8 million a year with his injury history and the fact that he's had one good season. Also he's never sack drew brees or matt ryan and those are the important sacks. He didn't get it done in the games that matter most to this team.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 09, 2013, 05:54:23 PM

I've always though AC would be better off as a LDE in the NFL. No way did I ever think he'd be a sackmaster in the NFL at RDE. His potential at RDE is 8-10 sacks at most while a guy like Robert Quinn who is way better RDE, best season will probably be the 15-16 mark somewhere in his career.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools