Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 09, 2013, 07:47:40 PM

we just dumped a potential franchise qb for nothing, we are 0-4, there's talk of the coach losing the locker room, the O-line has struggled as has our running game and the entire offense in general, we are starting a rookie QB ... . .  questions about the play calling  but hey, why not . .  let's add in "the D-line sucks" . .  . especially while we're on track for 50+ sacks, 9th against the run, top half in interceptions

(last part . . . a joke . . . sort of . .  .)

wtf are you talking about "for nothing?"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 09, 2013, 08:11:28 PM

McCoy is worth more off the team than on it. Trade him, take the #1 and $18M of cap room in 2014. That's 4-5 quality players.
GTFOH

Stud UTs are not falling out of trees, no need to trade ours.
: October 09, 2013, 08:16:14 PM youngone

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 09, 2013, 08:20:19 PM

McCoy is worth more off the team than on it. Trade him, take the #1 and $18M of cap room in 2014. That's 4-5 quality players.
GTFOH

Stud UTs are not falling out of trees, no need to trade ours.

He needs to finish the year with double digit sacks.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 09, 2013, 08:54:12 PM

Mccoy is a keeper but the rest are underwhelming.  Dom can't pick linemen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 09, 2013, 08:58:18 PM

5 sacks from the starting front four.

That is rambling?

That is not rambling.  That is reality, and they need to step it up.  They aren't getting the job done.

I think he was talking about the fact that it read like a 5th grader wrote it.

So now we're getting pressures and sacks but the fans are still unhappy because the d-lineman aren't the ones getting the sacks?

I remember before the season started, it was pretty much a concensus that no one cared who got the sacks, as long as the QB was taken down. Guess now we won't be happy until each end has 10 sacks and each DT has 8. We're getting a lot of sacks, we're at or near the top in the league per game, just be happy with it.

They need to hit home with their sacks to be good. Thats what D-Lineman should do, sack the QB. Anything less is unacceptable, tons of QBs face pressure/tons of D-lines get pressure. Its the NFL, sacks aregame changers.
Exactly.

BucNY still hasn't bought that book yet...you wanna talk about semantics and how to write?

BA HA HA HA HA!  Okay King Verbosity.  Any day.

Want to do an algebra contest next?  How about physics?

He mad as hell, and onion skinned like a baby. 

Front FOUR is not getting it done.  They are not bringing any pressure.

Just a FOOTBALL observation, and it is a worthy one considering the draft status of some of these cats, and the fact we let MB walk, after home growing him into being a relatively decent, and by far better DE than what the BUcs are utilizing right now.

Rambling = fifth grader?

I think the point is made BucNY.  Again, purchase a BOOK (not a coloring one), and stop being so sensitive Nancy pants.  Sissy.
: October 09, 2013, 10:26:28 PM Boid Fink

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 09, 2013, 10:07:20 PM

we just dumped a potential franchise qb for nothing, we are 0-4, there's talk of the coach losing the locker room, the O-line has struggled as has our running game and the entire offense in general, we are starting a rookie QB ... . .  questions about the play calling  but hey, why not . .  let's add in "the D-line sucks" . .  . especially while we're on track for 50+ sacks, 9th against the run, top half in interceptions

(last part . . . a joke . . . sort of . .  .)

wtf are you talking about "for nothing?"

got nothing is what I meant, not for no reason

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 09, 2013, 10:14:14 PM

A three technique defensive tackle with double digit sacks is a little too much too expect... no?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 09, 2013, 10:27:19 PM

Is there an "its awesome we have 13 sacks" thread?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 09, 2013, 10:29:15 PM

A HA HA HA!

Sure..but only five of them come from the front four that starts.

King David and Mase do a lot of damage.  They are solid, and David is pro bowler.  Pay da man! (in a few seasons)

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 09, 2013, 10:47:31 PM

I don't give a rats ass if it was Barron and Revis getting all the sacks... A sack is a sack.

Last year people complained about our blitzes that never got home, so I'm not going to complain now that their working.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 09, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

FRONT FOUR.  NOT FRONT SEVEN.

Sheesh...hearing aid?  Visual aids?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 09, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

They bring their part to the table.. Our run defense is still good and they are getting more pressures.. The sacks from the DLine should be coming I believe.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 10, 2013, 12:01:47 AM

They bring their part to the table.. Our run defense is still good and they are getting more pressures.. The sacks from the DLine should be coming I believe.

Overall, I have been underwhelmed by the amount of pass rush by the front four as well. I feel what Boid is saying here. I get that the front 7 is playing the run very well, and they seem to get good pressure in the first half, but it completely falls off in the second half. The blitzes are having some success this year. Barron, Foster, David, and even Watson have done a good job when being sent after the QB. The problem that is being missed when looking at just sack #s and #s of pressures, is that it doesn't always show when in the game they are occurring, and who is making the sacks. Looking at the 4 games this year, the defense began dropping a a few more games back into coverage. In turn, that means less blitzing. When we rely on just the front 4 to rush the QB late in games, they aren't getting to the QB. Getting sacks is important, but getting them(along with pressure) at crucial times, is very important. They need to get better at getting to the QB in the 2nd half. Period.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 10, 2013, 08:35:08 AM

A three technique defensive tackle with double digit sacks is a little too much too expect... no?

No it's not.

Double digit sacks=beast.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 10, 2013, 08:45:20 AM

No it's not.

Double digit sacks=beast.
This just in - Warren Sapp ~= beast for 6 of the 9 seasons he played for the Bucs.

(Not that McCoy is another Sapp, of course.  But that's hardly a damning indictment.)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools