Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 10, 2013, 08:57:04 AM

They bring their part to the table.. Our run defense is still good and they are getting more pressures.. The sacks from the DLine should be coming I believe.

I disagree. After th first couple of weeks we were 1st in the NFL with sacks, After the pats game (where we stopped blitzing after the first half, for some reason), we fell to top ten. After the cardinals game (again, blitzing seemed limited), we have fallen to the middle of the pack in the NFL. For some unknown reason the blitzes have significantly decreased, which is unfortunate it was one of the few things this team did well.

If left on their own, as they have been lately, the defensive line is a joke. They cannot run schemes that require pressure from the front four as the opposing QB chews us up (Carson Palmer in the second half). These clowns that want Lovie Smith hired would see our defensive line exposed under that worn out shell defense.

Numbers:

Landri-0
McCoy-2
Bowers-0 (what a waste of a a pick, Dominik sucks)
Clayborn-2
Gholston-0
Scott-0
DTN-1
Means-0
Spence-1

Safety:
Barron-1

Linebacker
David-3
Foster-2
Watson-1

GMC and Clayborn are known commodities, although I think both should have high sack totals, especially Clayborn. That is what elite D-lineman do, a la San Fran, Houston etc.
None of these other D-lineman are stepping up. Failing to register one sack when you have a quality DT like McCoy is inexcusable. More trash draft picks by Dominik, IMO. GMs earn their keep in the late rounds. Even I could have success in the 1st round as a GM. I certainly would not have picked Bowers.
: October 10, 2013, 08:58:44 AM warrenfb12

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 10, 2013, 09:03:45 AM

This is more of the ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW generation that just HAS to nitpick complain about something, anything. This defense is MUCH improved overall from what we had last year, while last year the only thing improved was the rush defense. This team had too many issues to be able to correct everything in one or two offseasons. Points win games and the Bucs are only behind Carolina, Kansas City, and New England, in points allowed. Right now the big problems are on offense. The OL performance is much more troubling since we can't move the ball in the air or on the ground.

Why not complain about that one cheerleader with the wart?  Sheees

Oh yeah, and double digit sacks for DTs is NOT the norm.
: October 10, 2013, 09:06:13 AM 1sparkybuc

youngone

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 10, 2013, 09:15:54 AM

They bring their part to the table.. Our run defense is still good and they are getting more pressures.. The sacks from the DLine should be coming I believe.

Overall, I have been underwhelmed by the amount of pass rush by the front four as well. I feel what Boid is saying here. I get that the front 7 is playing the run very well, and they seem to get good pressure in the first half, but it completely falls off in the second half. The blitzes are having some success this year. Barron, Foster, David, and even Watson have done a good job when being sent after the QB. The problem that is being missed when looking at just sack #s and #s of pressures, is that it doesn't always show when in the game they are occurring, and who is making the sacks. Looking at the 4 games this year, the defense began dropping a a few more games back into coverage. In turn, that means less blitzing. When we rely on just the front 4 to rush the QB late in games, they aren't getting to the QB. Getting sacks is important, but getting them(along with pressure) at crucial times, is very important. They need to get better at getting to the QB in the 2nd half. Period.
This defense has to pitch a near perfect game every game just to keep this team close because the offense can't sustain a decent drive in any half to save their life and so far they've done that.. So what the front four doesn't have the gaudy sack numbers everybody wants.. They have been coming up big every week, so I can't say that unit hasn't been getting the job done.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 10, 2013, 09:19:15 AM

This is more of the ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW generation that just HAS to nitpick complain about something, anything. This defense is MUCH improved overall from what we had last year, while last year the only thing improved was the rush defense. This team had too many issues to be able to correct everything in one or two offseasons. Points win games and the Bucs are only behind Carolina, Kansas City, and New England, in points allowed. Right now the big problems are on offense. The OL performance is much more troubling since we can't move the ball in the air or on the ground.

Stopped reading after the first line. This is a win, win, win, win, be elite generation. I am a fan of your football team, you have an expectation to be good, it is your job to make us good, you atheletes are getting paid unreal money to be good...it's time to be good. I am tired of losing and players not developing. Over the past decade fans around here have decided that almost is good enough. Well it's not. (newsflash we aren't even qualified for almost, we haven't seen the playoffs since the 07 season and haven't seen a post season win in a decade. That is a complete failure) At some point, after Sapp, Brooks, John Lynch and those guys left we started accepting mediocre. It's too bad fans have fallen this low.

This generation is about accountability.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#49 : October 10, 2013, 09:37:45 AM

I don't know of anyone that thinks Bennett wasn't good for us last year, he played great. What many thought and the point you seem to be missing is that he wasn't going to get the long term, big money deal he wanted here so he left and ended up taking what he could get in Seattle. Maybe we offered him a year deal, maybe he didn't even want to hear about a one year deal at the time, maybe we never offered him anything. But he isn't a guy worth 6-8 million a year with his injury history and the fact that he's had one good season. Also he's never sack drew brees or matt ryan and those are the important sacks. He didn't get it done in the games that matter most to this team.

Says one of the posters who went on and on and on about Bennett?  After watching how poorly Bowers and DTN have played and how well Bennett is playing, why is it so difficult for you people to eat it and admit you were wrong?

A three technique defensive tackle with double digit sacks is a little too much too expect... no?

No it's not.

Sweet.  How many DT's recorded double-digit sacks in 2012?  2011? 2010?

How many seasons do you have to go back to find 5 DT's that recorded double-digit sacks?  Maybe after doing this research, you'll have a clue.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 10, 2013, 09:40:07 AM

Stopped reading after the first line. This is a win, win, win, win, be elite generation. I am a fan of your football team, you have an expectation to be good, it is your job to make us good, you atheletes are getting paid unreal money to be good...it's time to be good. I am tired of losing and players not developing. Over the past decade fans around here have decided that almost is good enough. Well it's not. (newsflash we aren't even qualified for almost, we haven't seen the playoffs since the 07 season and haven't seen a post season win in a decade. That is a complete failure) At some point, after Sapp, Brooks, John Lynch and those guys left we started accepting mediocre. It's too bad fans have fallen this low.

The D is doing their part in points allowed. They deserve credit for that. The OL is a much bigger problem and deserves the blame.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 10, 2013, 10:00:25 AM

I don't know of anyone that thinks Bennett wasn't good for us last year, he played great. What many thought and the point you seem to be missing is that he wasn't going to get the long term, big money deal he wanted here so he left and ended up taking what he could get in Seattle. Maybe we offered him a year deal, maybe he didn't even want to hear about a one year deal at the time, maybe we never offered him anything. But he isn't a guy worth 6-8 million a year with his injury history and the fact that he's had one good season. Also he's never sack drew brees or matt ryan and those are the important sacks. He didn't get it done in the games that matter most to this team.

Says one of the posters who went on and on and on about Bennett?  After watching how poorly Bowers and DTN have played and how well Bennett is playing, why is it so difficult for you people to eat it and admit you were wrong?

A three technique defensive tackle with double digit sacks is a little too much too expect... no?

No it's not.

How many seasons do you have to go back to find 5 DT's that recorded double-digit sacks?  Maybe after doing this research, you'll have a clue.

It doesn't matter. He is good at this point.

In order to be elite he needs 10 sacks in my book. Get to the QB and sack him. I don't care about hurries.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 10, 2013, 10:03:57 AM

The D is doing their part in points allowed. They deserve credit for that. The OL is a much bigger problem and deserves the blame.

Agreed D is doing a good job, O-line looks like sh!t. D-line doesn't look great either, they can do more McCoy and Clayborn have serious ability, time to grow up and take down the QB. Defense needs to stop cracking in the fourth qtr as well. Play 60 minutes not 58.30. The whole team needs to step it's play up.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#53 : October 10, 2013, 10:16:20 AM

In order to be elite he needs 10 sacks in my book. Get to the QB and sack him. I don't care about hurries.

So, you're one of those people that ignore every fact put in front of you in favor of your own inferior opinions?  Bad form, Warren.  Bad form.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 10, 2013, 10:29:26 AM

13 years/ 12 Seasons - 9 Players.     Don't get me wrong - McCoy is capable and that is a benchmark he should be shooting for as it's rare air.

http://pfref.com/tiny/eiwBn

Some around here will call the dude a bust if he doesn't get to the dbl digit mark...

: October 10, 2013, 10:44:20 AM blind melon

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 10, 2013, 10:35:55 AM

So, you're one of those people that ignore every fact put in front of you in favor of your own inferior opinions?  Bad form, Warren.  Bad form.

It's not like that bro. I know he is good, he is a pro-bowl player. Some argue him and Geno Atkins are the best. I am sure that the DT that gets 10+ sacks is an anomoly. I conceed that you are probably right in that aspect. I just want the guy to hit home, make some more plays for this team. He is probably the best player on our roster and the leader of our defense. I would like to see him become an absolute force, which he seems capable of doing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 10, 2013, 01:20:17 PM

It's not like that bro. I know he is good, he is a pro-bowl player. Some argue him and Geno Atkins are the best. I am sure that the DT that gets 10+ sacks is an anomoly. I conceed that you are probably right in that aspect. I just want the guy to hit home, make some more plays for this team. He is probably the best player on our roster and the leader of our defense. I would like to see him become an absolute force, which he seems capable of doing.
Double digit sack total s from DTs pretty much  places them in elite category.  To consistently do it means eventual induction into HOF.  Now if McCoy had ANY help from the linemen around him, DTN is garbage, DQB is worse, and AC is meh, then he could be a double didgit guy, if not close.  Perhaps a seven or eight sack guy would be fine.  He is disruptive, he makes a qb move off his landmarks, that is good.  BUt the other guys are not getting any help, and are not winning their 1v1's.  Consistently getting walled.  There is a lot of investment placed in those guys, and for them to be so bad is an issue with me.  If not for you guys, it will be soon enough.  They rush four and the QB gets literally 5-6 seconds to scan a field.  Even the Freetard could make two reads given that much time...

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 14, 2013, 11:58:20 AM

Epic fail yesterday as well..

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 14, 2013, 12:02:02 PM

Too many stunts.

And the Amoeba defense made its presence felt on the first play of the game.  Two **CENSORED**ing weeks and that crap was trotted out there against a Chip Kelly offense.  SMH.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 14, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

TRASH!!

For those saying we have sacks this year, so why are we complaining?

Well...the FRIGGIN FRONT FOUR IS NOT DOING THEIR FRIGGIN JOB!  SACKING THE QB IS PART AND PARCEL TO BEING A D-LINEMEN.  IT GETS THEM PAID!  DTN is crap.  DQB is a bust. A complete and total bust.  I cannot believe that Selvie (who I thought was a trash heap) has been effective for the Cowgirls, and here we are, toting DTN and DQB as the guys who "next man upped".

BAH!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Bucs Front Four « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools