Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on 2nd half adjustments « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

80sucks

Starter

#30 : October 14, 2013, 01:02:04 PM

RGS, there is a big difference between "Halftime Adjustments" and "Second Half Adjustments".  In the quote, Schiano says "Halftime adjustments" - not 2nd half, not in-game.  They won the first half of the game, so why would you want to change from the first half?  It's what happened during the 2nd half that needed adjusting to.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 14, 2013, 01:04:25 PM

The game is dynamic, not static 80. Coaches make adjustments as the opposing team is adjusting to what we are doing to come out better prepared in the second half. Mix it up.

Are you saying that we don't have a strong indication of being consistently out-coached in the second half here?

80sucks

Starter

#32 : October 14, 2013, 01:11:30 PM

The game is dynamic, not static 80. Coaches make adjustments as the opposing team is adjusting to what we are doing to come out better prepared in the second half. Mix it up.

Are you saying that we don't have a strong indication of being consistently out-coached in the second half here?

I absolutely thing we are being out-coached in the second half of games - consistently.  But I think people are completely blowing this quote out of proportion.  As you said, the game is dynamic; changes need to be made continuously throughout the game.  You don't do one set of massive changes only at halftime.  And I think Coach is right - these guys need to get their bodies right during halftime, get fluids, get fuel.  It's not like you can take a pee break during the third quarter.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 14, 2013, 01:15:55 PM

disagree strongly

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schiano on 2nd half adjustments « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools