Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What second half adjustments should have been implemented? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 13, 2013, 11:29:43 PM

Just curious, but what as a head coach, what would any of you done differently in the second half?

The players are missing assignments, they are not playing well as a group.  It is all starting to crumble.

At some point, the players (particularly the front four, and the O-line, both of which are heaping piles) have to be held accountable as well.

But what second half adjustsments do you make?  For all of you braying about second half adjustments, EXACTLY what would you have done?

Spare the "give the players adderal at halftime" nonsense, please.

: October 14, 2013, 10:00:07 PM Boid Fink

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 13, 2013, 11:31:40 PM

I suspect this thread is going to be a thin one.  At best.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 13, 2013, 11:31:58 PM

Press at the line the Eagles WR's

Go away from zone.

Double A gap blitzies forcing Foles to flee

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 13, 2013, 11:32:29 PM

For starters, I would put Revis on Jackson after letting him get a TD before because of a blown BS zone call... Wait, I would have Revis on Jackson the whole game...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 13, 2013, 11:34:17 PM

Another adjustment would have been take Tandy out of the dime packages as he allowed multiple 3rd and long completions.  Barron was doing poorly with his zone drops and the Bucs should have gone m2m.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 13, 2013, 11:36:35 PM

Banks was on his island today...and it was not pretty.

So M2M is effective with no pass rush?  Nope.

Front four is a big fail.  They generate limited pass rush, and it is a major issue.  DTN and Bowers suck.  Period.  No getting around it.  They are whatthey are...garbage.

McCoy is a baller.

AC is alright.

With no pass rush on third and long the Bucs almost have to play zone.  Problem is, the players suck at it, and Banks is lost at the moment.

sg1977nc

Starter
#6 : October 13, 2013, 11:36:43 PM

Stop putting Revis in zone, put him on Jackson and roll coverage accordingly.  Stop stunting with McCoy, but like the other guy said...would have been doing that all game.  You have the best cover corner in the league playing zone and one of the best 3 tech DT's in the league stunting...awesome.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 13, 2013, 11:36:46 PM

Banks is a press guy like Revis and Cooper owened him when he was able to get a free release multiple times.  Banks' game isn't about speed downfield but physical press play at the line but the coaches put him in poor situations more than once.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 13, 2013, 11:37:30 PM

Chicken or egg?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 13, 2013, 11:38:41 PM

Banks was on his island today...and it was not pretty.

So M2M is effective with no pass rush?  Nope.

Front four is a big fail.  They generate limited pass rush, and it is a major issue.  DTN and Bowers suck.  Period.  No getting around it.  They are whatthey are...garbage.

McCoy is a baller.

AC is alright.

With no pass rush on third and long the Bucs almost have to play zone.  Problem is, the players suck at it, and Banks is lost at the moment.

M2M doesn't work when you don't press at the line and allowe the Eagles with quick hitters WR bubble screens, dig routes, etc.   Having Revis lock down a WR in m2m coverage means you can roll over help for Banks or send an extra blitzer.

Incompetent coaches are incompetent.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 13, 2013, 11:41:47 PM

Stop putting Revis in zone, put him on Jackson and roll coverage accordingly.  Stop stunting with McCoy, but like the other guy said...would have been doing that all game.  You have the best cover corner in the league playing zone and one of the best 3 tech DT's in the league stunting...awesome.

Yeah the stunting was annoying but I guess I have blacked out from the sheer amount I have seen lately haha.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 13, 2013, 11:43:25 PM

The bubble screen have been killing the Bucs for a while now.

What is suprising is the players cannot adjust to the action as it occurs...it is like they are clueless, and rely completely on "scheme" to keep them functional.

M2M doesn't work if you try to jam Desean Jackson and he flies right by you.  He would run right by Revis, fact.  Revis wouldn't jam him every play with success, and those plays kill you.

Banks is physical, but he was getting worked by a bigger Riley Cooper, so "jamming" him serves no use as Racist can fly right by MRSA at any time, and he did.

The blitzes coming from the LBers are nice, but the F4 is a dismal bunch of halfhacks.  THEY need to bring some sort of pressure and get their targets off their landmarks.  They simply are not doing their job and it screws with the entire defense.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 13, 2013, 11:45:36 PM

The games the front four play do not work.  Stunts and twists, and travelling to China and back to finally pick a path of resistance is a FAIL.

But I doubt going M2M would help the Bucs.  It wouldn't.

They got burned in man, and Revis playing Zone is awful...what a conundrum.  The team is screwed gents.

I say two wins now.  Maybe Carolina ONCE and Buffalo once.

Maybe Saints late in the year...but even then I doubt it.  By then they will have tuned out S and KNOW he is on his death knell as an NFL coach.  He will never work in the NFL as a HC again.  Ever.

His dreams have been squashed as a result of pure incompetence.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 13, 2013, 11:46:53 PM

I think everyone mentioned the defensive adjustments.  On offense, how many screens did we run?  A quick WR bubble screen could have been very effective.  The eagles were playing deep and the short to intermediate routes were working well.  Also, how many counter run plays or outside the Tackle runs did we have.  Also, we are pretty predictable.  If lorig is in the game 80% of the time it is a run.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 13, 2013, 11:47:16 PM

The bubble screen have been killing the Bucs for a while now.

What is suprising is the players cannot adjust to the action as it occurs...it is like they are clueless, and rely completely on "scheme" to keep them functional.

M2M doesn't work if you try to jam Desean Jackson and he flies right by you.  He would run right by Revis, fact.  Revis wouldn't jam him every play with success, and those plays kill you.

Banks is physical, but he was getting worked by a bigger Riley Cooper, so "jamming" him serves no use as Racist can fly right by MRSA at any time, and he did.

The blitzes coming from the LBers are nice, but the F4 is a dismal bunch of halfhacks.  THEY need to bring some sort of pressure and get their targets off their landmarks.  They simply are not doing their job and it screws with the entire defense.

DJax flew right by zone and made Revis look silly.  Your odds are better m2m Revis against DJax.

Banks let Cooper a free release and the refs didn't call the pass interference downfield.  I guess Underwood had done it too many time haha unlike Cooper.

Hard for the front four to get pressure when the Eagles were mainly doing a bunch of screens, quick hitters, draws, slants, and posts.  Kelly's offense is about speed, not long developing plays.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What second half adjustments should have been implemented? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools