Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What second half adjustments should have been implemented? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 13, 2013, 11:48:06 PM

Where was Leonard "Shutdown" Johnson today?  He was sorely missed. :-)

I liked the splitbacks with Demps & Martin both in there... flare passes...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 13, 2013, 11:48:43 PM

What is the F4's excuse for every game they have played to date?

Eagles, Jets, Moscow Blackstorm, the pressure is not getting there because the guys rushing the QB are terrible as a group.  Period.

The scheme, the players...both are worked.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 13, 2013, 11:49:01 PM

I would tell everyone to PUMP THE BRAKES!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 13, 2013, 11:50:05 PM

And not using Brian Leonard is weird.  Not sure why Mike James is getting the calls...but I guess we can see what he is made of.

He is about as elusive as a mounted safe.

The holding calls killed so many dreams today...fricken awful play by the O-line.  Just a bunch of wimps.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 13, 2013, 11:51:02 PM

I think everyone mentioned the defensive adjustments.  On offense, how many screens did we run?  A quick WR bubble screen could have been very effective.  The eagles were playing deep and the short to intermediate routes were working well.  Also, how many counter run plays or outside the Tackle runs did we have.  Also, we are pretty predictable.  If lorig is in the game 80% of the time it is a run.

I did not like the max protect formations where there was 1 or 2 eligible WR's max that they ran a few times.  The Bucs don't have a DeSean Jackson that can beat a jam at the line 1v1 to calling that type of formations and plays.  Especially with M. Williams out that leaves V Jax.

It also made no sense to me why the Bucs were using heavy bunch formations when they should have just spread the Eagles out far more.  Wright was killing them when the Bucs went spread.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 13, 2013, 11:52:48 PM

I think everyone mentioned the defensive adjustments.  On offense, how many screens did we run?  A quick WR bubble screen could have been very effective.  The eagles were playing deep and the short to intermediate routes were working well.  Also, how many counter run plays or outside the Tackle runs did we have.  Also, we are pretty predictable.  If lorig is in the game 80% of the time it is a run.

I did not like the max protect formations where there was 1 or 2 eligible WR's max that they ran a few times.  The Bucs don't have a DeSean Jackson that can beat a jam at the line 1v1 to calling that type of formations and plays.  Especially with M. Williams out that leaves V Jax.

It also made no sense to me why the Bucs were using heavy bunch formations when they should have just spread the Eagles out far more.  Wright was killing them when the Bucs went spread.
It makes sense by your own words...

You said they were backed up on defense, and the Bucs went heavy.  They should have been able to generate a nice run game given what you painted for us.

The Bucs are not smart, but they are not good either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 13, 2013, 11:58:20 PM

It makes sense by your own words...

You said they were backed up on defense, and the Bucs went heavy.  They should have been able to generate a nice run game given what you painted for us.

The Bucs are not smart, but they are not good either.

Well the penalties didn't help.  But Glennon couldn't nail downfield passes so the Eagles defense didn't really need to change much.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 14, 2013, 12:03:13 AM

1) why is revis ever out of m2m? Not in my system. He's locking down the number one the whole game.

2) press coverage would've been better starting out the third quarter.

3) why worry about the run? It's not what's going to beat you once they've already slapped points on you in the passing game. Concentrate on getting to foles first and foremost, and allow revis and Co to do what they do best by cleaning it up afterwards.

4) stop with the stunts. Several stunts a game are good enough to keep the offense guessing. Go directly at the QB, ..do not pass go, ..do not collect 200.

5) probably the most important of failures in schiano's reign. Timing. Stop sitting on leads when there is hardly any lead to begin with. Keep putting up points and doing what you've been doing.  Throwing everyone in zone at halftime isn't a "smart adjustment." 

Really, once they get into full-time zone coverage, they're done for. Might as well call it the v-coverage.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 14, 2013, 12:09:48 AM

no concern with the stunts really...but the staff has shown no ability to adapt or change. I think Schiano is so stubborn he doesn't alter anything no matter what and thinks it is right. Revis should have been covering the #1. Why he keeps playing him in zone is beyond me. He played WAY too much zone today.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2013, 12:10:10 AM

More like the Maginot coverage haha.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 14, 2013, 12:16:12 AM

I would like to see another back utilized into the system.  If for nothing else but to make the other team scheme differently for a bit. I saw a couple of runs by James but it is a joke at this point.  This was talked about in the offseason and absolutely no adjustments.  Total fail and Martin seems to be worse to top it off. 

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 14, 2013, 01:06:04 AM

Shiano is Eric Mangini 2.0

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 14, 2013, 01:02:05 PM

Def. press coverage, A-gap heat. We were burnt on long developing routes it was kind of sickening to watch. More Mike James, Doug is getting the snot kicked out of him, needs a break. Sit underwood, insert paige/owusu, he cost use at least one long TD in the first half, and an interception right outta the gate in the second half. Lose the excessive zone coverage against "the great Nick Foles."

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 14, 2013, 09:27:52 PM

Underwood is absolute trash.  Just a steaming pile of high top crap. 

He has shown what he is, and what he always will be.  REPLACEABLE.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What second half adjustments should have been implemented? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools