Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the entire OL regressing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 14, 2013, 10:13:23 AM

You're right, its quite the opposite really. Every week I watch this offensive line get pushed back and owned... maybe its because the defense is not running a bunch of stupid stunts.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 14, 2013, 10:16:54 AM

I'm at a loss. I thought Bostad would be great for us for a long time, but our oline is dreadful. It was better in 2010 with all back ups. I have no clue what is happening. All I know is moving forward we should assume Nicks and Joseph are no longer going to be part of this team.

Why judge Bostad with our Oline situation? Josesph was always a little overrated, is now worse after not playing all last year, and is getting old. Penn is getting old, was overrated, has only look consistent maybe 1 year, and is worse now. Nicks' story needs no explanation and it doesnt have anything to do with Bostad. Zuttah is a below average starting Olineman but he's versatile. I'd say those combine to make an average Oline where pass blocking is some times bad, some times decent, and running blocking is bad.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 14, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

There are plenty of olines across the NFL that are doing more with less. In 2010, we even did more with a lot less. It comes down to coaching.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 14, 2013, 10:35:37 AM

There are plenty of olines across the NFL that are doing more with less. In 2010, we even did more with a lot less. It comes down to coaching.

I thought Bostad did an outstanding job last year with so many injuries along the offensive line. I mean, Dougie did kill it so there is your evidence. I can't put all the blame on Bostad for this year. The scheme has been resistant to change and that has hurt the ground game more than anything imo. The Bucs are devoid of talent on the offensive line now. With pretty poor QB play and no middle of the field threat, teams have put NINE in the box for the Bucs when they go 22 personnel. The offensive line is not very physical and Lorig just runs blindly to the hole called to run through. Defenses just follow Lorig and shut down Martin. When the Bucs have spread it out in 11 personnel or if even 20 personnel, they have had a ton of big runs. I understand that Schiano envisioned this extremely physical and overpowering offensive line running downhill, with a strong game manager at QB. This plan has not worked out, but Schiano is stubborn and won't try to play to the limited strengths that the Bucs do have on offense. Bostad can't do much.

meatwad4343

Starter

#19 : October 14, 2013, 10:55:55 AM

with all the money we threw around this offseason I was really hoping we would have picked up jake long

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 14, 2013, 11:09:23 AM

I think it's the opposite...it comes down to players.  Why is it that the only time our online looks decent is when it's comprised, mostly, of backups??  It's because the starters are just plain bad, but have managed to keep their jobs due to investment, such as draft pick status, salary, or hype.  The coaching is solid as evidenced by good back up play.
Our first step to fixing our online is to cut Davin Joseph.   He is symbolic of our offensive line in general... He has never ever been good, yet you wouldn't know it hearing the praise he gets, the same can be applied to the online.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 14, 2013, 11:11:21 AM

I think it's the opposite...it comes down to players.  Why is it that the only time our online looks decent is when it's comprised, mostly, of backups??  It's because the starters are just plain bad, but have managed to keep their jobs due to investment, such as draft pick status, salary, or hype.  The coaching is solid as evidenced by good back up play.
Our first step to fixing our online is to cut Davin Joseph.   He is symbolic of our offensive line in general... He has never ever been good, yet you wouldn't know it hearing the praise he gets, the same can be applied to the online.
Spot on.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 14, 2013, 11:13:04 AM

Meredith is capable starting right guard.  Dotson and him can hold down the right side.  Zuttah is a toss up but he sticks for now.  Penn is question mark?  Left guard needs to be addressed somehow as Nicks appears to be done.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 14, 2013, 11:17:38 AM

Meredith is awful dude. Just awful.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2013, 11:19:05 AM

Not compared to Joseph haha.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 14, 2013, 11:42:44 AM

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is the entire OL regressing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools