Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Foles...."It felt like it was a home game" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 14, 2013, 08:08:52 AM

Yeah and you can stop that, as the Pats for example you show, by motioning a guy onto the Revis side of the field. Now, where will you "roll" coverage too. I can cherry pick formations to make it look like you can do that. Do you roll to the Revis side or to the other side?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 14, 2013, 08:24:21 AM

Most teams will cherish the opportunity to get their best WR ISO'ed on one side of the field . They purposely align their formations to try and achieve that . If they want to do otherwise because of fear of Revis , good . That only helps us shut down their best WR...we've won half the battle already. 

This is all a moot point anyways because I don't believe Revis can do this right now , and if he could they probably still wouldn't test him. Why should they ? Banks and Leonard can't cover anyone even with help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 14, 2013, 08:30:16 AM

Fair points. Here is my take on the situation.

You don't bring in the best CB in the entire league, pay him 19mil a year, and say ok, we are going to dumb you down to the level of our other pedestrian CB's.  We will put you in zone, just so the others can look halfway decent.

The better approach would be to play him in man where he excels. And tell the others, look guys, you are playing with the best CB in the game, you all are going to have to raise your level of play now.  If they can't cover the opponents #2 WR, maybe they shouldn't be here at all.

I generally agree that if you pay a dude $16m you are paying him to put the cape on every Sunday. I think the problem is we did that, we got the guy and then realized that doing that won't work for us. Like I said we're in sort of a box. We should use him as you say...he should bump and run all day on whoever the #1 is for the other team even if that guy is Jimmy Graham for example.

Revis is a great example of Dom throwing money at a problem and not thinking about solving a problem. He's a bit Danny Snider in that sense building a roster of names and not a team that plays a game together. Revis doesn't mesh with the other parts we have drafted and signed which say we want to play a zone scheme not a wide open man attack. I mean we don't even have a guy we can play single high safety and risk man under coverage,

Too bad Revis wasn't here last year when we played 90% man coverage in 15 out of 16 games.  Why aren't we running that defense this year?  We ran that defense with the wrong personnel and now we run this defense with Revis. None of this makes any sense.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 14, 2013, 08:36:05 AM

Some very interesting comments there.  Some of those player comments give me the sense he is close to losing the team.  I hear desperation.

Good for Wright, I am happy for him. Hopefully he can continue to improve.

Stock Watch, falling: The zone defense. The Bucs need to scrap it because its not working. Cornerback Darrelle Revis never should be asked to play zone defense.

Best quote of the day.

the problem is tht other than Revis no one else we have can play man. I mean our safeties are mismatched in zone let alone man. I'm not sure any other CB can play man either. Yes, we can try and play that box and 1 type thing where Revis is in man and everyone else plays zone but that is hard to work because now everyone has that much larger zones to try and cover and with no real push rush we will get ripped apart. Again, part of the strategic levelo failure with Revis is that he didn't fit the personnel and scheme we have.

Fair points. Here is my take on the situation.

You don't bring in the best CB in the entire league, pay him 19mil a year, and say ok, we are going to dumb you down to the level of our other pedestrian CB's.  We will put you in zone, just so the others can look halfway decent.

The better approach would be to play him in man where he excels. And tell the others, look guys, you are playing with the best CB in the game, you all are going to have to raise your level of play now.  If they can't cover the opponents #2 WR, maybe they shouldn't be here at all.

+150 billion.

Great post AJ.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 14, 2013, 08:37:05 AM

Goldson , the only logical answer is that Revis isn't Revis.

Elephant in the room.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 14, 2013, 03:09:59 PM

Elephant in the room.

You keep bringing that up. I have seen nothing to back it up. He never was Jeff Demps fast. The guy is so out of sorts right now, in this wacky scheme, I am surprised he hasn't been more vocal about it.  But he is a good teammate, so he is keeping it on the down low until after the season, when Schiano may get walking papers. If he doesn't get canned, I suspect we hear more from Revis, and it won't be pretty. He already requested a meeting with the HC awhile back, its not hard to figure out what that was all about.

The Glazers may very well be monitoring this situation closely.  Lets see, we are paying the best CB in the game 16mil per, and he hates the scheme.Get rid of Revis or Schiano?  Easy decision for them. IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 14, 2013, 03:22:12 PM

Elephant in the room.

You keep bringing that up. I have seen nothing to back it up. He never was Jeff Demps fast. The guy is so out of sorts right now, in this wacky scheme, I am surprised he hasn't been more vocal about it.  But he is a good teammate, so he is keeping it on the down low until after the season, when Schiano may get walking papers. If he doesn't get canned, I suspect we hear more from Revis, and it won't be pretty. He already requested a meeting with the HC awhile back, its not hard to figure out what that was all about.

The Glazers may very well be monitoring this situation closely.  Lets see, we are paying the best CB in the game 16mil per, and he hates the scheme.Get rid of Revis or Schiano?  Easy decision for them. IMO.

Trust me  - I hope you are right and the system just doesn't fit him ,  because if Revis has lost a step , we buried ourselves again with a god awful trade . So far I've been watching him every play and he looks sluggish as hell. May be he just gets lazy over there because teams rarely test him when Leonard and Banks are such easy pickings.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 14, 2013, 08:43:39 PM

Elephant in the room.

Trust me  - I hope you are right and the system just doesn't fit him ,  because if Revis has lost a step , we buried ourselves again with a god awful trade . So far I've been watching him every play and he looks sluggish as hell. May be he just gets lazy over there because teams rarely test him when Leonard and Banks are such easy pickings.

Actually he has been tested quite often, and held up well.  Even if he lost a step, its not all about speed.  Look at Richard Sherman, he is no Usain Bolt, and he is right up there in the best CB in the league discussion.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 14, 2013, 08:45:59 PM

He's been avoided by and large the entire season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2013, 08:54:15 PM

He's been avoided by and large the entire season.

20 tackles, 2 forced  fumbles, and 1 interception

That is not exactly "being avoided".

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 14, 2013, 08:55:49 PM

Sure it is , considering the majority of those tackles and fumbles were on running plays and screen passes and such , lol.

Watch the games.
: October 14, 2013, 09:00:19 PM Dolorous Jason

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 14, 2013, 09:01:29 PM

Sure it is , considering the majority of those tackles and fumbles were on running plays , lol.

Watch the games.

Hell, you might just as well throw the interception in there also. It had to be when another Buc tipped the ball straight up, and it was a easy pick for Revis.  He just happened to be in the right spot at the right time. Your right, he sucks.   [sarcasm font]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 14, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

I'm convinced schiano is getting paid under the table by the saints or Atlanta.

Even Obama is applauding this implosion.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 15, 2013, 01:58:57 AM

Elephant in the room.

You keep bringing that up. I have seen nothing to back it up. He never was Jeff Demps fast. The guy is so out of sorts right now, in this wacky scheme, I am surprised he hasn't been more vocal about it. But he is a good teammate, so he is keeping it on the down low until after the season, when Schiano may get walking papers. If he doesn't get canned, I suspect we hear more from Revis, and it won't be pretty. He already requested a meeting with the HC awhile back, its not hard to figure out what that was all about. [/]

Uhhh...careful with that.  I was blasted for saying Revis was peachy keen on the scheme.

Idiots.

Yeah, you guys who said NOTHING happened are idiots.  FLAT OUT DUMB.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 15, 2013, 02:04:28 AM

Revis knows what his bread and butter is.

While schiano and company act like they've never heard of him before.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Nick Foles...."It felt like it was a home game" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools