Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Halftime Adjustments, Good for Eagles.... Took Bucs out of a successful gameplan « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : October 14, 2013, 03:18:42 AM »

The Buccaneers and Eagles Made the Same Adjustment at Halftime, and It Only Worked for the Eagles

By Leo Howell - Oct 13th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Oct 13, 2013; Tampa, FL, USA; Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper (14) makes a touchdown catch under pressure from Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Johnthan Banks (27) during the third quarter at Raymond James Stadium. the Eagles won 31-20.
 Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

Halftime is a break in the action for a game, but it’s still an important time when it comes to determining the result of the final two quarters. For the second game in a row, the Buccaneers soundly lost while in the locker room, and it showed on the field.

In the first half, the Buccaneers were successful at getting Vincent Jackson and Tim Wright open on short to intermediate routes, while mixing in Doug Martin to good effect. The offense had its most impressive half of the season, and the Eagles seemed to be on their heels.

But in the locker room, both teams made a similar decision. For one team, it worked perfectly. For the other, it took them out of a successful gameplan.

They started to throw the ball deep.

Chip Kelly and the Eagles took their shots down the field against the Buccaneer safeties, who were creeping up the field to defend the potent running game for Philadelphia. That’s why Johnthan Banks was alone on Riley Cooper for the first long touchdown pass, and why DeSean Jackson was all alone behind Dashon Goldson and Mark Barron for the second.

The Buccaneers also chose to throw the ball deep, and it exposed Mike Glennon’s weakness since entering the NFL. He has yet to place a sideline deep throw in bounds, and he brutally missed a deep route down the seam. He’s been awful on go routes so far in his NFL career.

So the Buccaneers were unable to take the top off of the defense, and the safeties crept up the field more and more and it limited the Bucs options in the running game and the passing game.

Both teams decided to focus more on deep passing. For Chip Kelly it was a wise use of his talented receivers against a cheating defense. For Greg Schiano, it was a stubborn insistence upon doing what he thinks will help this team win.

His 1-10 record in the last 11 games should be an indication that he doesn’t really know what helps the team win. Today was yet another example.

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/10/13/buccaneers-eagles-made-adjustment-halftime-worked-eagles/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 14, 2013, 03:42:46 AM »

Successful? It's the same one every week.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 14, 2013, 04:49:55 AM »

They looked good early on, Dougie was ripping off chunks of yardage, and Glennon was doing well with the short and intermediate stuff.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 14, 2013, 06:55:09 AM »

All plays, well most of them other than designed short yardage plays, have deep routes. The fact that Foles started throwing them and so did Glennon isn't anything more than a read on the QB's part. Coaches can't tell -- and shouldn't -- a QB where to throw the ball they go where the reads are.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 14, 2013, 06:57:56 AM »

Banks sucks right now.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 14, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »

Banks sucks right now.

The scheme sucks right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 14, 2013, 03:12:15 PM »

Banks sucks right now.

The scheme forced Banks to let Cooper catch the bomb he was in position to defend in that gif ??
« : October 14, 2013, 06:03:37 PM Dolorous Jason »

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #7 : October 14, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »

The Buccaneers also chose to throw the ball deep, and it exposed Mike Glennon’s weakness since entering the NFL. He has yet to place a sideline deep throw in bounds, and he brutally missed a deep route down the seam. He’s been awful on go routes so far in his NFL career.

So bad with those deep throws. Glennon has a strong enough arm. He's accurate. Doesn't make sense.

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 14, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »

But halftime adjustments are overrated and used for pee pee breaks, snacks and juicey juice.

What a stubborn ass.

I can imagine Schiano at the half in the locker room going something like...

Player and/or assistant coach: Hey, coach, this is what I am seeing and if we try this and this and adjust this and this we could really catch them looking...

Schiano: "What was that "a" word you said? *smirking*

Player and/or assistant coach: "Uhhh...and???"

Schiano: "No...not that one..."

Player and/or assistant coach: "Ummm...adjust??"

Schiano: "Thaaaats the one! *smirking* You know those are overrated...c'mon now...this is time for potty breaks and snacks..."

Player and/or assistant coach: "But..."

Schiano: "No butts meow...meow go grab yourself one of those juice boxes..." *slaps'em on them behind* 

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 14, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »

But halftime adjustments are overrated and used for pee pee breaks, snacks and juicey juice.

What a stubborn ass.

I can imagine Schiano at the half in the locker room going something like...

Player and/or assistant coach: Hey, coach, this is what I am seeing and if we try this and this and adjust this and this we could really catch them looking...

Schiano: "What was that "a" word you said? *smirking*

Player and/or assistant coach: "Uhhh...and???"

Schiano: "No...not that one..."

Player and/or assistant coach: "Ummm...adjust??"

Schiano: "Thaaaats the one! *smirking* You know those are overrated...c'mon now...this is time for potty breaks and snacks..."

Player and/or assistant coach: "But..."

Schiano: "No butts meow...meow go grab yourself one of those juice boxes..." *slaps'em on them behind*

+1. :(

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : October 14, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »

Banks sucks right now.

The scheme forced Banks to let that Cooper catch the bomb he was in position to defend in that gif ??

When watching the gif. in the initial post, I find it interesting we have 4 guys covering an Eagle on an intermediate route in the middle of the field but no safety help on the long ball.....wtf???

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 14, 2013, 06:07:22 PM »

Doesn't matter. Corners end up one on one deep all the time.  A decent corner breaks that up. Banks is not , yet.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 14, 2013, 06:10:57 PM »

So bad with those deep throws. Glennon has a strong enough arm. He's accurate. Doesn't make sense.

Some of it is probably lack of snaps with the starters. It takes time to get the timing down on those throws because you dont know how fast your receivers are. And some of it is afraid of getting picked because they are sailing out of bounds.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

« #13 : October 14, 2013, 06:16:04 PM »

When has relying on a rookie CB ever been a good idea? Schiano didn't even learn from his mistake of last year as I saw Leonard Johnson as the opening day corner this year.  That is the mentality we have to deal with and another reason why the fans aren't foolish enough to buy tickets to the games.  Schiano should have been fired two weeks ago. 
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Halftime Adjustments, Good for Eagles.... Took Bucs out of a successful gameplan « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools