Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik on the Freeman leak investigation........Bring it on « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : October 14, 2013, 03:23:10 AM »

Bucs would welcome investigation into Freeman leak

By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff

Published: October 13, 2013

TAMPA —

Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik responded boldly Sunday to a report that the NFL Players Association wants the NFL to join its investigation into whether Bucs coach Greg Schiano leaked information regarding former quarterback Josh Freeman’s status in the NFL’s substance-abuse program.

“We’re not afraid of an investigation,’’ Dominik said. “We would welcome it.’’

Dominik’s comments came a day after USAToday.com published a report saying the NFLPA discovered through its own investigation that Schiano might have told other Bucs players about Freeman’s status in the drug program. The NFLPA, according to the story, wants the NFL to help confirm its findings.

The NFLPA is seeking a joint investigation into the matter because that would allow union officials to question Schiano and other Bucs team officials they normally would not be allowed to interview.

The NFL responded early Sunday with a statement:

“We take the confidentiality provision of the policy as seriously as the union and will vigorously pursue any leads the union provides. However, such information should be shared confidentially with our office rather than inappropriately leaked to the media before the investigation has been concluded into the matter.’’

According to the USAToday.com report, the NFLPA learned through its own investigation that Schiano discussed Freeman’s status in the NFL drug program with other Bucs players before Freeman was released by the team on Oct. 3.

On Sept. 30, ESPN.com cited league and player sources in a story that said Freeman was a Stage One participant in the league program. Hours later, Freeman confirmed his participation, saying in a statement that he voluntarily entered the program after mistakenly taking Ritalin instead of Adderall to treat ADHD.

Freeman, who has since signed with the Minnesota Vikings, said in the statement he had been cleared by the league to take Adderall, adding that he had taken 46 drug tests as a participant in the program in the previous 18 months and has never tested positive for any illegal drugs.

On Oct. 1, Schiano denied leaking any information regarding Freeman’s status in the NFL substance abuse program. When asked directly if he had leaked any of Freeman’s confidential medical information, he said, “Absolutely not.’’

On Sunday, Schiano reacted to news of the players union seeking a joint investigation into the matter in much the same way Dominik did.

“We as an organization look forward to cooperating with the NFL and the NFLPA,’’ Schiano said. “I’ve already commented on it and we’ll leave it at that.’’

rcummings@tampatrib.com

(813) 259-7979

Twitter: @RCummingsTBO

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 14, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »

What else are they going to say? "Yeah, we did it?"

This bomb is about to drop.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 14, 2013, 05:27:06 AM »

Its a good possibilty Dom and/or Schiano are involved. Proving anything is another matter.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 14, 2013, 05:45:17 AM »

Its a good possibilty Dom and/or Schiano are involved. Proving anything is another matter.

Don't consider that a "good possibility".  THey gain nothing from it..  Only in the eyes of the most derranged Freepologist is there a reason for them to do that.

Much more likely that a teammate called Josh on his little bich act, and Freeman tried to pitch the "I have a disability that meanie Greg isn't coddling" line to them, but they were as reflexively sympathetic as he hoped and leaked it out.

dlwoltmann

Second String

« #4 : October 14, 2013, 05:47:47 AM »

The further potential for damage to this franchise and it's fanbase grows every hour that Schiano is still the HC of this team... let him go... NOW

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 14, 2013, 06:02:18 AM »

Its a good possibility Dom and/or Schiano are involved. Proving anything is another matter.

Don't consider that a "good possibility".  THey gain nothing from it..  Only in the eyes of the most derranged Freepologist is there a reason for them to do that.

Much more likely that a teammate called Josh on his little bich act, and Freeman tried to pitch the "I have a disability that meanie Greg isn't coddling" line to them, but they were as reflexively sympathetic as he hoped and leaked it out.

Well, let me throw this at you, just a possible scenario.  Schiano can't stand Freeman for whatever reason.  So he wants him out of here.  It would be dangerous to just cut him or whatever, and he goes somewhere and turns into Tom Brady.   That would reflect badly on Schiano.  So he needs to discredit him.  And the only thing he had was the Adderall thing and the showing up late or whatever. 

So now he is covered, if Freeman excels in Minny or any other team,  Schiano can fall back on the...well ya but he is a total screwup that I didn't want to be part of the team.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 14, 2013, 07:32:26 AM »

The only way they could get proof is for Schiano to admit it ( good luck ) , or Chris Mortenson to out his source , and if he outs his source no one will ever trust him with their confidentiality again. His career as an insider would be over.

I know the Freepologists want heads to roll today , and not tomorrow , but nothing will come of this.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 14, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »

As it was reported that Schiano divulged Josh's involvement in the drug program to some of his team-mates prior to it being made public (probably feeling that an in-house discussion was warranted)....this information reached Mort somehow....the question is who.....was it one of the team-mates or was it Josh?

I highly doubt an NFL coach or GM in 2013 are that unsophisticated....not even Greg Schiprano.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 14, 2013, 09:05:58 AM »

Dom will welcome anything that can put some distance between him and Schiano

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 14, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »

I think it's pretty likely the Bucs leaked the stuff about the team photo and other minor screw ups, but I don't think Schiano leaked the drug stuff, mostly because he's only even been in the NFL a year and a half, how many times, if ever, has he even met Chris Mortensen? How would Mort get that info from someone he probably barely has a relationship with?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 14, 2013, 09:12:08 AM »

Dom will welcome anything that can put some distance between him and Schiano

Haha no honor among thieves.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 14, 2013, 09:12:16 AM »

I think Schiano probably mentioned it to the team to support his decision to bench Freeman....which would be a breach and an out for the Bucs to terminate with cause

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 14, 2013, 09:45:14 AM »

Is it possible that Dom is on the Tank for Teddy bandwagon and wants this circus?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #13 : October 14, 2013, 09:45:21 AM »

I think Schiano probably mentioned it to the team to support his decision to bench Freeman....which would be a breach and an out for the Bucs to terminate with cause

This.  Most likely scenario seems to be Schiano mentioned it to some of the veteran leaders of the team in hopes of swaying the locker room into his corner when benching and cutting Freeman. One of those players told Mort about it. Sh!t hit the fan.

All that needs to happen now is for the players he told to rat him out to investigators.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 14, 2013, 09:46:52 AM »

This.  Most likely scenario seems to be Schiano mentioned it to some of the veteran leaders of the team in hopes of swaying the locker room into his corner when benching and cutting Freeman. One of those players told Mort about it. Sh!t hit the fan.

All that needs to happen now is for the players he told to rat him out to investigators.

Is Schiano an idiot?  Joseph is the NFLPA rep.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dominik on the Freeman leak investigation........Bring it on « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools