Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs mess just canít end well « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

ę : October 14, 2013, 03:31:13 AM Ľ

Fennelly: Bucs mess just canít end well

Bucs Greg Schiano reacts during Sunday's loss to the Eagles.
 CHRIS URSO/STAFF

By Martin Fennelly | Tribune Staff

Published: October 13, 2013

TAMPA ó

And then there was the game ...

Games seem almost afterthoughts at this point, secondary to the galaxy of chaos where they live, far out in space, 0-5 seemingly weightless.

Only 0-5 isnít weightless.

Itís the reality.

Itís why Greg Schiano will have to go.

Start the clock.

0-5 is the reality. So are 10 losses during the past 11 games across two seasons. Throw in six consecutive home losses after an average Eagles team beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31-20 on Sunday.

This wonít, and shouldnít, end well for the head coach.

Or Bucs general manager Mark Dominik.

Thatís the reality.

Itís a debacle.

I exclude the MRSA mess, which is no laughing matter.

Schianoís record, thatís a laughing matter.

He canít survive 0-8 if it gets that bad.

Iíd call this a circus, but Iíve stopped doing that out of fear of litigation that actual circuses might consider it libelous to be compared with the Bucs. Hey, donít think guys with seltzer bottles donít have lawyers.

Itís the swirl that never ends.

Another Sunday, another Schiano rumor, this time that the NFLPA thinks Schiano is the one who leaked Josh Freemanís medical information.

I donít believe that. Schiano isnít evil. Heís just a college coach in over his head. Also, if that rumor was true, Schiano would have been fired by the Glazers, on the spot, right? Right?

ďWeíre not afraid of an investigation,Ē Dominik said Sunday.

What Dominik should fear is an investigation into his record as GM: 24-45.

Greg Schiano is 7-14.

Thatís the reality.

This season didnít even need MRSA to turn into the Andromeda Strain.

Still, is it really a good thing when a TV camera guy is wearing gloves into your locker room Sunday because he has an open cut on a finger?

Is it really a good thing when Lawrence Tynesí wife is sending a get-well tweet to Carl Nicks? Or when you have the guy from my new favorite acronym, DICON?

And then there are the games.

All that money spent, all that talent acquired, all these shiny new toys, and this franchise has gone and made messy in its pants.

All the Bucs have are losses and rules, rules and losses, and thatís on Shawshank Schiano.

I donít see how he lasts the season.

Whereís the hope right now, Mike Glennon or no Mike Glennon? Where?

Maybe Dave Wannstedt and Butch Davis can flip a coin to see who finishes it out.

Sounds crazy, I know. But what kind of crazy hasnít happened with this franchise?

ďIím confused, too,Ē Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. ďI donít know. We have eight (Pro Bowlers), I think. I donít know. I just get paid to play. I donít know.Ē

The Bucs have a $96 million defensive back, Darrelle Revis, and theyíre 0-5. Revis was asked about his head coachís future.

ďI really donít know,Ē Revis said. ďThat canít be my focus. That canít be the teamís focus right now. We canít control what management does. Management is going to do whatís best for the organization. At the same time, weíve still got a season to play.Ē

Whatever happened to ... ďThatís crazy. Get out of here.Ē

The Bucs are lost, and thereís no coming back, not with this coach, who canít win close games (0-6 in ones decided by three points or fewer), is 1-0 against Josh Freeman, but now 0-2 against Nick Foles, and who demands trust from his players while not trusting them at all. At 0-5, or slightly beyond, is about when treating grown men as children begins to boomerang.

The Glazers must be beside themselves, which means there are now two Eds. Iím sure they donít want to make a change midstream, pay two head coaches at once. Theyíve traveled that road. They wonít have a choice at this rate.

This franchise is a mess.

And then there are the games.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #1 : October 14, 2013, 03:37:34 AM Ľ

Murphy's law.

"Anything that can go wrong with schiano, will go wrong with schiano."

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

ę #2 : October 14, 2013, 05:15:55 AM Ľ

I like that guys writing style.   And he is right on, this is not going to end well.  When, is the question.  Seeing the Glazer boys never canned anyone midseason, I would guess he gets to the Monday after game 16.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
ę #3 : October 14, 2013, 05:47:23 AM Ľ

I didn't even read this after I saw the author.  Can we just ban Fennely articles?  I'd be insulting third graders if I said he wrote on their level. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

ę #4 : October 14, 2013, 05:55:18 AM Ľ

I didn't even read this after I saw the author.  Can we just ban Fennely articles?  I'd be insulting third graders if I said he wrote on their level.

Should of read it, its a good one.  With all this BS going on, the games have become secondary. And that is a shame for all the hard working athletes that bust their azz every Sunday.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
ę #5 : October 14, 2013, 06:58:56 AM Ľ

I dislike Fennelly's writing as much as anyone and yet have to admit this is a good column.

In Verner We Trust

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

ę #6 : October 14, 2013, 09:45:19 AM Ľ

I liked the article.  This is a mess and it shouldn't end well.

Turn the page.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

ę #7 : October 14, 2013, 09:50:23 AM Ľ

How can it get worse?

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

ę #8 : October 14, 2013, 10:05:29 AM Ľ

ďIím confused, too,Ē Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. ďI donít know. We have eight (Pro Bowlers), I think. I donít know. I just get paid to play. I donít know.Ē

Well, we've officially lost Geraldini. I just get paid to play. Wow. That quote really stuck out to me. You get paid to win.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

ę #9 : October 14, 2013, 10:08:28 AM Ľ

Well, we've officially lost Geraldini. I just get paid to play. Wow. That quote really stuck out to me. You get paid to win.

He is the last guy we need to worry about.  I think that quote was just frustration and his inability to come up with a PC answer to the press, even though he clearly wants to scream out how much dysfunction exists at OBP. 

He was also the guy mentioned in Jay Feeley's tweet about coming after the Victory formation.  He is not a fan of Mr. Schiano. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

ę #10 : October 14, 2013, 10:10:24 AM Ľ

That's bad.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

ę #11 : October 14, 2013, 10:12:19 AM Ľ

You never want to hear one of your star players say that they are just there to go through the motions and collect their paycheck.

JohnBuc06

Starter

ę #12 : October 14, 2013, 11:20:27 AM Ľ

You never want to hear one of your star players say that they are just there to go through the motions and collect their paycheck.

That's the true definition of a Head Coach "losing" the locker room.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

ę #13 : October 14, 2013, 01:12:59 PM Ľ

This has been a mess since he got here.  If you can't win the Big East how can you expect to win the NFC South.  I don't understand how the Glazers did not see this coming.

Terrible hire.  He's a mediocre college coach.  Nothing more.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

ę #14 : October 14, 2013, 02:18:16 PM Ľ

How can it get worse?

I keep saying that, then it does.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs mess just canít end well « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools