Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Updated Draft Order « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 14, 2013, 03:54:45 AM

NFL Draft Order 2014: Giants keep first pick as Steelers fall down the draft board

By Sander Philipse@Sanderrp on Oct 13 2013, 8:45pm

Beth Hall-USA TODAY Sports

Who's at the top of the draft order this week? The New York Giants continue to lead, but it's getting closer.

The NFL Draft order continues to be intriguing. Hey, the winless teams have to get excited about something, right? The Giants continue to hold on to the first pick by dint of their relatively weak schedule, but the schedule strengths are starting to creep together. The Steelers get out of the top three for the first time thanks to their first win, while the Falcons are surprisingly staring a top five pick in the face.

The Jaguars still have the toughest schedule in the league going by team records, but it's getting a lot closer. The Giants' schedule is starting to look tougher, too. On the one hand, that makes it more likely they'll lose games. On the other hand, it hurts their draft position in case of ties. The Vikings, Falcons, Steelers and Redskins are all one-win teams with easier schedules than the three winless teams.

No adjustment for the playoffs yet, as it's too early in the season to say much about that. Just note that picks 21 through 32 will be filled with playoff teams in reverse finishing order. The Browns and Rams would have to flip coins for draft positions as it stands currently, but there are no other schedule ties.

Pick          Team          W-L            SoS

1           NYG           0 - 6          47 - 39

2            JAX           0 - 6          54 - 39

3            TB             0 - 5          51 - 40

4           MIN            1 - 4          46 - 43

5           ATL            1 - 4          46 - 42

6           PIT             1 - 4          50 - 43

7         WSH            1 - 3          43 - 47

8          BUF            2 - 4          47 - 43

9         OAK             2 - 4          47 - 42

10       HOU            2 - 4          53 - 40

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/13/4835510/nfl-draft-order-2014-giants-keep-first-pick-as-steelers-fall-down-the

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2013, 04:49:55 AM

Seriously, wtf is wrong with the giants that it's gotten that bad?

Do they have Mrsa spreading though the lockerroom? Maybe a QB outting? Conspiracies abound possibly?

Wtf could be their excuse?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 14, 2013, 05:10:44 AM

Seriously, wtf is wrong with the giants that it's gotten that bad?

Do they have Mrsa spreading though the lockerroom? Maybe a QB outting? Conspiracies abound possibly?

Wtf could be their excuse?

Eli has been terrible. And they may have tuned Coughlin out.  There are rumors Coughlin goes to the Panthers as HC next season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 14, 2013, 07:56:41 AM

no rumors of Coughlin to Tampa? seriously we need that guy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 14, 2013, 08:01:05 AM

I swear I keep thinking the NYG have to win a game at some point. You figure Eli will pull his head out of his keester for a couple of games this year right?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

m_j

Starter

#5 : October 14, 2013, 08:11:15 AM

That would be good thing, but I doubt he will coach anyone after Giants .... he is ready for a retirement, no matter if this year or next one or ....

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 14, 2013, 08:44:36 AM

I swear I keep thinking the NYG have to win a game at some point. You figure Eli will pull his head out of his keester for a couple of games this year right?

They definitely will.  They still have Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego, and Washington twice.  They'll win  a minimum of 3 games in that group alone.  The G-Men will end up with about 5-7 wins when all is said and done.

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Jacksonville will get the #1 pick and we'll get #2 (it's fitting).  I'm ok with Hundley.  I like that kid.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2013, 09:33:53 AM

No way the Giants go winless... they will pick up 3 or 4 wins at least. Eli disappears for long stretches, then puts together miraculous football games.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 14, 2013, 09:43:39 AM

How is Jax ahead of us in this draft order? Bucs have the easier schedule based off of W/L records, so, wouldn't that place us ahead of them?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 14, 2013, 09:46:03 AM

How is Jax ahead of us in this draft order? Bucs have the easier schedule based off of W/L records, so, wouldn't that place us ahead of them?

Noticed that too.  I think it has something to do with them not having the bye yet so technically they have lost one more game than us.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 14, 2013, 01:30:18 PM

Giants have no OL, no run game, QB play has been awful and the D is in shambles. They suck badly and they may not win more than 2 games.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 14, 2013, 01:31:27 PM

Noticed that too.  I think it has something to do with them not having the bye yet so technically they have lost one more game than us.

They have one more loss than us. It will even out after their bye, leaving us at #2.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2013, 02:44:06 PM

That would be good thing, but I doubt he will coach anyone after Giants .... he is ready for a retirement, no matter if this year or next one or ....

Agree. He is 67 now, I think he heads for the rocking chair.

I think the Giants pull out 2-3 wins.  So it will come down to the Bucs and the Jags.  The Jags may pull out a win, they looked decent against the Broncos. but I am not counting on it.  This Buc team is so damn dysfunctional, they might lose to the bad teams, then beat the Niners or Seahawks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 14, 2013, 02:52:40 PM

I think the Giants pull out 2-3 wins.  So it will come down to the Bucs and the Jags.  The Jags may pull out a win, they looked decent against the Broncos. but I am not counting on it.  This Buc team is so damn dysfunctional, they might lose to the bad teams, then beat the Niners or Seahawks.
Hopefully the Jags beat the Browns, Bills and maybe they can sneak a win in against the Colts who should have the division won by week 17.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 14, 2013, 08:07:05 PM

Hopefully the Jags beat the Browns, Bills and maybe they can sneak a win in against the Colts who should have the division won by week 17.

Ya the Bills lost a tough one Sunday. So even though they started out well, if they string together a few losses in a row, things might go south for them fast.  They signed Flynn today, and EJ will be back soon.  Its really hard to see the Jags winning one, but crazier things have happened.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Updated Draft Order « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools