Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hire Lovie Smith « previous next »
Page: 1

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
: October 14, 2013, 10:35:03 AM

Lets face it people, hes the best of the best out there. He has NFL experience, has been to a Superbowl, and multiple playoff appearances. He got the short end of the stick because he just put too much faith in his own staff. The guy had loyalty to his coaches and thats ultimately what cost him his job. He is a guy that players love to play for, and commands respect amongst NFL circles. He also is a Tampa native and helped shape this team into what it was. Who knows how Derrick Brooks or Shelton Quarles would have turned out if Lovie didn't help shape them into the players they were. I think the guy deserves another shot in the NFL.

I think its safe to say we are all sick of college coaches, this staff is nothing but college coaches and we got burned badly from it. I think all that Lovie truly needs is an NFL caliber OC that can ACTUALLY make adjustments to the way teams are playing. It seems to me the curse of this team is that we put so much emphasis on the gameplan and refuse to adapt when the other team figures it out. That has always been the curse of this team with coaches. If you don't let Lovie Smith pick his OC than I think we should be good to go. This defense is almost there. we just need to fix the DE spot and we are golden.

This team is pretty much like the 2012 Chiefs like someone said. All the talent is there, we just need a QB and a HC to bring it to its fullest potential. Glennon is still a possibility so we could potentially invest in Clowney if he does well enough.

Imagine Lovie Smith with a defense that is so good we get Clowney  to go with McCoy and Revis and Goldson and David. That would be a pro-bowl level Defense. And what is to stop us from taking a QB in the second round as well? There is no way that the first round has that many QBs taken. The only teams I truly see that need a QB at this point are Jacksonville, Houston, and the Vikings. I think there is a very good chance that a really good QB drops to us in the second round.

If the Bucs truly tank, it will be a very good attractor for a guy like Lovie to come into. He has experience in the area and he can work with a really good team that just was put in a terrible situation by an a-hole head coach and staff and coincidentally a loser QB that never gave a damn about anyone.

This team is good...we just need to weather the storm guys, get a HC like Lovie, and get a QB. After that, I don't see why we can't make the playoffs next year.

zsmith22

Starter

#1 : October 14, 2013, 10:39:17 AM

I'd be down with Lovie, especially if he could get marinelli as the DC.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 14, 2013, 10:42:38 AM

Marinelli as our DC would be really good if you ask me. He could turn McCoy into one of the best DTs in the game (not that he isnt one already)

RoddyBama1

Rookie

#3 : October 14, 2013, 10:49:32 AM

Lovie Smith is a horrible fit for our next coach. Only made the playoffs 3 out of 9 years with Chicago and could never find an OC who could put together a competent offense. Zero success developing a young QB. Not to mention the fact that he runs a Tampa 2 scheme and our personnel doesn't fit that at all. Give me Roman from San Fran or one of the other top OC's. It's a different league now with all of these rule changes. Coaches like Lovie, that rely on dominant defenses and little offense are relics of the past...

Bookert1905

Starter
#4 : October 14, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

Cowherd is available, he's a better option than Lovie IMO

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 14, 2013, 10:54:14 AM

Why would you want a radio talk show host as your HC?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 14, 2013, 11:50:08 AM

Absolutely not! He's Dungy re-incarnated. Gets the team contending for the playoffs but exposed once in them and never wins the Super Bowl.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2013, 11:55:50 AM

No thanks on Lovie.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 14, 2013, 12:02:12 PM

Why would you want a radio talk show host as your HC?

lol my thought as well

Wesmon

Second String

#9 : October 14, 2013, 12:23:11 PM

So are we gonna try to trade Revis then or just force him to play the antiquated Tampa 2 system all the time?

The game has passed Lovie.

80sucks

Starter

#10 : October 14, 2013, 12:32:40 PM

Lovie wouldn't be a bad DC, but for HC I'd rather have his old boss . . . MIKE MARTZ!

wolfet

Pro Bowler
#11 : October 14, 2013, 12:44:58 PM

I would rather have billick than either.

80sucks

Starter

#12 : October 14, 2013, 12:47:03 PM

Billick didn't create that Minnesota offense, as evidenced by his days in Baltimore.  Martz at least is a great offensive mind who won a Superbowl as OC and got his team to the Superbowl as HC.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hire Lovie Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools