Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Glazers arent going to fire schiano. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGators

Starter

: October 14, 2013, 10:41:11 AM

Until the end of the season, if they fire him at all.  Raheem lost 10 straight before he was fired, in much more embarrassing fashion than we have lost our first 5 here this season. People forget that we are competitive now and our players don't look like they are quitting at all. The Glazers are going to see this one through to the end of
The season. If Schiano can prove he can coach 60 minutes by the end of the season, he stays.

Just my two cents, I don't think any of us saw this season coming out like this which is why there are knee jerk reactions to everything going on.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 14, 2013, 10:45:00 AM

If the Glazers know whats good for them, they won't keep him.

No FA is going to want to come here because of Schiano after this whole Freeman disaster.

I do thank Schiano for getting rid of Josh...that is about the ONLY thing hes done right for this franchise.

If Schiano is the HC next year, don't expect ANYONE to go to the games. They are sick of his bush league management.

I was a believer at first, now I full on hate the guy...amazing what 1 off-season can do.

meatwad4343

Starter

#2 : October 14, 2013, 10:47:36 AM

thing is schiano has already shown he can't coach 60 minutes. so he'll be gone. I do agree with you that It won't be midseason though. it'll look bad to coaching candidates if they get the impression that the glazers will make a knee jerk decision like firing midseason and the glazers know that. we already have a hard enough time getting decent talent to coach here.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 14, 2013, 10:55:34 AM

Until the end of the season, if they fire him at all.  Raheem lost 10 straight before he was fired, in much more embarrassing fashion than we have lost our first 5 here this season. People forget that we are competitive now and our players don't look like they are quitting at all. The Glazers are going to see this one through to the end of
The season. If Schiano can prove he can coach 60 minutes by the end of the season, he stays.

Just my two cents, I don't think any of us saw this season coming out like this which is why there are knee jerk reactions to everything going on.

Bro the hardest part of the schedule hasn't come up yet.  Watch the blow outs come in a flurry the next few weeks.

meatwad4343

Starter

#4 : October 14, 2013, 10:58:30 AM

Bro the hardest part of the schedule hasn't come up yet.  Watch the blow outs come in a flurry the next few weeks.

yup. if we can't beat the panthers in 2 weeks (a winnable game) its a very slippery slope to 0-12 with our schedule coming up until we play the bills.

BucsGators

Starter

#5 : October 14, 2013, 10:59:28 AM

i'm not one for hypotheticals, bro. Why don't you wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

freddy

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 14, 2013, 11:02:33 AM

The one thing the Glazers has proven is they do their own thing.  I think they have also shown that they learn from the past and act accordingly.  Just because the Glazers haven't done it so far doesn't mean they won't do it now.  Also, under Morris, who was available to be an interim coach?  For me, the 2nd half adjustment comment was the nail in the coffin.  Schiano needs to go and he just needs to go now.  The players and fans alike need reassurance that ownership is serious about winning.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 14, 2013, 11:07:42 AM

i'm not one for hypotheticals, bro. Why don't you wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

Hypothetical?  Look at the remaining schedule. 

BucsGators

Starter

#8 : October 14, 2013, 11:10:56 AM

The one thing the Glazers has proven is they do their own thing.  I think they have also shown that they learn from the past and act accordingly.  Just because the Glazers haven't done it so far doesn't mean they won't do it now.  Also, under Morris, who was available to be an interim coach?  For me, the 2nd half adjustment comment was the nail in the coffin.  Schiano needs to go and he just needs to go now.  The players and fans alike need reassurance that ownership is serious about winning.

Honestly what more do the Glazers have to do in season to prove they our serious about winning? Fire the head coach mid season? Thats sure to bring some wins. They opened their checkbooks, albeit only the last two years, in order to field a competitive team. Just trying to say that firing the head coach mid season is not the way to ensure wins.

Regarding the 2nd half adjustments he pretty clearly said that coaches need to stick to their guns but not be stubborn. I think everyone blew that way out of proportion. Only two weeks ago the Glazers said they had trust in Schiano, and a 5 year contract attests to that. Do you honestly think they changed their tune in 14 days?

I'm as mad at Schiano as anyone else. But firing midseason is a questionable and tough decision.

BucsGators

Starter

#9 : October 14, 2013, 11:11:54 AM

Do you see W's or L's next to those games?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 14, 2013, 11:14:51 AM

Do you see W's or L's next to those games?

That is all you have?

How about the fact that Schiano has a worse win percerntage than Morris currently? 

Once the blow outs commence the Schiano apologists will have nothing left.

BucsGators

Starter

#11 : October 14, 2013, 11:18:32 AM

Yea, thats all I need to prove that you can't read.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 14, 2013, 11:20:45 AM

Yea, thats all I need to prove that you can't read.

Schiano's win percentage: .333

Morris win percentage:  .354

Read that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 14, 2013, 11:22:47 AM

Morris win percentage:  .354

Read that.

BucsGators

Starter

#14 : October 14, 2013, 11:24:11 AM

You're funny
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Glazers arent going to fire schiano. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools