Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Glazers arent going to fire schiano. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nitey

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 14, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

Interest in the Bucs from the local fans is dwindling day by day and quite frankly, right at the moment, I see NO winnable games on our schedule with this current coaching staff. The team didn't get closer to a winning team yesterday, they got further away and the fact is that Schiano has lost 10 of his last 11 games and there is ZERO indication that's going to change any time soon.

However, I don't expect the Glazers will make the change this week, my guess is if they are going to do a mid-season change it will either be after the Falcons game or the Panthers game, both of which I expect to see as losses. In fact, what the Glazers SHOULD be fearing is that Schiano actually WINS a game, making them give him more time.

IMO this team is in as much disarray as we had under Morris. No, the team hasn't completely quit on the coaching staff yet, but I'm sure the players don't believe in it by now either. If there was a plan, it would have worked by now.

If I'm Dominick and I want a chance to save my job, the correct move is to fire Schiano today and name an interim coach for the rest of the season. Then convince the Glazers that I've learned enough from the last several years to get the right man for the job. However, I'm just not sure Dominick has enough clout at One Buc and with the Glazers to do this.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#16 : October 14, 2013, 11:27:29 AM

If it were just about the play on the field, then I would keep him until the end of the season. There's more to it than that, though. So far in his tenure he's sparked controversy at every turn. How many players has he run out of town, that have gone on to have very productive careers for other coaches.  I don't disagree about Talib needing to go, but Blount and Bennett could have been very productive if used correctly.  Then factor in multiple NFLPA investigationsregarding his treatment of players. There's no way FA's are going to want to come here unless we overpay them (I.e. Goldson). Every media person, both local and national, are questioning when he'll be fired. It's going to happen, sooner rather than later.  There are just too many reasons why it has to.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 14, 2013, 11:29:42 AM

The new benchmark is if Schiano's teams are blown out..so once that threshold is reached...then what?

JohnBuc06

Starter
#18 : October 14, 2013, 11:31:33 AM

I actually think, baring some major upsets, that Schiano gets fired after the Panther's game on a Thursday night.  That buys whoever the interim coach will be a few extra days to get everything in order and the following game is a road game (Seattle) to "get his feet wet" before having to play in front of the fan base at home again on a Monday night (Dolphins).  I just can't see the Glazer's keeping Schiano on at 0-7 at that point with 4 home games left.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 14, 2013, 11:31:36 AM

They're going to fire Schiano and we hire a new coach ..... and Rah will still be a crappy HC

JohnBuc06

Starter
#20 : October 14, 2013, 11:33:35 AM

I actually think, baring some major upsets, that Schiano gets fired after the Panther's game on a Thursday night.  That buys whoever the interim coach will be a few extra days to get everything in order and the following game is a road game (Seattle) to "get his feet wet" before having to play in front of the fan base at home again on a Monday night (Dolphins).  I just can't see the Glazer's keeping Schiano on at 0-7 at that point with 4 home games left.

With that said I think if the NFLPA investigation comes back and says Schiano was the source for the Freeman/Drug Program leak then you fire him on the spot ...heck they may even have cause to void his contract at that point.  Not saying he did it (I think he did but I have zero proof ...just a belief), but I can't see keeping him on if that comes out ...the players will completely revolt against him.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 14, 2013, 11:38:51 AM

Glazers have more pressing matters with Man U to be honest.

They hired arguably the worst manager for that club and the fans over there are more ruthless than the few here.

Man U will get dealt with before Schiano does sadly.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#22 : October 14, 2013, 11:41:13 AM

With that said I think if the NFLPA investigation comes back and says Schiano was the source for the Freeman/Drug Program leak then you fire him on the spot ...heck they may even have cause to void his contract at that point.  Not saying he did it (I think he did but I have zero proof ...just a belief), but I can't see keeping him on if that comes out ...the players will completely revolt against him.
If the investigations finds evidence that Schiano is guilty,that would likely mean that the players already did revolt. If any of them say that they were told abot Freeman being in the program by Schiano, he's gone.

ctymniak

Second String

#23 : October 14, 2013, 11:41:30 AM

Week 17 against the falcons last year was such a fluke.  The Falcons had wrapped Home Field Advantage and did not want to get hurt in the game.  They had nothing but their health to play for.  Counting that as a win is a joke.  That being said the coach stinks and has to go wether he has lost 5 in a row or 9of his last 10.  Who cares. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 14, 2013, 11:41:42 AM

Glazers have more pressing matters with Man U to be honest.

They hired arguably the worst manager for that club and the fans over there are more ruthless than the few here.

Man U will get dealt with before Schiano does sadly.

Yup.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 14, 2013, 11:42:00 AM

If it were just about the play on the field, then I would keep him until the end of the season. There's more to it than that, though. So far in his tenure he's sparked controversy at every turn. How many players has he run out of town, that have gone on to have very productive careers for other coaches.  I don't disagree about Talib needing to go, but Blount and Bennett could have been very productive if used correctly.  Then factor in multiple NFLPA investigationsregarding his treatment of players. There's no way FA's are going to want to come here unless we overpay them (I.e. Goldson). Every media person, both local and national, are questioning when he'll be fired. It's going to happen, sooner rather than later.  There are just too many reasons why it has to.

I really don't have any problems with the players that Schiano has let go. I'm not sure why SR keeps bringing up that list of Jackson, Winslow, Blount, Price etc. none of them has amounted to anything since they left here. It's not that Schiano has wreaked this team by getting rid of players that have talent and thrown less talented players on the roster. The roster is better than it's been since the superbowl years.

The problem is that Schiano's methods are not working, he doesn't seem to be followning his own tenants of Truth, Belief and Accountability and he's getting out-coached game after game with no apparent improvement. Then if you add the circus that has surrounded the team this season with the way he handled everything else and it's just a bad situation that is getting worse.

I agree with those that say that maybe the Glazers are waiting to see if Schiano has any handprints on the release of Drug information so he can be fired with cause. That sounds more like why Schiano is still here. Hope the Glazers are pushing for a quick investigation!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 14, 2013, 12:24:45 PM

The only coach currently on the staff that could possibly step in is Dave Wannstedt who was head coach of the Dolphins some years back. But I dont think you'd see any improvements in play or organization. Basically you throw in the towel. And now the season becomes a scramble of every man for himself to save their own necks. Veterans will just go through the motions and collect their game checks. The young players would suffer the most and could lead to even further regression.

As for players let go....seriously, people need to stop. Winslow just got suspended. Blount could not pick up a blitzer and puts our QBs in danger. Bennett was injured. Talib kept getting into trouble with the law and is injury-prone (he's hurt again by the way). Jackson couldnt stay drug-free. Freeman? A head-case. Something is wrong with that kid's head and hopefully he gets the help he needs somewhere. I mean...who do you want to keep?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 14, 2013, 12:29:39 PM

The new benchmark is if Schiano's teams are blown out..so once that threshold is reached...then what?

I don't buy that he needs to be blown out. I think the organization is at the lowest point it has ever been since the Glazers have taken over. There is no precedent for what will happen here. People keep saying "they have never fired a HC mid season." When has it been like this?!? Yes Raheem lost 10 straight, people forget we were 4-2 at one point in that season, in first place of the NFC South and beat the Saints by lighting up the scoreboard. There was hope, Raheem could have turned it around even after losing 5 straight and getting some kind of respectable record. This is UNCHARTED territory for the Glazers. I am embarrassed by this mess, there is not way they are not...

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 14, 2013, 12:52:13 PM

The one thing the Glazers has proven is they do their own thing.  I think they have also shown that they learn from the past and act accordingly.  Just because the Glazers haven't done it so far doesn't mean they won't do it now.  Also, under Morris, who was available to be an interim coach?  For me, the 2nd half adjustment comment was the nail in the coffin.  Schiano needs to go and he just needs to go now.  The players and fans alike need reassurance that ownership is serious about winning.

They certainly did NOT LEARN a thing about hiring a coach with little NFL experience.  Another OJT program gone bad.  The Glazers are poor owners and have been since they purchased Man U.  It is hard enough running one franchise well...these schmucks aren't going to be able to do it on two different continents.  They suck as owners and because of that...it is a trickle down affect.  Poor poor decisions from the Glazers.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Glazers arent going to fire schiano. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools